Nice work....

Erenar

Thanks, I think one of the things that's a concern is about having to delete everything and reuploading is having to start over and re-qualify for the 1,000 downloads for the GMAD forum, instead of just being able to leave the ONE mod that's already reached that achievement up, while deleting others.

Understandable.

If I knew how to avoid that and it was feasible, I'd personally hope it'd have been considered.

BTW: I've left a mention to the other staff about my earlier post here in case it needs corrected on something. I mean they'll read this anyway, but I don't want to go handing off incorrect guesswork as fact if I can avoid it.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I think one of the things that's a concern is about having to delete everything and reuploading is having to start over and re-qualify for the 1,000 downloads for the GMAD forum, instead of just being able to leave the ONE mod that's already reached that achievement up, while deleting others.

Understandable.

If I knew how to avoid that and it was feasible, I'd personally hope it'd have been considered.

BTW: I've left a mention to the other staff about my earlier post here in case it needs corrected on something. I mean they'll read this anyway, but I don't want to go handing off incorrect guesswork as fact if I can avoid it.

Thank you again.

Guest deleted34304850

there are no ads in vortex. what makes you think there are, or will be? or is it yet more crap you've made up on the spot?

Maybe try reading the post first. I never said there were ads in Vortex.

imagine having a post where you ask someone not to make stuff up removed. yet the post that contains the complete gubbins remains in situ. just imagine that.

If a file is deleted then it's up to the damn modpack maker to update their 'collection'. Why do you keep mods hostage? This is all about money, money that mod creators won't see a cent of...

If a file isn't deleted then nobody has to update anything.

And what do you mean by "hostage". That makes no sense in any context.

And mod creators still get the DP from any downloads.

If a file is deleted then it's up to the damn modpack maker to update their 'collection'. Why do you keep mods hostage? This is all about money, money that mod creators won't see a cent of...

So the answer to lazy ass mod pack makers is to take control from mod maker?

What percentage do they give back to mod creators? I'd be impressed if it was more than 5%.

Also, modpack makers won't share anything with the creators when they plaster the modpack section with Patreon begging.

And again, authors update mods for a reason. Why is the onus on mod authors to make sure some list curators list doesn't change? Do we really WANT them distributing mods with known bugs??? That's just idiotic.

So the answer to lazy ass mod pack makers is to take control from mod maker?

What percentage do they give back to mod creators? I'd be impressed if it was more than 5%.

Also, modpack makers won't share anything with the creators when they plaster the modpack section with Patreon begging.

If I read it right, Mod list curators (collections) won't be getting Donation Points for their list.

Because they want their system to have more functionality than any other collection system.

And Mod Authors have never been able to opt out of any other collection system, so why should this one be hamstrung by such a system?

Mod authors need simply stop updating their mods here and post those updates elsewhere.

Nexus may claim infinite rights to the binaries in their database and be able to use them in the modpacks, but it we stop updating here and post updates elsewhere, those binaries are now different AND they are not on Nexus servers, so they will have NO rights to include them in their modpack lists. And if they do use them, we have legal ground to do something about it, because they refused us the means to opt out and removed our ability to remove our mods, and then to go and circumvent all of that to use OFF-Nexus mods hosted elsewhere, that are not within their "rights"? No no.. that would be very bad for them.

Mod authors actually do have the power here and we can exercise it. Nexus may win round one with all of this stuff, but in the long run, they've shot themselves in the foot. Literally. Users follow mod authors, not the site. And if the updates to their favourite mods are elsewhere... not hard to intuit what comes after that, right?

Because they want their system to have more functionality than any other collection system.

And Mod Authors have never been able to opt out of any other collection system, so why should this one be hamstrung by such a system?

Mod authors need simply stop updating their mods here and post those updates elsewhere.

Nexus may claim infinite rights to the binaries in their database and be able to use them in the modpacks, but it we stop updating here and post updates elsewhere, those binaries are now different AND they are not on Nexus servers, so they will have NO rights to include them in their modpack lists. And if they do use them, we have legal ground to do something about it, because they refused us the means to opt out and removed our ability to remove our mods, and then to go and circumvent all of that to use OFF-Nexus mods hosted elsewhere, that are not within their "rights"? No no.. that would be very bad for them.

Mod authors actually do have the power here and we can exercise it. Nexus may win round one with all of this stuff, but in the long run, they've shot themselves in the foot. Literally. Users follow mod authors, not the site. And if the updates to their favourite mods are elsewhere... not hard to intuit what comes after that, right?

Wabbajack has the ability to interact with many different websites, to download mods. I do not know all the ins and outs of the system, I am just aware that it has that ability.