Trying to understand

MajorCyco

Guest deleted34304850

i use the label troll and gaslight against those who troll and gaslight.

i haven't seen a single post that contains "nexus suxorz" in this thread, so i don't know where you get that equation from. as it doesn't exist in this thread, it's safe to say that it is a strawman argument that you created to put a viewpoint across to my observation. some might even call it trolling or gaslighting.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i use the label troll and gaslight against those who troll and gaslight.

i haven't seen a single post that contains "nexus suxorz" in this thread, so i don't know where you get that equation from. as it doesn't exist in this thread, it's safe to say that it is a strawman argument that you created to put a viewpoint across to my observation. some might even call it trolling or gaslighting.

You know as well as I do that "nexus suxorz" was not meant literally. But there has been plenty of rage comments that make no sense. That was my point.

Maybe you are the one gas-lighting or trolling? :cool:

For what i see...

LL - Best people ever, good forum interface, terrible downloads interface, image limits is a huge down for me, NSFW ads are not a problem because i use blocker.

ModDrop - So the TOS is fine, they have a tool/app for manager, the mod page is nice, see a future here, don´t know the download speed.

ModWorkshop - Very similar do ModDrop, for what i see in the Payday2 mods, they can be very organized, i like it, still don´t test the download speed or read the TOS.

CurseForge - I would say is the best, i try the download speed and is very good, the TOS don´t permit any adult content...

ModDB - I think is a good place for big projects

Moddingham - I check the site, still don´t register to see how the download area is, but i think this is a down side, more open the content the better in my opinion.

Of course, this is just my opinion in sites i see around, for me, i think modworkshop is a good place to start.

There is some of that, for sure. But also, I think, anyone who doesn't have the "gahh, Nexus suxorz!" type attitude is labelled a troll or accused of gas-lighting, etc. As I said, I hate the way they are going about this, but some of what has been posted here is way off base.

Their ToS is vague, badly worded and contradicts itself. I've been on the Nexus since 2009 and I've seen how much it has changed... and it's not for the better. Take it as you will.

For what i see...

(... snip...)

Moddingham - I check the site, still don´t register to see how the download area is, but i think this is a down side, more open the content the better in my opinion.

Of course, this is just my opinion in sites i see around, for me, i think modworkshop is a good place to start.

You need to register to Moddingham because it has adult content. It's dagoba's site after all.

It's best for mods to be spread out over several websites, if Nexus has a monopoly on Bethesda mods, what happens if you get banned?

You lose access to thousands of Bethesda mods because they're all on one site.

That's not good.

No, it isn't. Not getting banned would be a viable solution then?

For what i see...

LL - Best people ever, good forum interface, terrible downloads interface, image limits is a huge down for me, NSFW ads are not a problem because i use blocker.

ModDrop - So the TOS is fine, they have a tool/app for manager, the mod page is nice, see a future here, don´t know the download speed.

ModWorkshop - Very similar do ModDrop, for what i see in the Payday2 mods, they can be very organized, i like it, still don´t test the download speed or read the TOS.

CurseForge - I would say is the best, i try the download speed and is very good, the TOS don´t permit any adult content...

ModDB - I think is a good place for big projects

To make a correction on something I said much earlier in this thread about Curseforge. I have a couple of projects over on there, and I noticed no way to delete files, not even the older files. But as it turns out, you have to first archive them, and then go to the archived files section of your project to delete the file. So you don't actually have to delete the entire project to remove files like I initially thought.

It's one of those things I never learned as ... never thought about deleting my stuff lol. But figured this would be some good info to know for anyone who is considering using CurseForge.

Folks, ownership is a legal issue, and what the Nexus is doing does not in any way claim ownership.

I strongly suspect that it's because it's a legal issue that they're so firm about this when someone states they're claiming ownership.

Ownership includes being able to do pretty much whatever you want with your property, including licensing rights to it to others. And that is what's being done here, licensing of rights, not transfer of ownership.

THAT SAID... the rights that are claimed in the license include all six of the rights of a copyright holder under US law, specifically and explicitly, and when it comes to copyrighted IP, the terms "copyright holder" and "owner" are often used interchangeably.

The only right of the copyright holder not claimed by name is the right to create derivative work, but since they do claim the unrestricted right to edit, that's covered.

In addition, said licensed rights are claimed for eternity once granted, and they're granted the moment you use their site.

So no, they're NOT claiming ownership, and statements that they are doing so are verifiably false.

But they ARE claiming rights to do pretty much whatever they want with your content except grant licensing rights to someone else, because your using their site gives them permission to do so.

Here's the sentence right BEFORE the one he posted in the ToS

With regard to User Submissions known as “add-ons”, "maps", "mods", or other types of projects submitted through the ModDrop desktop client application or sites powered by ModDrop (“Submitted Projects”), the aforementioned rights granted by you terminate once you remove or delete such Submitted Projects from the Service.

You should think about what the word "aforementioned" means and why that line is before the one I posted earlier.

Here's the sentence right BEFORE the one he posted in the ToS

With regard to User Submissions known as “add-ons”, "maps", "mods", or other types of projects submitted through the ModDrop desktop client application or sites powered by ModDrop (“Submitted Projects”), the aforementioned rights granted by you terminate once you remove or delete such Submitted Projects from the Service.

You should think about what the word "aforementioned" means and why that line is before the one I posted earlier.

Good catch. Even I didn't realize that when I read that. Wow ... I sort of feel like they worded things like that on purpose, pretty shady.