Trying to understand

MajorCyco

Why are you trying to educate each other? After 115 pages it should be clear that some have obviously not enjoyed an adequate upbringing by their parents and thus any attempt by outsiders to change this can only fail. But more importantly, this does not contribute anything meaningful to the topic. So please get back on topic

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's clear that some people here suffer from extreme veteran entitlement around here so this will be my last post here. It's pretty obvious that a certain number of people can't see past their own noses. They can't understand how having a mod list that is stable and guaranteed to work with older and tested versions of mods is paramount to the success of any collection system. It's like saying that people should all be using test branches of software instead of stable versions because the test versions have extra features but might break everything.

I can understand the frustration of having some privileges/rights that you used to have suddenly taken away from you, but I find "very impressive" how after 113 pages you still can't see how this will greatly improve the system's functionality for everyone else.

Keep being you. The gifs were entertaining. Nobody really cares :D

you do not understand even a tiny bit of this thread. it is not about frustration about mod collection and the need to take away any rights of anyone. there is not even any prove that the priviledges ( i would call it basic rights of a mod owner) have to be taken away.

the only thing which is true about this matter is, that nexusmods offered a vision and they are not willing or able to discuss this before introducing their new - one and only- mod collection system and the consequences of their surprising 180 degree change of mind.

there is no technical need (show me any evidence!) to reduce mod owners rights to a minimum that they effectively just exist on paper and nothing more - and all that just for a mod collection system addon ?

if nexusmods seriously thinks a mod collection system is more important than the mods itself it is surprising enough but if they seriously claim that no mod collection system can exist without disturbing the community, especially the source of all what made them big - mod authors and their mods - this says all what surprisingly happended here - even if i still don't know why.

The circle is still going round? Wait, I've got a contribution...

234941c9d553eea76de2067b9b2b30cd.gif

Also, weren't some users saying they're about to delete their mods and leave? Well, none of that seemed to have happened for the major part. Dat inconsequence.

Also, weren't some users saying they're about to delete their mods and leave? Well, none of that seemed to have happened for the major part. Dat inconsequence.

Such an appropriate user name.

Not once ounce of support or empathy, just toxicity towards fellow modders.

How absolutely and utterly shameful

Just a suggestion for those who have decided to share their creations elsewhere or even leave the realm of modding entirely:

Consider putting the names of your creations on your profile pages. Having the names of your mods listed will make it easier to find you (or learn of what led up to your decision to leave) by the search engines. I see quite a few saying farewell, but (probably because I am an oddball who goes more by avatar pictures rather than by user names) I cannot remember who you are or what you created. I doubt very much that I am alone in that.

There is so much conflicted passion contained in these pages. I sincerely wish all who are leaving the absolute best.

Also, weren't some users saying they're about to delete their mods and leave? Well, none of that seemed to have happened for the major part.

You checked this how?

I had the mods I cared about removed. I know of a number of other people who had some or all of their mods removed.

How many I wonder removed their mods without any kind of announcement, so we don't know they did so, or are simply abandoning the current versions here, never to update them again?

@Brabbit, so you are bothered by ModDrop hosting a few mods without permission (and deleting them when authors requested) but it's "excusable" when the same thing is done by Nexusmods at a massive scale.

OK.

Because context is important. I even literally explained why. But I guess context and differences in circumstances to you is meaningless.

@Brabbit, so you are bothered by ModDrop hosting a few mods without permission (and deleting them when authors requested) but it's "excusable" when the same thing is done by Nexusmods at a massive scale.

OK.

Because context is important. I even literally explained why. But I guess context and differences in circumstances to you is meaningless.

It appears to me that you have axonis at somewhat of a disadvantage. He is obliged to argue consistently, applying logic and rationality to his statements.

It's clear from your form in this thread that you place no such burden upon yourself.

It appears to me that you have axonis at somewhat of a disadvantage. He is obliged to argue consistently, applying logic and rationality to his statements.

It's clear from your form in this thread that you place no such burden upon yourself.

Being logical and rational is when you understand different circumstances typically means viewing something differently. The world isn't black and white where one answer fits all. But I am sure you know that even if your comment suggests otherwise.

Edit: A good example of this is ... I am sure most of us agree stealing is bad. But we also know that depending on the reason it can be understandable, forgiven, or even be seen as heroic. Never heard of Robin Hood? What about a child who hasn't eaten in days snatching some bread? What about someone stealing from the poor? Do all these situations really look the same to you?

Being logical and rational is when you understand different circumstances typically means viewing something differently. The world isn't black and white where one answer fits all. But I am sure you know that even if your comment suggests otherwise.

That would entail demonstrating that the circumstances were different, not merely stating they were different. Axonis clearly showed consistency between the two scenarios; your opinion did not rebut that.