Is Bethesda Trying to Kill Modding Community?

reskyrim95

Useless updates are getting released one after another for Skyrim. Not only to break the game but also its modding community. And they are releasing multiple mini patches so modders and users can't catch up with them. We need solution. Modding is becoming a headache for users and mod creators.

What is destroying the modding community is the petty, infantile, entitled players. You whine like little school girls and complain loudly about the broken game and all the bugs that got past the vendors QA process and break your game and ruin your immersion, etc, etc, etc, ad nauseam.

You are type of person i usually don't talk with. But wth.. There is no ad nauseam but there is definetly ad hominem in your sentence. Their statement doesn't mean anything to me. Their actions coincide with their words. I am annoyed with these little patches and I think there are many people who think like me. Either way these are my thoughts and you should sit down, respect and take it like a man. #modcheck

It is only an ad hominnem if it directly refers to you. Or it you take it personally, which obviously you did. Hey, if the shoe fits ...

As for taking it like a man, practice your own preaching. Or is anyone who disagrees with your crap going to respond with ad hominems.

And while we are there, Taking a quote out of context is just another way to lie about what someone else said. But, then again, courtesy and respect only seem to apply when you think you should be receiving, and not giving.

So sit down and stop whining.

Edited by ScytheBearer

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Useless updates are getting released one after another for Skyrim. Not only to break the game but also its modding community. And they are releasing multiple mini patches so modders and users can't catch up with them. We need solution. Modding is becoming a headache for users and mod creators.

What is destroying the modding community is the petty, infantile, entitled players. You whine like little school girls and complain loudly about the broken game and all the bugs that got past the vendors QA process and break your game and ruin your immersion, etc, etc, etc, ad nauseam.

You are type of person i usually dont talk with. But wth.. There is no ad nauseam but there is definetly ad hominem in your sentence. Their statement doesn't mean anything to me. Their actions coincide with their words. I am annoyed with these little patches and I think there are many people who think like me. Either way these are my thoughts and you should sit down, respect and take it like a man. #modcheck

Given your weak initial assertions were systematically demolished by showler using facts and logic, you should be the one to sit lie down, and take it like a person who possesses enough self-awareness to modify their opinion when clear and obvious deficiencies are pointed out.

Every time there is something of consequence that occurs in this community there's always a few that predict the demise of the community and usually there's a conspiracy involving Bethesda in there somewhere....

You are type of person i usually dont talk with. But wth.. There is no ad nauseam but there is definetly ad hominem in your sentence. Their statement doesn't mean anything to me. Their actions coincide with their words. I am annoyed with these little patches and I think there are many people who think like me. Either way these are my thoughts and you should sit down, respect and take it like a man. #modcheck

Given your weak initial assertions were systematically demolished by showler using facts and logic, you should be the one to sit lie down, and take it like a person who possesses enough self-awareness to modify their opinion when clear and obvious deficiencies are pointed out.

Every time there is something of consequence that occurs in this community there's always a few that predict the demise of the community and usually there's a conspiracy involving Bethesda in there somewhere....

Debating is not a competition for me. You can not demolish me but you may correct me. Dont tell me my thoughts are invalid instead tell me WHY they are invalid (in a good manner). Then we might debate like humans with your friend

Debating is not a competition for me. You can not demolish me but you may correct me. Dont tell me my thoughts are invalid instead tell me WHY they are invalid (in a good manner). Then we might debate like humans with your friend

You’re clearly a fairly good debater. You’re already demonstrating an impressive capacity for blithely ignoring when your arguments have clearly and compellingly been shown to be devoid of merit and obstinately carrying on as if you’ve still got a leg to stand on.

You also blithely ignore that PC gamers are a minority, PC gamers who use mods are only a percentage of that minority and PC gamers who use mods that are affected by these updates are only a percentage of THAT percentage of that minority. If they need to issue a priority patch for one of the larger platforms, it WILL also be released for the other platforms. Otherwise they end up with multiple versions of the game on different platforms which is a support nightmare.

It is, quite simply, up to you to take steps to protect your game from updates if it will interfere with your chosen mods.

And let's not even get into your idea that some modders updating their mods to the latest released version of the game is a problem.

The patches beth is putting out now aren't bug fixes though. They are to support CC content..... Which has been the case for some time now.

Beth claims they 'support the modding community', yet here they are, cranking out patches left and right, they actually BREAK the mods...... And release Skyrim on GOG? That's nice. But, saying that beth supports modders on one hand, but, never game them a clue this was going to happen, what version it would even be, on the other hand..... doesn't really lend much credence to 'we support modders'...... They remind me of politicians, say what you think they want to hear, then do whatever you want in spite of what you have said.

The patches beth is putting out now aren't bug fixes though. They are to support CC content..... Which has been the case for some time now.

Beth claims they 'support the modding community', yet here they are, cranking out patches left and right, they actually BREAK the mods...... And release Skyrim on GOG? That's nice. But, saying that beth supports modders on one hand, but, never game them a clue this was going to happen, what version it would even be, on the other hand..... doesn't really lend much credence to 'we support modders'...... They remind me of politicians, say what you think they want to hear, then do whatever you want in spite of what you have said.

I agree

CC is part of the game.

For Playstation users it is the only possible way to get these types of mods.

On Xbox and PC it has plenty of users.

Those people need support too.

If you try to make Bethesda choose between supporting the majority of their users, and supporting modding, they WILL actually kill modding.

CC is part of the game.

For Playstation users it is the only possible way to get these types of mods.

On Xbox and PC it has plenty of users.

Those people need support too.

If you try to make Bethesda choose between supporting the majority of their users, and supporting modding, they WILL actually kill modding.

This isn't anything new. It's the same thing they have been doing since before CC content was even a thing. You can defend beth all you want, but, we are not blind, nor stupid. Beth does what is best for Beth. (which really shouldn't come as a surprise) Modders come second, if even that high on the list.

Of course, there IS the fact that consoles represent the bulk of their customers, so, you DO have a point there.... But, Beth was more modder friendly before mods became a thing on consoles as well.....

Literally the only legit complaint against Beth's mod support that I've ever heard is "the new content added by the CC means that patches have been released for a longer period of time than previous Beth games". If that constitutes "trying to kill the modding community" then modders should just give up now, because that's not going to change.

Every other argument seems to end up as "I'm on PC, I don't care about console players. I don't use CC content, I don't care about people who do."