Mods Persist Between Profiles?

TripleBork

So I have set up several profiles and am trying to do different mods for them all, but all the mods are put in one folder (vortex mods\fallout 4) and persist between profiles. Is this meant to happen? They are not enabled between profiles but all the mods showing up as disabled is still very confusing and gets in the way of other mods I need to enable.

I don't understand why for each profile there isn't a different folder for mods, so you don't see them between profiles.
I also don't understand why this would be a bad thing. You don't want the mods from a different profile enabled. I don't know why you would even want to see them.

Vortex is turning out to be a very frustrating experience. It does a lot of things good automatically, yes, but once you need to do some things manually it's awful.

@TripleBork, why does it matter? You enable what you need on a per profile basis. What difference does it make if all profiles draw from the same pool of mods? As showler said, your scenario of separate folders is not efficient and a waste of disk space.

@TripleBork, why does it matter? You enable what you need on a per profile basis. What difference does it make if all profiles draw from the same pool of mods? As showler said, your scenario of separate folders is not efficient and a waste of disk space.

Because sometimes you want to disable some mods in a profile, or enable others. If ALL mods across all profiles are listed in the mods and plugins tab of them all it becomes very confusing. Some collections also require certain versions of some mods, and if you have several different versions of mods all shown at the same time that becomes very confusing.

If there were duplicate mods in other profiles, I'm sure there could be a system in place that allows those to be used instead. Like if you try and install a mod but it exists in another profile it would ask "This mod and version already exists in x profile, would you like to use it from there?". Or you could enable certain mods to be shown across profiles and put in the "main" vortex mods folder. Having them ALL shown at all times is very messy.

Because sometimes you want to disable some mods in a profile, or enable others. If ALL mods across all profiles are listed in the mods and plugins tab of them all it becomes very confusing. Some collections also require certain versions of some mods, and if you have several different versions of mods all shown at the same time that becomes very confusing.

If there were duplicate mods in other profiles, I'm sure there could be a system in place that allows those to be used instead. Like if you try and install a mod but it exists in another profile it would ask "This mod and version already exists in x profile, would you like to use it from there?". Or you could enable certain mods to be shown across profiles and put in the "main" vortex mods folder. Having them ALL shown at all times is very messy.

I actually like this idea..... That said, disk space has gotten dirt cheap. Even solid state drives are getting cheap.... So, the whole 'duplication' thing could be an issue for large files, like textures, etc, but, for the most part, not really a problem.

Guest deleted34304850

How about an option to tick to show mods from other profiles or not?

this is a good idea.

fire up vortex and send this as an idea via vortex feedback, that way the devs will see it and, hopefully, act on it.