Mods Persist Between Profiles?

TripleBork

I do like the idea of a "hide in this profile" option just to clean things up a bit. If you have a profile for a major overhaul, like Fallout Frost for instance, then there will be a lot of mods on your other profiles that aren't compatible. Would help to clean up the screen a bit.

That said, I'd prefer you focus on the more important updates than this unless it turns out to be something trivial to do.

And some of us actually prefer the way it is currently.

I don't want to find myself downloading multiple copies of a mod because it was "hidden" in this profile.

I also like being able to update a mod in all profiles just by updating it once.

These remarks, as well as Zanderat's in an earlier post, express my sentiments as well. I do not find the present arrangement confusing at all. There's an elegant simplicity to the current Vortex profile system in that it can accomplish so much with relatively few moving parts. As a wise English Franciscan once said, "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem."

Edited by AugustaCalidia

And some of us actually prefer the way it is currently.

I don't want to find myself downloading multiple copies of a mod because it was "hidden" in this profile.

I also like being able to update a mod in all profiles just by updating it once.

You wouldn't find yourself downloading multiple copies because if you tried you'd get the same "would you like to download a second copy" warning that you get now.

And you'd still be updating the mod in all profiles by updating it once.

The mod would only be hidden from view in other profiles, it wouldn't actually have multiple copies on your hard drive.

Just because you personally don't have an issue with it doesn't mean no one else does. It can't possibly be super hard to implement a "filter by current profile".

But this mod manager is extremely frustrating to me tbh. Not being able to fully sort manually is messing up a lot of stuff. Sorting with "lock to index" is a bit confusing with it's weird numbers, instead of 1-300 it's 1-99-A1-A9. Very automated but sometimes automation messes up mods and modpacks.

Guest deleted34304850

Just because you personally don't have an issue with it doesn't mean no one else does. It can't possibly be super hard to implement a "filter by current profile".

But this mod manager is extremely frustrating to me tbh. Not being able to fully sort manually is messing up a lot of stuff. Sorting with "lock to index" is a bit confusing with it's weird numbers, instead of 1-300 it's 1-99-A1-A9. Very automated but sometimes automation messes up mods and modpacks.

but you CAN sort manually - and you should really seldom have a use for lock to index. in what circumstance are you being forced to use that feature? i mean just because its there doesn't mean you need to use it.

also - sorting - can you give an example of vortex sorting mods incorrectly and causing issues? evidence over opinion please.