New Forum Feedback

Pickysaurus

Hoping some sort of search function returns to comment forums on mods.  I relied heavily on that whenever I ran into an issue to see if anyone else had posted about it (not everyone uses bugs forums).

Finding game forums for less popular games used to be one click away from the mods page.  But now....   The search box at the top is not effective.  If I type in Dragon Age Inquisition, for example, it just brings up post titles that contain that.  So, unless I'm missing something, I have to scroll down to the bottom and find Game Specific Forums, click on "D", scroll through quite a slew of names to find DAI also at the bottom (or use search box). 

Some games I just quickly checked forums infrequently to see if there was anything new, but honestly, it's just too much rigamarole to be bothered for games not listed in Popular Game Communities, unless I want to add a lot more new bookmarks to my list.

Guest deleted34304850

To message another user, you can mouse over the user's avatar on a forum post and a popup will appear with the option to message that user.

not intuitive at all, but that's how i'd do it.

Edited by 1ae0bfb8

I miss the preview option to ensure that the post was formatted properly.

Also, found out that to achieve what I wanted to be able to do (view only certain forum sections) was to change Content Type to Topic and then select only the desired forum sections.  Then save that into a custom stream.  Still do not understand what stream means in this context, however.

i'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but I'd like the ability to report user profiles/names again. Now that forums and messaging are back, the harrassment has begun again.  This time a disgusting message from a disgusting  named user that made their account 2 hours ago.  Is there also a way to add a time limit to someone's account that they can't send a pvt message or comment until their account is like older than 1min?

After several days of testing, this new looks is a total step backwards. And still so many buttons which hide basic funcationality. Why?

Some older threads can not be found anymore, especially handy onces concerning stuff about the Creation Kit.

Its all to large and bloated for nothingness, im watching (reading) the forums not because i like to see user account images all over the place. If there is only one sentence written the whole post is bloated with users image, and more buttons. This totally and senslessly bloats the whole threads after a few posting. Ultimately, and subliminally this leads to users reading less. Its just cumbersome. Please inject a minimal view UI looks which is equal to the old UI.

The old UI was so much better in comparison.

Not really digging the new clothes and feel of the forum yet... there's a lot to get used to after a long time using the old version.

The Friends missing  is not something I like, but if at least its replacement wasn't called Followers that already a ton of places use or used and moved away after some users complaints about how cringe it was and how it felt too close to Stalkers... but I digress as that wasn't the reason why I decided to post here.

The main reason for this post of mine is to ask if you guys can please fix the link to the last posted message on mobile?

Capturar.JPG.0ecc510ec4cae0d3e22986e4effc416e.JPG

It works fine on desktop but on mobile, it directs me to the first post.

Not an issue if a thread as only a few posts but imagine when it's a thread with a few dozens pages like the first one on this section...

Thank you. 🙂

4 hours ago, wpgfurry said:

i'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but I'd like the ability to report user profiles/names again. Now that forums and messaging are back, the harrassment has begun again.  This time a disgusting message from a disgusting  named user that made their account 2 hours ago.  Is there also a way to add a time limit to someone's account that they can't send a pvt message or comment until their account is like older than 1min?

Sorry to hear you are going through that - I think that may work, even to mitigate some of the spam accounts that have been popping up. Seems to be since the forums reopened, there's been a lot of them lately.

2 hours ago, shawntejade said:

Sorry to hear you are going through that - I think that may work, even to mitigate some of the spam accounts that have been popping up. Seems to be since the forums reopened, there's been a lot of them lately.

Thank you.  I realize i could just turn off pvt messages like i did before the migration, but i've got ongoing tech support with some mod authors i'd end up blocking too and that's just not a viable option anymore.  I get that all forums end up getting bot spam but there's got to be something to do to combat them.  I have noticed the sitebot that's banning accounts, i think that's a good start