New Forum Feedback

Pickysaurus

I don't think it's that complete either.  Ignoring somebody just results in their posts being collapsed into a hidden form when browsing a thread.  You can still see that they posted and even choose to view the post.

Their posts will still show as having been made in any of the feeds and will count as "new content" when the forums mark it.

You just can't ignore someone that completely.  This is no different from the previous version of the forum.

Guest deleted34304850
4 minutes ago, showler said:

I don't think it's that complete either.  Ignoring somebody just results in their posts being collapsed into a hidden form when browsing a thread.  You can still see that they posted and even choose to view the post.

Their posts will still show as having been made in any of the feeds and will count as "new content" when the forums mark it.

You just can't ignore someone that completely.  This is no different from the previous version of the forum.

this was something i thought the activity feed would help with. the nexusbot is a good example of that.

i know the bot is there, but i have no interest in closed accounts or idiots being banned, so i was hoping to be able to use an activity thread to selectively filter out those messages. sadly that doesn't seem to be possible, which is a shame, and, conflating two bugbears - having those messages in a feed in a theme that really does like to use as much screen real estate as possible, does aggrivate my scroll button! 🙂

but it is what it is.

early days and all that and we'll get there soon enough

Best hope is that the Admins can do something server-side to mute that particular user.  On the plus side, if they can, it will be more comprehensive since the ban/account deleted posts all seem to be made by the bot now rather than by the various moderators/staff.

I'd actually (assuming I understand it at all) like to see ALL of the forums put into Communities with us having the option to Join any Community for a game/feature we're interested in and thus having any we didn't join be completely ignored/silent for us.

1 hour ago, LenaWolfBravil said:

Ignoring users doesn't seem to work. I tried to ignore Nexus Site Bot (sorry, Nexus) so as to get rid of all the posts about accounts being deleted. But the posts are still shown, even though I ticked "ignore posts" in the settings. They completely clog the feed.

Ignore users works, but it just shows "You've chosen to ignore content by NAME" then OPTIONS.

I can confirm it's working, in this particular thread.

12 minutes ago, HadToRegister said:

Ignore users works, but it just shows "You've chosen to ignore content by NAME" then OPTIONS.

I can confirm it's working, in this particular thread.

Oh, I think we're talking about slightly different things. I was looking at a Community page, for example Oblivion - the page you get if you come from mods and click Community -> Forums from the top menu. On such a Community page you have topics on the left and feed on the right. That feed includes posts by users that you're ignoring, complete with exerpts. I did not expect that. That feed is also badly clogged by bot messages about deleted user accounts. So I initially tried to ignore the bot hoping that these messages would disappear, but no luck. I then ignored a normal user, and the same thing - their messages still appear in the feed. I didn't check the actual thread though.

17 minutes ago, LenaWolfBravil said:

Oh, I think we're talking about slightly different things. I was looking at a Community page, for example Oblivion - the page you get if you come from mods and click Community -> Forums from the top menu. On such a Community page you have topics on the left and feed on the right. That feed includes posts by users that you're ignoring, complete with exerpts. I did not expect that. That feed is also badly clogged by bot messages about deleted user accounts. So I initially tried to ignore the bot hoping that these messages would disappear, but no luck. I then ignored a normal user, and the same thing - their messages still appear in the feed. I didn't check the actual thread though.

Oh ok, I'm getting confused with all the different things now LOL

Guest deleted34304850
8 hours ago, showler said:

I'd actually (assuming I understand it at all) like to see ALL of the forums put into Communities with us having the option to Join any Community for a game/feature we're interested in and thus having any we didn't join be completely ignored/silent for us.

i agree with this. right now, the game forum is separate from the community and i think that having multiple places to post is going to lead to confusion.

i'd like to see all the posts from a game forum ported over to the community forum so everything is in one place, and the community become exactly that.

maybe that will happen over time.

16 hours ago, HadToRegister said:

What I miss the most, which was an invaluable tool, was being able to search the Comments for MODS in the mod section.
Instead of having to trudge through hundreds of pages of comments on a mod page, I was able to use the "(Now missing) "Search Forum" button and use the Search Box to quickly find any Mod comment that pertained to my search term.

This is especially missed for older games such as Oblivion etc, where I need to search for old comments for a refresher on any quirks with a mod etc.

We'll also be working on introducing a mod comment search in early 2024.

Are the changes getting to be too much?  Went to look for a FNV spoiler and saw that the FNV forums were being migrated to a "club"?   There was a prompt to post on the club page going forward.  When I clicked on the link for the club (looking for my spoiler), it went to a long forum with infinite scrolling and no sub forums.  What was wrong with the game specific forums as they were?  I don't get it.