New Forum Feedback

Pickysaurus

24 minutes ago, Zanderat said:

Are the changes getting to be too much?  Went to look for a FNV spoiler and saw that the FNV forums were being migrated to a "club"?   There was a prompt to post on the club page going forward.  When I clicked on the link for the club (looking for my spoiler), it went to a long forum with infinite scrolling and no sub forums.  What was wrong with the game specific forums as they were?  I don't get it.

*blinks*  I... must not have understood that correctly.  Are you saying that FNV discussion is dumped in with a bunch of other games, all in one room without sub-topics?  Everyone talking over each other on completely different subjects?  At least the Discord has sub-channels.  I suppose this will increase traffic there.  (I may really have misunderstood that.)

24 minutes ago, Zanderat said:

Are the changes getting to be too much?  Went to look for a FNV spoiler and saw that the FNV forums were being migrated to a "club"?   There was a prompt to post on the club page going forward.  When I clicked on the link for the club (looking for my spoiler), it went to a long forum with infinite scrolling and no sub forums.  What was wrong with the game specific forums as they were?  I don't get it.

On the Oblivion page (I assume it's this ''community' thing) I don't even bother with the infinite scroll through posts that seem to have no semblance of organization. Above that there are links (white text on my tablet) that bring me to somewhat familiar ground (somewhat condensed from the 'good old days we'll never see again' but there's Mod Troubleshooting and the Construction Set). Not enough to keep me there more than a moment or two.

There is a silver lining though ... I have more time for playing and tweaking my Oblivion mods.

7 minutes ago, Eolhin said:

*blinks*  I... must not have understood that correctly.  Are you saying that FNV discussion is dumped in with a bunch of other games, all in one room without sub-topics?  Everyone talking over each other on completely different subjects?  At least the Discord has sub-channels.  I suppose this will increase traffic there.  (I may really have misunderstood that.)

It seems each game has a "club".  But, that's it.  No spoiler, tech support, general, etc, subs.  There are buttons at the top of the page for mod ideas and mod troubleshooting and that's it.  No organization whatsoever.

13 minutes ago, Zanderat said:

It seems each game has a "club".  But, that's it.  No spoiler, tech support, general, etc, subs.  There are buttons at the top of the page for mod ideas and mod troubleshooting and that's it.  No organization whatsoever.

Huh.  That is only very slightly better than what I was reading it as.  It could be worse I suppose, they could have dumped all the games in together.  😛  But that means anyone not wanting spoilers has to avoid the entire "club", and can't get troubleshooting help, etc.  Also, very hard to find anything.  Are you sure they aren't just not done building it yet, and the sub-categories are yet to come?

Edit:  Ah, there, see?  Under construction.  The sign must have fallen.  🙂

Edited by Eolhin

29 minutes ago, Eolhin said:

Fallout New Vegas will be located here:
https://forums.nexusmods.com/forum/8902-discussion/

Currently with sub-forums of Discussion, Mod Troubleshooting and Mod Ideas.

16 minutes ago, Demorphic said:

Fallout New Vegas will be located here:
https://forums.nexusmods.com/forum/8902-discussion/

Currently with sub-forums of Discussion, Mod Troubleshooting and Mod Ideas.

I hope adding a spoilers section might be considered.  Yeah, I know, it is old enough that is not the first thought that comes up, but there are always people playing these for the first time, and wanting to set up mods, etc, without having major plot points spoiled.  Fair enough though, I will avoid the forums for anything I haven't played yet.  It isn't like I have time to play much right now anyway (or delve into the new forums, for that matter).

Hey, perhaps you would know...  The mod comments that were originally mirrored on the forums side...  Are those archives coming back anywhere on the forums side?  You see, there were links to certain very complex posts needed for fixing a particularly sticky mod problem.  The posts were very long, and the context of the posts around them was sort of important as well, which is why the directions to solve the problem were a link to that post...  Obviously you can't link to a post on the mod side, at least as far as I know, so the post was linked to on the forum side.  And all that has gone away.  I am sure the original post and thread still exist on the mod comments side, but there is no way to search for it currently.  Even if I find it, I would be stuck with copying large tracts of complex instructions, including several posts up and down the thread from it, and finding some place to post them, but that would still be better than no one being able to find the instructions at all.  That is just one example, as to why I would like to know if the archives of mod comments (up until the separation, I would assume) on the forum side that you can link to will be coming back.  Or the ability to link to comments on the mod side, that would work as well.  I know the search on the mod side is planned, just not here for a while yet.

2 hours ago, Zanderat said:

What are the sub-forums that you would like to see? Ideally a balance of activity, useful content separation, visibility and ease of use.

Some of the old sub-forums had not been used or posted into for some time.

Guest deleted34304850

i am assuming that the new "club" feature is one of the new toys the forum upgrade brings.

when you get time, would it be possible for someone from nexusmods to create a "this is what the clubs feature brings and why we think its cool"?

im all for new features and new ways to do stuff - and i get that there's going to be changes made for the foreseeable as the forums take shape. a little insight into how nexusmods see these new clubs going would, i think, really help to bring everyone together, especially if there is a vision of "community" within the game-specific forums.

44 minutes ago, 1ae0bfb8 said:

i am assuming that the new "club" feature is one of the new toys the forum upgrade brings.

when you get time, would it be possible for someone from nexusmods to create a "this is what the clubs feature brings and why we think its cool"?

im all for new features and new ways to do stuff - and i get that there's going to be changes made for the foreseeable as the forums take shape. a little insight into how nexusmods see these new clubs going would, i think, really help to bring everyone together, especially if there is a vision of "community" within the game-specific forums.

There will be a news post going out over the next couple of days with some more updates and current state of forums / features.