The last poster wins

TheCalliton

:geek: :geek: :geek: :geek:

Nothing wrong with being proud about it, mind. Or simply love to talk about it. Just beware of getting tangled-up in a mindset where you keep ugrading because you read somewhere that this or that part is better, faster or will wash your underwear for you.

No-one will look down on you for having 'but' a 1070 GPU or 'only' 16GB of RAM. And those who do are the stupid ones. We're in an age where differences in framerates or clockspeeds have become things for graphs and charts. Is your 2080ti 15% faster than my Vega64? Who cares when you cap your fps at 60 or/and when that difference is something that cannot be seen with your eyes. Memory at 3200MHz is faster than memory at 2666MHz, sure, but it doesn't matter because those 600MHz extra cannot be seen, only measured by benchmarks, just like frames-per-second or an SSD's transfer speed. Don't stare yourself blind on numbers and look at the visible results. Happy with those? Then leave things as they are.

I run Skyrim SE at an average of 47fps. Lot of folk will laugh at that because according to them it's low. Maybe it is. But I have no visible hamperings or stuttering. Gameplay is as smooth as with people running an average of 100fps. So, tell me why I should get a 2080ti then, eh?

Cracking peas, husking corn, peeling carrots, pulling the stringy ooze full of seeds out of a halloween pumpkin, peeling potatoes, rhubarb...

I ate a can of ranch style beans. I've become sly with age. I know how the family spirits are... and so I chose the can of beans to assure that the cake I was going to eat later had Moms blessings. Eating the beans guaranteed the blessing, "Eat your dinner (ranch style beans) or no dessert."

I could have just eaten the cake without eating the beans, but... The smidgeon of guilt I would have felt isn't worth it. Next time maybe I'll have a slice of Supreme pizza followed by a slice of Tiramisu Cake. :wub: Of course that will be a double guilt trip, because pizza was considered a treat back when it was new around our house. :laugh:

"You can't have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!"

LOL ... now Mud Pie I've heard of so Mississippi Mud Pie wasn't a stretch, but this Bucket of Mud!!

Reminds me a bit of a menu selection at Bubba Gumps down in Daytona ... Bucket o' Boat Trash.

You should cross post this over on Jose's Recipe thread.

Major thing is I remember someone combined a poem about Pudding and Pie with the conclusion ending in. Here's Mud in your eye!

After some research I discovered, amazing facts that could have been meaningful if, that people that couldn't read nor write took words they heard and made meanings out of them of their own so they would remember something important.

So pudding and pie heres mud in your eye, meant to them mixing spit with dirt and making a pie for the eyes of blind or those that can't see to restore their sight. Must have been some really fine grains of dirt, or maybe dust. Or maybe it was the cloudy dry eyed kind of blindness we call Gloucoma with a good moist mud pack it could ease up the dryness from living in the deserts of Persia.

JimmyRJump said :

"No-one will look down on you for having 'but' a 1070 GPU or 'only' 16GB of RAM."

A bit beyond the words of wisdom math , but condensible >>> ~ { :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: } ~ <<<

I'm sure as heck not getting into a "mine is bigger than yours" spec competition. The only one I'd have any chance at is a "mine is older than yours". :laugh: