The last poster wins

TheCalliton

i found a interesting article on Archeology and the different forms of that kind that revolve around science. In some respect archeology is far from.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-sten-odenwald/pseudoscience-great-for-b_b_5610174.html?utm_hp_ref=science

If it doesn't go by what theory's archeology claims it to be, they always mark it as fake or nonsense and never explore it further

Ironically, the more conventional archeologists provide less far-fetched explanations the more they become the "narrow-minded establishment" distrusted in favor of a maverick, underdog. Underdogs, especially charismatic ones, are given the benefit of the doubt if they can come up with a plausible-sounding explanation or simply provide vague-though-intriguing assertions.

My mind works in a scientific ways, one of the claims i call bull whenever i see some of the mainstream claims to fact in which they never proved themselves, or actual proof or artifacts that is suppressed. They never give a full explanation because there isn't one.

Edited by Thor.

Hahaha, the huff post doing an article on pseudoscience. Oh, the irony. What's next? An article about the dangers of news sites being politically biased?

whenever i see some of the mainstream claims to fact in which they never proved themselves, or actual proof or artifacts that is suppressed. They never give a full explanation because there isn't one.

2 words: Money and reputation.

For example;

A team of 10 scientists get funding to do research whether tins cans really are made out of tin. They'll also receive additional funding if they come to they conclusion that tin cans are not made out of tin.

Of those 10 scientist, 9 come to the conclusion that tin cans are actually made out of titanium.

The only remaining scientist comes to the conclusion that tin cans are made out tin.

Next thing he knows, he's cast out of the team for having a different opinion and can forget about even getting funding again. The 9 remaining scientist do get additional funding due to them arriving at the conclusion that tin cans are not made out of tin.

It doesn't matters to those 9 whether their conclusion was actually wrong or not, as long as they aren't cast out for having a different opinion and get paid.

Welcome to modern-day science.

More like a modern day mess is more like it, so much for progress,.

Things need to change..

Also

Lol they already covered that. One thing i can give them credit for is that they seem to be pretty honest, they even had a one on one about how the media is biased against what makes them more money, hype and bad news, and scare tactics.

Anything goes with them, have you seen the weird news as of late :teehee:

Edited by Thor.

That doesn't seem like archeology, digging for gold, fossils, digging up the past. is some what kind of Indiana Jones.. unless i am missing something.

I think what is missing in this dialect we are sharing has a proper recourse.

When you give out such fine selections of your investigative surfing of the Internet I sense you are finding facts of interest to you. While you've seen what you've found on the Internet it appears to inspire you to seek more.

I suspect what is different about me is that I want to go outside and get away from the landlocked computer so I can take my miniature mobile Internet cellular phone, snap shooter, and video camcorder and go explore in real time. I keep finding the fact that I will only get older and more crippled over time sitting around the landlocked computer so why not go out and explore and suffer the effects of growing older while doing treasure hunting in real time. Pardon me but I can't get a license to practice Archaeology. And most of the locals in many cities and towns enjoy the crazy Americans spending their retirement poking their noses into old niches until they actually find something.

Then they call the mayor to give his/her attention and send the happy elderly wanna be Archaeologist back to the hotel, thanking them for bringing to light a real discovery, buy me a couple of drinks, and pay my room tab as consolation. Never more fun and it ends up costing no more than a vacation package if nothing comes of it.

If I find something, after the locals brewed over the discovery with me securely under hotel arrest, I could end up getting my vacation for free and even get some recognition. I might even get thrown into prison and at my age any changes to the way I live is an exciting life.

i found a interesting article on Archeology and the different forms of that kind that revolve around science. In some respect archeology is far from.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-sten-odenwald/pseudoscience-great-for-b_b_5610174.html?utm_hp_ref=science

If it doesn't go by what theory's archeology claims it to be, they always mark it as fake or nonsense and never explore it further

Ironically, the more conventional archeologists provide less far-fetched explanations the more they become the "narrow-minded establishment" distrusted in favor of a maverick, underdog. Underdogs, especially charismatic ones, are given the benefit of the doubt if they can come up with a plausible-sounding explanation or simply provide vague-though-intriguing assertions.

My mind works in a scientific ways, one of the claims i call bull whenever i see some of the mainstream claims to fact in which they never proved themselves, or actual proof or artifacts that is suppressed. They never give a full explanation because there isn't one.

Hypothetical discussion is what the few numbers of highly educated people do. Not to keep the rest of us from ever finding out what has been discovered. They figure out what is and then share it.

Hypothetical discussion on facts found eventually provide theories that eventually prove that the facts provide a puzzle. Once the puzzle pieces form a picture they have theoretically devised has made a connection to the past they build a reproduction and voila' a proof positive discovery is given out with a full description. The Smithsonian is full of the finds.

As the highly educated and licensed to practice doctors of Archaeology find solid evidence forming sound connections so the puzzling parts make sense; we educated, but still sophomore level trained to study types, learn more too.

I'd like to think of myself as a 1st grader in the higher level of graduate studies. I would be just above a kindergartener who is realizing the room is full of a completely new and sometimes strange sets of new toys. Water Colors, Finger painting, building blocks and every known city vehicle and fully disclosed operations of a city. Housing development and oh! My! Road building trucks and cranes, etc..

The link you shared gives up some points of actual sense for modernization of Archaeology. We share what we talk about from all walks of life and voila' another method to make life more enjoyable and less scary.

If it had not been for the Movies with Indiana Jones a number of towns and cities would still be suffering from looters, guerilla factions robbing and hoarding the archaeological finds artifacts. Since the Archaeological movie farce with Indiana Jones gave us all an open mind on the ways of looter's and thugs stealings precious history from small towns, and even villages no bigger than a speck on a map, more sensible practices for the preservation of artifacts, and conservation of life in small communities have fallen in place.

Me! I'm just a lucky guy who found some real stuff. So far though it looks like I am going to grow old and die before anything gets moving on about them so if I were to poetically poke my nose into the real time zone making it impossible 'Not' to follow me for fear of losing what is sacred, just like in the movies when the innocent man is made to prove himself not guilty, I would have to open the pathway shining light on the proof and they would be tailing me the entire time.

I do have a curious personality, if i find something interesting i continue digging up more information.

Yeah! Me Too! I am reluctant to move on with the Ice house and cut the concrete floor without the Preservation Societies approval or presences.

Mainly because of the possibility of the times. That being 1820 to 1840. The way the wild west was run. It might be that someone found a simple use for the old brine tank and than covered it with a layer of lumber and a layer of concrete.

Since the concrete is cracked all the way through and I already have the concrete boring tool and saw blades designed for cutting concrete or bricks, as well as, a camera rig for looking in walls to find electrical wire lines to help pull the wires into place for new electrical sockets... Well! ... You could say I have a desire to poke the long snake with the special camera eye down under into the opening to see what may be there, which nature exposed to open air, before I arrived. What's down there, if anything, might be falling apart into pieces and leave nothing but unreconstructable remains.

Or I might find a useful space to put a working pit so I can stand up under my car to work on it.

Me and my brother did some funny stuff on Mario Kart today. We were playing online battle mode, and we'd get the best items and then go to a defensible position and wait for other players to come. It was especially funny because a lot of the people were really competitive, while we were just doing stupid stuff the whole time. Once you run out of balloons (health) in that mode, you become invisible and you can still use basic items like bananas and shells, so most of the time when we got attacked in our spots, it was due to an assassin sneaking up to us and then shooting a shell. There was this other guy called Rafael who was trying to set up hide-spots next to us, but he kept accidentally running into our weaponry and killing himself. :tongue:

Other times we would set up ambushes and wait for people to go past, then fly out and destroy them. Good old random fun. We didn't even care about the scoring or anything - as long as people thought we were spastics, it was enjoyable enough for us. :smile:

And happy birthday, Ivan. I hope you had a good day. :smile:

Edited by billyro

Rain. Thunderstorms. I hate rain and thunderstorms. But weather forecast says Zadar will be having rain and thunderstorms all week, beginning with the storm that cut power to half the city last night.

That weather forecast also pretty much sums up this entire summer - rain and thunderstorms. I hate this summer. If any of you intended to go on a summer vacation in Croatia, don't, unless you like rain, clouds and bolts of lightning. :dry:

I like rain. It's a good excuse to not go outside.

The best weather is the bit right before a storm, when the sky darkens and it gets slightly windy, but there's no rain yet. Everything cools down. Feels nice.