Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

Ok, I'm not seeing any related errors in the papyrus log.

Thought I'd try it on a clean game with no mods. Oddly enough, the quest doesn't even register in the game. Talking to bendu doesn't setstage 10, and the quest isn't even showing the console to set it manually.

Idk what I did to mess this up so bad, but I think I need to start over and go through the tutorial again. I could have done that

twice by now with all of the trouble shooting I've been doing :confused:

Sometimes it needs to be done. Can you just show me the dialogue fragment for Bendu's setstage first though?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but this is the fragment that sets the stage to 10

"Oh, thank you so much. It's been taken to Reachwind Eyrie. Please hurry! I'll give you twice what it's worth!"

GetOwningQuest().SetObjectiveDisplayed(10)
GetOwningQuest().SetStage(10)

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but this is the fragment that sets the stage to 10

"Oh, thank you so much. It's been taken to Reachwind Eyrie. Please hurry! I'll give you twice what it's worth!"

You have the SEQ file, I'm assuming? Also, you don't need the SetObjectiveDisplayed in the dialogue fragment. Put it in the quest stage fragment for stage 10.

I don't know what could be wrong... Huh. I just had a similar issue - it all seemed right, but it wasn't working. I'm afraid I can't help you with this one. Sorry.

You have the SEQ file, I'm assuming? Also, you don't need the SetObjectiveDisplayed in the dialogue fragment. Put it in the quest stage fragment for stage 10.

I don't know what could be wrong... Huh. I just had a similar issue - it all seemed right, but it wasn't working. I'm afraid I can't help you with this one. Sorry.

Ok, that makes sense. I was just following what the tutorial said to do here:

http://www.creationkit.com/images/6/62/ScriptedDialogue.png

I meant to post this too, but for reason it got deleted. It is the papyrus fragments for stage 10 under quest stage. It doesn't work to enable the thief alias though:

SetObjectiveDisplayed(10)

Alias_Thief.GetReference().Enable()

DungeonMarkre.AddToMap()
I bet this is all caused by something stupid. Like when I made my first bookshelf, it didn't work and I remade it 5 times and spent hours troubleshooting until I figured out that I had to leave and re-enter the cell to get it to work.

Ok, that makes sense. I was just following what the tutorial said to do here:

http://www.creationkit.com/images/6/62/ScriptedDialogue.png

I meant to post this too, but for reason it got deleted. It is the papyrus fragments for stage 10 under quest stage. It doesn't work to enable the thief alias though:

SetObjectiveDisplayed(10)

Alias_Thief.GetReference().Enable()

DungeonMarkre.AddToMap()
I bet this is all caused by something stupid. Like when I made my first bookshelf, it didn't work and I remade it 5 times and spent hours troubleshooting until I figured out that I had to leave and re-enter the cell to get it to work.

No idea why that wouldn't work. I've used identical scripts many times. Just make sure you have the SEQ and are using a new game.

I have a deer mesh with the eyes out of place and i want to get rid of them. Already painted eyes on the body texture and it looks good.

I've tried to remove their branch but now my deer is invisible in game..

I'm also thinking to hide them with alpha, but i dont know how to add the nialphaprop correctly. How do i do that?

Ok, second time around was a success. Not a single issue. I'm a little concerned because it I don't know why things were so messed up the last time around. I'm pretty sure my aliases were somehow not functioning correctly. I couldn't even get the quest item check box to work on the amulet so I couldn't drop it. Weird.

Whatever the case, things seem to work alright now so I'm going to get back to my mod.

Well, I figured out how to simulate the effects of a duel simply, and with the least amount of scripting. As promised, here they are:

GetOwningQuest().SetObjectiveDisplayed(67)
GetOwningQuest().SetStage(67)
akSpeaker.SetActorValue("aggression", 3)
Utility.Wait(60.0)
akSpeaker.SetAV("aggression", 0)
akSpeaker.Disable()
akSpeaker.Enable()

Ok, second time around was a success. Not a single issue. I'm a little concerned because it I don't know why things were so messed up the last time around. I'm pretty sure my aliases were somehow not functioning correctly. I couldn't even get the quest item check box to work on the amulet so I couldn't drop it. Weird.

Whatever the case, things seem to work alright now so I'm going to get back to my mod.

Great :smile:. Once you finish it, if you decide to upload it, could you link me to it? I'd be interested to see what you've done.

Well, I figured out how to simulate the effects of a duel simply, and with the least amount of scripting. As promised, here they are:

GetOwningQuest().SetObjectiveDisplayed(67)

GetOwningQuest().SetStage(67)

akSpeaker.SetActorValue("aggression", 3)

Utility.Wait(60.0)

akSpeaker.SetAV("aggression", 0)

akSpeaker.Disable()

akSpeaker.Enable()

Quick question: Why is the wait 60? Is that simply how long the actor fights? And is the actor essential?