Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@LadyCrystyna

The game came out in 2011. It is 2018. It has since been released with a legendary edition that contains ALL DLC as well as a Special Edition for 64 bit OS systems with ALL DLC. Even I have to admit that as much as it is nice to have the flexibility to run a mod with or without DLC without having to install a different version of the mod, it is better served to pick one instance of the game and stick with it.

If you want DLC like stuff in the base game, create NEW items based on but not copied from the DLC items.

If you want to support DLC, create a separate plugin that uses the DLC items.

It is a nightmare trying to account for all sorts of variations of the game. Better to create a good polished product for one setup than something that struggles to be mediocre for all setups.

Just my two cents.

Should you continue to work on multi-combination support in a single plugin, I wish you the best of luck.

@LadyCrystyna

The game came out in 2011. It is 2018. It has since been released with a legendary edition that contains ALL DLC as well as a Special Edition for 64 bit OS systems with ALL DLC. Even I have to admit that as much as it is nice to have the flexibility to run a mod with or without DLC without having to install a different version of the mod, it is better served to pick one instance of the game and stick with it.

If you want DLC like stuff in the base game, create NEW items based on but not copied from the DLC items.

It is a nightmare trying to account for all sorts of variations of the game. Better to create a good polished product for one setup than something that struggles to be mediocre for all setups.

Just my two cents.

Should you continue to work on multi-combination support in a single plugin, I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks for the advice, I'll go ahead and start working on the DLC version. I don't know how to do meshes from scratch, I did figure out how to retexture though.

@LadyCrystyna

Just my two cents.

Thanks for the advice, I'll go ahead and start working on the DLC version. I don't know how to do meshes from scratch, I did figure out how to retexture though.

Just use stock meshes and retexture them for the base game. For a DLC version you can use retextured DLC and / or stock meshes. You can also find assets for use here on the Nexus. Some are open for use and others require permission. It certainly doesn't hurt to take a look and ask where necessary.

Looking for a mod, not sure if it exists. Been away a few years.

Is there a way to have a group of followers, and be able to switch bodies/stats with them? What I want is to have a warrior, a mage, a thief, etc but not have to replay the game several time. Just switch off at the home base, and have the accompanying levels, and abilities switch as well.

Looks like alternate actors might do this? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36047 Can anyone confirm that it also changes your skills, spells etc?

Edited by shadowchao

If you are also using a mod manager with profile features it is possible that there is a separate set of INI files specific to each profile. I know this is the case for Mod Organizer. I am unsure of any of the other mod managers out there.

If you are not launching through a mod manager make sure that you deleted the correct INI files. This would be the ones found under your Documents folder rather than the ones within the game directory itself. If you deleted the ones in the game directory, you'll need to verify your game cache and have Steam restore them first before you can have the INI files re-created.

• 2 weeks later...

(if possible) How and where do i change the % of health at which npcs start healing themselves ? curently they start casting self heals at about 25%, they cast more or less 3 spells and heal themselves up to about 60% then resume fighting

i want them to start casting healing spells when they drop below 60% because at 25% it's usually too late

• 1 month later...

I'm working on a skill and perk tree overhaul mod, and I have one quick question: how do I change what action(s) cause a skill to level up?

For context, if needed, I want to add a hand-to-hand combat skill, to do so I am going to use the 'Block' tree; I'll be adding the blocking perks to the armor (and maybe weapons) trees, which frees up the 'Block' tree for a new skill. I've already removed all of the old perks, created a few for hand-to-hand combat, added the new perks to the tree, renamed it, added my own description, etc. but what I can't figure out is how to make it so the player will receive XP and level up in that skill for engaging in unarmed combat instead of blocking. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, everyone! :)