⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

If the quest is your own custom quest, then use the script fragment there on stage 35 to enable an xMarker which is linked to the items you want to appear and the items you want to disappear as an enable parent.

Prefect... it is my quest... so what your saying is in the script where I "setstage 35" moving the quest stage up, I would refer to the xMarker ID and enable it that way, there by enabling or disabling the items as I need to. I shall try it out today.

Thank you so much

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My game keeps crashing, how can I know what is causing this?

Usually, but not always, a Crash To Desktop (CTD) is caused by a bad mod or a mod conflict. So you can try to remove/uninstall the last mod you added. If you have not added any mods in a while and your games was fine before look for the last thing you changed in your PC. This is just a starting point, load order and updates are another possible cause.

Is it possible to use the NPC appearance of, say https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/15032

To replace the appearance of an NPC from a mod like, say https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32583

If so, how? I can't seem to get support for this question

Technically it is possible. You'd need to locate the meshes and textures used by the mod whose appearance you want. You then need to locate the same for the one whose appearance you want to replace. Copy the files from the one to the other and rename where necessary. Support from either author usually isn't given to anyone who does this sort of thing. But then those that do typically know what they are doing and do not need the support.

But beyond that most basic principle, I have no idea as this isn't something that I have done before.

Yeah I figured as much, I can probably locate the meshes and textures but other than that, no idea. Maybe I'd need to pack them into the mod with the replaced NPC appearance, and then use something like https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/8764 ? Doubt it, guess I'll try it. Thanks for the help anyway! If anyone knows more, I'm all ears :P

So I can't get the draugr to come out of the coffin on time. What I am wanting is what you see in other crypts... player walks through triggerbox, lid and dust fly off the coffin and Draugr climbs out (coffin is horizontal).

I have things setup trigger box, xmarker, Priestcoffinmarker, NorSarocphics top admin and lvldraugrambushmissle (the green M). What happens is player hits the trigger the draugr comes out, THEN the lid pops off with dust a out 3 sec later. I have gone over all the setting in Active Parent, Enable Parent, Link ref and Link from.

So my problem is having the draugr appear to come out of the coffin before the lid is blow off. I do have the delay under Active Parent tab set to 0.50 (and have tried other amounts 1.00, 0.90) nothing changes as far as I can see.

What I am hoping for is someone that knows of a tut for this, a video on how to set this up would be wonderful. I did try the traplinker but that just stop everything from working.

So I can't get the draugr to come out of the coffin on time. What I am wanting is what you see in other crypts... player walks through triggerbox, lid and dust fly off the coffin and Draugr climbs out (coffin is horizontal).

I have things setup trigger box, xmarker, Priestcoffinmarker, NorSarocphics top admin and lvldraugrambushmissle (the green M). What happens is player hits the trigger the draugr comes out, THEN the lid pops off with dust a out 3 sec later. I have gone over all the setting in Active Parent, Enable Parent, Link ref and Link from.

So my problem is having the draugr appear to come out of the coffin before the lid is blow off. I do have the delay under Active Parent tab set to 0.50 (and have tried other amounts 1.00, 0.90) nothing changes as far as I can see.

What I am hoping for is someone that knows of a tut for this, a video on how to set this up would be wonderful. I did try the traplinker but that just stop everything from working.

Thinking outside the box, how about a second xMarker? One that triggers the coffin lid and related fx and the other to wake up the draugr. Use a wait time in between enabling the two xmarkers to tweak it so that the lid blows off before the draugr wakes up.