Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

So I can't get the draugr to come out of the coffin on time. What I am wanting is what you see in other crypts... player walks through triggerbox, lid and dust fly off the coffin and Draugr climbs out (coffin is horizontal).

I have things setup trigger box, xmarker, Priestcoffinmarker, NorSarocphics top admin and lvldraugrambushmissle (the green M). What happens is player hits the trigger the draugr comes out, THEN the lid pops off with dust a out 3 sec later. I have gone over all the setting in Active Parent, Enable Parent, Link ref and Link from.

So my problem is having the draugr appear to come out of the coffin before the lid is blow off. I do have the delay under Active Parent tab set to 0.50 (and have tried other amounts 1.00, 0.90) nothing changes as far as I can see.

What I am hoping for is someone that knows of a tut for this, a video on how to set this up would be wonderful. I did try the traplinker but that just stop everything from working.

Thinking outside the box, how about a second xMarker? One that triggers the coffin lid and related fx and the other to wake up the draugr. Use a wait time in between enabling the two xmarkers to tweak it so that the lid blows off before the draugr wakes up.

That's a great idea, I know, because I thought that too. But when I do it that way, the draugr shows up before the trigger and is standing where the Green M is . It seems if the druagr is not triggered and linked to the coffin which is linked to the lid animation, then the druagr just stands there where ever the green M marker is, triggered not.

But I may play around with it more...

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe double check some of the stock setups for this type of thing. Maybe there is something missing? I don't know. Never did this type of thing before.

Hey Thanks You have always been helpful in here :happy:. I did find this https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Bethesda_Tutorial_Traps_and_Prefabs

But it appears to have the same issue Draugr stand there. But at least I learned about copy paste of items from one cell to another. I'll keep trying.

so I figured out a work around. I used the up right coffins Vert and stuck the CreatureMarker (Green M) inside the coffin, they still spawn in side the coffin, but can't come out until lid is popped off.

How would I...

I have it where player will be coming down the stairs, there a 90 deg turn into a room. I have NPC in the room... How would I have it so that the player while still on the stairs hears two lines from the NPC before NPC attacks player?

Like right before you enter a room you hear people talking inside... that's the effect I am looking for. I thought I could use defaultCommentTRIG but can't figure it out

Probably need to create a scene and have it triggered via a trigger volume box placed around where you want it to be heard. If you find that there is a bit of delay in the start, move the trigger box a bit further away.

Never done it so that is just speculation on my part.

Probably need to create a scene and have it triggered via a trigger volume box placed around where you want it to be heard. If you find that there is a bit of delay in the start, move the trigger box a bit further away.

yea I have never worked with scene's either. I think I remember someone making a vid tut using scene script... nothing is ever easy.

Hey IsharaMeradin,

How do I add quest markers? I did it once but it's not working or I am doing something wrong. This mod I am wanting to make it a little clearer where to go next and better notes in the journal. Is it map Markers?