Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

Does anyone know how to reload actors textures in papyrus?

i'm trying to change the players textures on specific conditions, i have the texture swap figured out, but skyrim does not load new textures without "resetting" the actor.

SetRace works but is a little too clunky.

Never mind, i found it, it's "QueueNinodeUpdate"

Edited by Arvaaperekele

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

allright, another question.

QueueNiNodeUpdate wrecks havoc on skyrim's havoc engine, if used when the player is mounted.

what would be the best way, in script, to wait on a function to execute, for the player dismount.

registering for update might work, but if i understand correctly the script might be running for god knows how long the player decides to stay on the horse.

so any neat and clean solutions?

allright, another question.

QueueNiNodeUpdate wrecks havoc on skyrim's havoc engine, if used when the player is mounted.

what would be the best way, in script, to wait on a function to execute, for the player dismount.

registering for update might work, but if i understand correctly the script might be running for god knows how long the player decides to stay on the horse.

so any neat and clean solutions?

Not knowing how you have your code done, there is IsOnMount that you could use to check if the player is mounted before making your changes. If they are mounted, register for the player's Activate key. When the key is pressed, check to see if the player is mounted and if not do your changes then. It may be necessary to have a small wait before checking if the player is mounted. No idea if the game reports as mounted during the dismount animation or not.

@Arvaaperekele

You could also use OnPlayerCameraState to trigger when the player is dismounting a horse.

Example

Event OnInit()
   RegisterForCameraState()
EndEvent

Event OnPlayerCameraState(int oldState, int newState)
   if (oldState == 10 && newState != 10)
      ; player is dismounting
   endif
EndEvent

• 2 weeks later...

Have any important/major civil war mods been removed from Nexus? I'm trying to find the civil war mods i used a few years ago and I can't see them on here. I think it might've been the civil war overhaul or something like that

Civil War Overhaul for Skyrim LE

Civil War Overhaul - Redux for Skyrim SE

If neither of those is what you are looking for, you can access your download history to see which ones you previously downloaded (if downloaded from the Nexus while logged in). Just access any mod page for the game in question (either Skyrim or Skyrim Special Edition), select Mods at the top and select Download History in the drop down menu.

Is there any way to actually show message boxes while the player is in the stats menu? When I open the box in the menu without a utility.wait() at all, I can get the message boxes to show up over a black screen before showing the stats menu. When I do use utility.wait(), they only show up after the menu is closed. Is it possible to show them while the menu is open?