Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello again,

Question 1: I want some weapons to have Gold as material but "WeapMaterialGold" is not in the keywords list and it seems there is no way to create a own keyword. Is this even possible to do?

Question 2: My gold weapons are heavy. I would like to give them more damage at the cost of speed. Like instead of 1,0000 my speed would be 0,6000. Is there any downside, technicaly?

Answer 1: Yes, I know gold is not a good material for a sword! :P

You can create new keywords in the Creation Kit (more info - video). But for purposes of crafting you might need to utilize an existing keyword too. That said, there is a way to customize a crafting category (https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Customizing_Crafting_Categories). Some mods do this so there could be conflict.

As far as #2, the only downside might be balance. And that is something you'd just have to fiddle with till you are satisfied with the behavior.

Hello Ishara, :)

maybe you can tell me (how to add an only visual magic effect on a chest, (like from an enchanted weapon). Using Nifskope, changing textures wouldn't be a problem (if i would know what to change) or could i add this effect to the mesh in CK?

Hello Ishara, :smile:

maybe you can tell me (how to add an only visual magic effect on a chest, (like from an enchanted weapon). Using Nifskope, changing textures wouldn't be a problem (if i would know what to change) or could i add this effect to the mesh in CK?

Sorry, that is something that I do not know how to do.

Hey guys,

Quick question, hopefully a quick answer.

I bought Skyrim from Steam maybe a year or two ago, it came with DLC's (Dawnguard etc.) and I always assumed it was the SE, but apparently it isn't? (According to my .exe file)
Any ideas why that would be? I believe I once had the Unofficial mod to fix bugs installed last time via a different mod manager, but Vortex tells me that I have the wrong game.

I have no idea, first time modder.

Cheers

@JPTRI you can use a script to play an effect shader on an object. Something like this:

Scriptname TM_ObjectRefScript extends ObjectReference 

EffectShader Property MyEffect Auto 

Event OnInit() 
    If Self.Is3DLoaded()
        MyEffect.Play(Self) 
    Endif
EndEvent

Event OnLoad() 
    MyEffect.Play(Self)
EndEvent

You can also do the same with Visual Effects:

https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Play_-_EffectShader

https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Play_-_VisualEffect

Thank you dylbill, this would be very confortable if it works that way. I will try that out.

@Ishara

That was unexpected!

Edited by JPTR1