Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw an interesting thing in the mods to download

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31151/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D31151&pUp=1

I wanted to be able to do the same kind of thing myself, improving my skills with the CK and scripting (though there couldn't be much to this one, surely).

For some reason, whenever I compile my script it fails. I go to my FavorJobsGatherEggsBranch, and the Topic Info, and under the 'end' section I type "(GetOwningQuest() as FavorJobsGatherWheatScript).SellBirdEgg03(akSpeaker)", then click compile.

Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...
Compiling "TIF__0A07F302"...
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\temp\TIF__0A07F302.psc(9,18): cannot convert to unknown type favorjobsgatherwheatscript
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\temp\TIF__0A07F302.psc(9,18): cannot cast a quest to a favorjobsgatherwheatscript, types are incompatible
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\temp\TIF__0A07F302.psc(9,49): favorjobsgatherwheatscript is not a known user-defined type
No output generated for TIF__0A07F302, compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Failed on TIF__0A07F302

I have already edited the favorjobsgatherwheat script, I added the line (with the rest of the properties)

Ingredient Property Birdegg03 Auto

and then above the rest of the, fragments functions:

Function SellBirdEgg03(Actor Foreman)

;Count the amount of birdegg03 the player has
PlayerCropCount = Game.GetPlayer().GetItemCount(BirdEgg03)

;Make the Foreman the player's friend
If Foreman.GetRelationshipRank(Game.GetPlayer()) == 0
Foreman.SetRelationshipRank(Game.GetPlayer(), 1)
EndIf

;Calculate the amount of gold to give the player
PlayerGoldReward = (PlayerCropCount * (BirdEgg03.GetGoldValue()))

Game.GetPlayer().RemoveItem(BirdEgg03, PlayerCropCount)
Game.GetPlayer().AddItem(pGold, PlayerGoldReward)

EndFunction

Initially I placed it right at the bottom, but the other modder had it at the top, so I tried it that way too, but it fails. The first time when the addition was at the bottom, when I tried to sell eggs in-game, nothing happened. The dialog was there, and the NPC responded, but the egg was not removed, and no gold was received. What am I missing?

Edited by Ellorienne

I'm looking for a mod that enables an expanded relationships with NPCs / Follower (could even be a complete follower mod) that is relatively complex / meaningful. I know that Vilja exists but I just can't jive with her voice acting (not say her VA is bad, I just don't prefer it). Anyone got any ideas?

I even tried creating the fragment, too, but it is still not working. The name of which script is wrong? It's all copy/pasted from the original, only replacing the word 'wheat' or 'gourd' or 'cabbage' with 'birdegg03'.

* In the scripts tab on the quest it also refuses to add ''BirdEgg03" as a property, too.

Am I missing a vital step somewhere? Do I need to compile the edited favorjobsgatherwheatscript?

OK, answered my own question. I have it working now. I haven't had to compile a script yet, so I was missing that bit. I couldn't get Notepad++ to compile. Every time I tried it did nothing, no matter what I put in the compiler bat file. But I realised the mod came with a .pex file, and that meant that I had to compile it. So I compiled it inside the CK and it all works sweet now.

Edited by Ellorienne

How many hairstyle i can put in skyrim?

and

I just want mix different texture but i don't have the method.

How i can do?

You can make as many hairstyles as you want playable in CreationKit, I know this because I've had a mod feature implemented lately that needed new hair styles.

I can't help you with that, I don't know how to mix textures or whatever you're trying to accomplish.