⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

New Vegas Mod Detectives

myrmaad

MONELL0, on 21 Feb 2023 - 11:20 PM, said:

Hi all, I have a question about the existence of some FNV mods, which for the first time I've seen available for Skyrim, here on Nexus.
1) AddItemMenu - Ultimate Mod Explorer
-A while ago I downloaded a very useful Skyrim mod, more for users than for modders.
This mod at the time worked via a keyboard shortcut, if pressed it created an active window on the user interface, a kind of clickable menu, where all the mods you downloaded were located, mods that contained items, armor, weapons, and in case of skyrim also spells.
Through this interface you could click on the mod you had in the list and all the items of that mod were added to your inventory.
It has been very useful for testing mods that you decide to download, as well as for testing mods that you create yourself.
It was very convenient, because when creating your mod it saves you having to manually place the objects in the game world and in the cells/containers/inventories/etc.
2) Proteus
-The other useful mod I would like to talk about is Proteus.
Proteus is a Skyrim mod that allowed you to customize your followers in many ways, but its specialty was the ability to make you change the aesthetics of a follower, if I remember correctly by calling up the RaceMenu. You could play a lot in aesthetic customization.
This was also useful in saving time creating and editing characters, because it saved you from using the CreationKit (or GECK in the case of FNV).
3) Cheat Room
-There was also another mod that could help do the same thing as Proteus, Cheat Room. This mod teleports you to a room where you can modify every parameter of the character, such as the stats but also the size of the character's body, as well as access the RaceMenu to do many things, including creating a copy of your appearance (as with the Proteus mod), which you could easily "paste" on your follower. Very comfortable and fast, no CK or GECK.
I'd like to know if there are any FNV mods that do these things.
Thank you.

The equivalent of the first one would be the Item Browser by Tomminfinite, he put all his mods here https://mega.nz/folder/JVF0QDAQ#y-OCEQ0mvYf15zyFABiwvw It requires NVSE and possibly some other things but I can't remember what they are, it'll probably tell you when you start the game.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to figure out what mod an NPC and his home belong to. I'm pretty sure it's one of the older giant mods like NVInteriors, Mission Mojave, Simply Uncut, New Vegas Restoration, etc.

Directly north of the North Freeside Gate (and only a few seconds of walking away from it) is a Mojave Express building. Attached to that building is a smaller building with a fenced gate. Going through it and into the door just behind the gate, you end up in a cell called Hunter's Place. Opening the door at the top of the stairs, you're greeted with a bottlecap mine, a neat little living room, and a very angry man in reinforced combat armor named Kyle Hunter, wielding a 5.56mm pistol. There's a door leading to a kitchen area, which is where Kyle initially is, and a locked door leading to a small room containing all manner of high-value supplies, weapons, armor, and meds/drugs.

What mod is he from?? There are old videos on Youtube of people going through that place, so it's relatively well-known I'd like to think, but for the life of me I can't figure out what mod he's from.

• 1 month later...

I am trying to find a mod for Fallout New Vegas that toggles on and off “FreezeTime” from the JIP LN NVSE Plugin. I found a similar mod for Fallout 3 that uses AP to do so.

(https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/24380)

If anyone knows how to make a toggle script that sets the toggle-hotkey to “X” for the JIP console command, “FreezeTime”, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thankies in advance! :D

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Trying to find a mod that doesn't seem to be up anymore, called something like 'Print Ads of the Mojave'? Basically was post-apocalypse print ads for Gun Runners and the Crimson Caravan, placed in certain locations like near the Gun Runners stall and other places. Was some great flavor and world-building used in conjunction with stuff like adobe buildings and such. Don't know when it vanished or why, but I'd love to find it again. Anyone know it?

Also looking for a mod for JIP Companions Command and Control that gave the vanilla companions vanilla/pip-boy style icons.

Trying to find a mod that doesn't seem to be up anymore, called something like 'Print Ads of the Mojave'? Basically was post-apocalypse print ads for Gun Runners and the Crimson Caravan, placed in certain locations like near the Gun Runners stall and other places. Was some great flavor and world-building used in conjunction with stuff like adobe buildings and such. Don't know when it vanished or why, but I'd love to find it again. Anyone know it?

Also looking for a mod for JIP Companions Command and Control that gave the vanilla companions vanilla/pip-boy style icons.

Perk Styled JIP Icons

• 3 months later...