Day Dreams of a Spaced out Old Man

Deleted54170User

Sorry about the delay. I have good news and bad news.

What?

Bad news first. Somehow when the dragon was sent into the time tunnel there opened another portal at your end. The dragon is from one thousand years in the past. The time tunnel opened another portal in the future one thousand years ahead of the present time. You were in the right place at the wrong time when it opened. This may be a good thing since the body you're in isn't yours.

Where's mine?!

You were separated from it the moment you were hit. Apparently your soul was knocked loose when you were hit by the girl on the bicycle and knocked you out. The rift drew your soul into the time tunnel.

So what's the good news!

I found your body. You were in a hospital all this time. You suffered minor injuries when the girl on a bicycle ran into you. You've been unconscious since the incident. I've found a way to get you back to your own time since you have no real connection to this time. The dragon soul and yours were teleported to this time. The body you're in is a host. Your body is still back in your own time. The effect is known as soul separation.

Are you talking about transcendental meditation?

So, it seems. Yes. Stand up! Face north.

Will I have any memory of this!

It will be like a dream when you wake up. You might remember? It will be like a dream and you'll likely feel more like avoiding getting hit by the girl on the bicycle on the sidewalk where you'll come too. You may still and end up in the hospital. Are you facing north?

But what about the affair with the girl here in this time?

The body isn't yours. The body will remain. It would be interesting to know if he remembers her when he recovers from the shock.

Are you facing north, now?

Yes!

Say good night Gracie!

What???

• 2 weeks later...
As Cecil walked along the road on patrol he pondered his cousin getting duty to fight dragons. It occurred to him that his cousin might even be fighting alongside the dragon born. He stared at the ground. His torch barely lighted his armored boots. He raised his eyes. Looked ahead. A person was just becoming visible at the gate walking toward the torches outside it. Cecil half expected the man approaching outside the gate to be a traveler. I hope it's not a victim of a vampire? His eyes grew accustomed to where he looked. Dragon Born!

Switching around to see anyone the traveler saw no one behind him.

As they drew closer to each other Cecil looked at him. I was just thinking about you. I am proud to be in your company.

The man stopped walking. Are you talking to me?

Yes! Dragon Born. It's you!

I don't know what you're talking about. My name is... A look of bewilderment appeared on his face. He raised his hands palms up and stared at them. I am. I can't remember my name! It's...

Cecil stared at him a moment. You look like the dragon born. Cecil considered that he might be mistaken. He hoped he was wrong. He shook off the thought and focused. There's an inn just there. He pointed at the sign outside it. The Sleeping Giant sign gently swung on it's hinges. I suggest you get some food and rest.

Yes! The man searched himself for a purse. He found a pouch. Opened it. Seeing gold coins shimmer in Cecil's torch light. Yes! I think that's a good idea.

Cecil walked alongside him until they reached the inn. There's a healer in Whiterun if you feel you need one. Have you got enough gold for a room?

The man squeezed the pouch. I think so!

I'll inform the guard who comes on, on day watch to assist you. Cecil watched as the traveler walked up the stairs to the door. Waiting until he was inside. I sure hope that's the dragon born.

The traveler walked toward the fire to warm himself.

The inn keeper saw him. Without thinking he assumed the traveler was dragon born, since he had seen him so many times. Would you like to rent a room?

Yes!

Can I offer you some food and something to drink.

Some mead. Bread. Roasted rabbit.

The inn keeper could see he was tired. Almost too tired to stand up much longer. He put the food and mead on the counter. That'll be 16 Gold.

The traveler placed the coins down. Took the purchases. Thanks. Which room?

I'll show you.

They walked to the second room on the right. If you need anything else just give me a holler.

The traveler nodded his head. Walked into the room, sat down on the chair, and began to eat. As the mead washed down the roasted rabbit and bread chasing it to his stomach he leaned toward the bed. I am so tired! He stood up and moved onto it. A breezed filled the room through his room's open door. He stopped to get up to close it, but sank into the bed.

The door to the inn let the new arrivals in. Both the women looked around at the remaining customers and the Inn Keeper.

He saw them as they approached. Lydia led the way. He looked at her and then recognized Daegon. He just went to bed. He's in that room. Pointing at it.

Tired from their journey the bit of excitement knowing he was there too Daegon dashed to the room. Lydia thanked him. Tired too she walked as she followed Daegon. Daegon sat down on the side of the bed. He stirred but didn't awaken. Daegon's worries faded and her own exhaustion gave way. Lydia saw her slump down next to him. Turned. Walked out of the room closing the door behind her.

Lydia looked a the inn keeper. Is there another bed available.

He pointed to the one available. Goodnight!

Daegon! He paused a moment. Shock and excitement merged in his emotions. I'm talking. I'm really talking! He moved his hands, touched his face and lips. He turned to Daegon. Hugged her tight. All this time. I've been under some kind of spell.

Oh! Paga you're alright

It's really me now!

What do you mean? Daegon's voice cracked.

I was collecting herbs. I stopped and took a nap. I suddenly felt a force like a gust of wind. When it stopped I was transfixed.

It's all been like a dream! I could see everything, and except for our times holding each other I felt like I had no more control. Watching, wishing I could speak, trying every chance I could. I was unable to move my body. When my body embraced you I had feelings, my soul united with you. All the rest of time I felt like someone else was in control of my body. Even so, I saw as everything happened. I kept trying to reason with the body. At times I thought I had control. The first time I managed to control myself for a moment when I tried to kiss. It worked. I felt the strongest link to you.

But only while we held each other. Afterward, I thought what I wanted to say, but I was always a second or two too late. The feeling that someone returned and took complete control stopped me before I could say the words to you.

Daegon are you alright. Did you get my message in time? I wrote it and sent it. That was the one time I had full control. I saw you in a vision while my body was asleep. You must not go into your Fathers realm and linger there without a spell to protect you. Did you get my message?

Yes! I did.

As they hugged he thought about telling her his name. He thought about it. I know I'll work it as a pet name. She'll get used to it as we continue. Oh! No!

He pulled back from their hug and looked her in the eyes. It just occurred to me that I might not have the power to shout. Oh! I hope... I'll test myself.

Daegon stared on in disbelief. What? Do you mean you weren't in control when you first learned you could Shout?

I wasn't. I was captured outside when I awakened. Taken to the chopping block. The whole time has been like I was in a dream captured, but not blindfolded. When I was nearly beheaded the first thought I had was from an old Argonian Medicine women's journal I found. In it she wrote, "Pain opens the door to corruption. Separating body and spirit. Healing cannot be complete as long as the corrupter is nearby." I reminded myself of those words every so often to keep my sanity and my connection to my body. I thought it might have broken the spell every so often, but it wasn't to be. Until now!

Daegon expression of relief warmed him. Good. She said. So you're a healer. Before? Now?

Now? Now?! He stood up and ran to the inn's door. Once outside he took a deep breath. Stared up at the sky. Aimed at the clouds overhead. They opened a space caused by his dragon tongue. YES! YES! YES! I am still dragon born.

Dragon born! It is you! Cecil smiled. He felt relief. As his shift just ended he thought a moment. I wonder? Dragon born; if I might accompany you and your friends to go hunting down dragons?

What is your name?

Cecil. Dragon born.

Cecil. I would like you to meet my friends. Dragon born held the door to the inn open.

Cecil walked up to the inn door stepped in.

This way, Cecil. They walked over to where Daegon and Lydia were. They were talking when they arrived.

Excuse me! Lydia. Daegon. I would like to introduce you to Cecil.

Cecil! He nodded at Cecil. Gestured with his hands to suggest Cecil remove his helmet for the moment.

Oh! Cecil undid the strap and lifted it up off his head.

He would like to join our quest. All in favor; say, aye!

Daegon turned to and looked as Cecil was raising his helmet up. Lydia sat and took a sip of mead from her house carl's drinking horn.

She rose to view the guard and to decide how to vote. She saw his face as his helmet slipped off his head. As she spoke the word aye; she squeeked a bit.

Daegon turned toward her to look at Lydia. Whispered; Did I detect a girlish squeel squelched? Lydia you're blushing. My! What a lovely red you've become. Daegon turned to examine Cecil a bit more. Then added her vote. Aye!

Then it's settled. Cecil! You are now officially a member of the Dragon born team. We will have to get permission from the Jarl. Of course!

Cecil pried his eyes away from Lydia's and looked at Dragon born. Of course.

With their connection broken Lydia; regained some of her composure. I will send a letter to the jarl to advise him of your new assignment and get his permission. Her cheeks began to warm so she turned toward Daegon as if her assistance was required. Would you come with me to prepare the letter?

Daegon turned to Lydia. Of course.

Dragon born turned his attentions to Cecil. I'll call for a courier.

Cecil turned to, to face him. Let me. Dragon born.

Fine. Thank you.

The woman went to the room Lydia slept in for some privacy. Dragon born sat down at the table near his room.

The inn keeper called out. Paga Fyr. Can I get you anything.

Dragon born lost in thought did not hear him. The inn keeper being aware of the recent condition that Paga was suffering from walked over to the table. Paga?

Dragon born realized the inn keeper was talking to the other person. Not hearing his own name he looked up, embarrassed a bit. Yes. He stammered.

I thought you might like something to drink and eat.

Of course! He ordered apple pie and mead. As soon as the inn keeper was on his way he dove into thought. How am I going to break it to everyone that my name isn't Paga Fyr. His mind wandered back in time. Where his life was changed and when the imperials captured him. The thoughts mingled tormenting his mind. All he was doing was gathering herbs. All morning that day.

Ah! I wasn't at my cabin at the time when I was mixed up with the others. Of course! My journal! It might still be on the cupboard. I've got it! I'll take them to my cabin. Once there I'll work it so while examing it I will act as though I just recalled it and read my name allowed.

Daegon came out of Lydia's room and sat next to him. Nudged him back to the real world. He flinched. Looked at her. Turned his studious expression off. Happy that he had a plan.

Let's go to the cabin. We can let Lydia and Cecil work out the duty roster now thta he's a part of the team. Daegon nudged him with her elbow and nodded at the wall. His mind still remembering the cabin in the woods mingled in his thought. Liking the idea of some privacy and confused by her expression mingling Lydia and Cecil in her own plan. His expression showed he was startled. Quizical as to how she might know more about his cabin. Maybe be reading his mind?

You know. Noting the confused look on his face Daegon nodded at the wall again. You know. The cabin across the road from the Inn! For some privacy! She smiled at him. He smiled back. Rising from the table he recalled the cabin he had, while Paga Fyr was in charge, acquired in Riverwood. Daegon cast the levitation spell on him. He drifting along light as a feather. Happily floating along under Daegon's duo spells.

(Love while levitated! Living it up while I am floating down.)

• 3 weeks later...

I awakened early in the morning because of some words I heard from a recording I listened too long ago.

The words I heard clearly didn't make any sense. They seemed to me to sound like , ah boppa oom mau mau. I think it was some of the singers singing. a boppa oum mau mau.

I thought I heard a singer singing some words in English too. I am sure I would recognize the song if I heard it again. Only; the words faded out before I grasp them. I heard the last sounds though.

They might have sounded more like "ah boppa ooo ma ma"

I wonder why was I hearing them? What do the sounds mean?! Do you recognize them and know what song they are associated to? Send me a PM if you do!

• 2 weeks later...

In all respects I seek to find,

Wisdom that doesn't explode my mind

Although I seem to learn what is necessary

When wandering about things not confirmed

Alone;

without a person to reason about the new sensation

Leaves me without a doubt all I learned could be incorrect.

Better to be stupid than risk,

suggesting the knowledge I found is profound

when in my conscious it still is mysterious

No one to forge certainty with

Makes for suffering if I fear to test

It is fear that wins when I find something so

I don't dare go on without someone else to assure

I won't get hurt if I should

because for lack of more details

The smarter I get

I always find,

If I don't test what intrigued me

It is that, that something new

makes me feel stupid again.

Fear and stupidity!

What a blend.

It is beginning to seem

I am living in a dream

Even while I am awake

I don't know why

I dreamed that I

was working on a set

preparing it for actors

re-placing their props

that got knocked off a table top

Then mingling among as I moved off to the side.

I awakened and rely

On now that which I spy

And I might as well be

In the company of characters from tv

The lot

That's were I got

To the back

Just in time

To see a woman playing with an egg.

Juggling it

rolling it around

all over her body

She had it in hand

When a voice did demand

you better put that thing away

Or I am going to tickle you

In that place

where it will make you laugh

and likely drop it.

I opened my eyes

the sky white ceiling

above reminded me

That there are better things to do

Than wait until the paint dries.

I dreamed I was in the driver's seat in a car. The car was white. I steered so it traveled across a bridge. On up the road up a hill. The road had houses on both sides of it. The road came to a turn in it that I steered a course to take the car along. As the front of the car reached the top of the hill the view from my position in the car was of the night sky. The road began to level off so the front of the car showed me the scene ahead. I saw a house to the right of the car and another house was left of it I could see from the left rear view mirror.

The car's front end tipped forward. The front wheels sank into open air. The next thing I knew the scene was of shacks along paths that were probably made from people who never put in side walks. Trails between the shacks were all zig zagging and crisscrossing all the way down the side of the hill. My skill at driving was tested. When ever the cars wheels got a hold I steered it to get it slowed down.

Down and down the car went. Me steering anytime I could get a feel the wheels could get into the ground. The trails slowed the descent a bit. I saw the bridge to that I had crossed and a shop at the side I was nearing. A bit of road extended from the shop. I turned the steering wheel to try to get the car to slide to a stop in front of automobile shop. The car hit something, spun around so the trunk and back bumper were headed down. Looking over my right shoulder and steering with my left hand the land where the shop had the road out front looked like where the car was going.

The car rear end bounced and lifted the car's back tires up into the air. If I could have crossed my fingers I would have. What I could see behind me for that moment while being air born was the side of the top of the bridge. Nothing more.

The car sailed down through the air.

I felt the car make contact to the ground. The building was in my sight. I waited for the back end of the car to reach the automobile station. As it rolled up to the corner of the road outside it's drive in path I hit the brakes and turned the steering wheel clock wise so the car would go into the service stations driveway backwards. I felt the rear tires rise up on the drive ways entry ramp. I felt the car's tires getting traction. I let off the brakes so it could glide the rest of the way into the station near the service doors.

I felt the front tires start to raise up as the car glided into the drive way edge. The front end suddenly sank as though the tires had lost ground underneath them. I gave the car's gas peddle a pump. The back tires dug in and pulled the car back lifting the front tires out of the roadside rut. I thought I had somehow swerved and hit where the curbed was.

I kept the peddle down until the car's front tires were leveled up with the back of the car. Then I slid my foot to the brake peddle and stopped the car. I moved up to look over the steering wheel and front of the car. I decided it might be best to get some gas for the car so I steered the car while in reverse to the pumps.

I looked out the passenger window toward the station house. It was not a self service station. No one came out. I got out of the car on the drivers side. I walked back to the cars trunk. I walked along the trunk and bumper to the gas pumps I decided to get some items for trade that might be accepted if they didn't take credit cards. I had some money.

Paper money and metal coins. I read the price on the pumps. I pulled enough money out of the pouch with the paper money and coins to pay for a full tank. I counted out nearly two hundred dollars of paper money and the same with amount of dollars in coins. Put them in my side pocket on my trousers and grabbed my laundry bag pulling it out of the trunk space. I going to be staying awhile.

Slamming the lid down hard. I closed the trunk leaving my clean clothes, more money, spare tire, and the tools of my trade safely inside. I walked to the passenger side of the car and set the laundry bag down. I reached for the latch to open the driver side door.

The ground shook. A woman appeared standing next to me. Her hair style made me think she was a man at first. As the ground shook she grabbed my shirt and pulled me back. We backed up toward the station leaving the pump area. The ground stopped shaking. She pulled me back to the concrete path in front of the station.

The ground shook and the car, pumps, and sign tipped away from the station and started sliding away toward the river. The whole section of the gas pumps slowly slide alongside my car going down toward the river. The woman pulled me up the sidewalk toward the bridge. We ran up along the road until the ground stopped shaking. She pointed to a car near the bridge. I followed as she ran to it.

She got in and was starting it when I got in and sat in the passenger side. She stomped on the gas steering so it went up the road on to the other side of the hill passing by where I had turned off to go to the address on my map. The road stopped shaking the car. The ground behind us was still solid. I started to get out to go and see if the way back to the bridge was still there.

She hushed me when I was about to talk. She held up a hand to sign that I stop and do not get out of the car. She pointed to a light in the distance. I watched as what appeared to be the sun beginning to set. I suddenly realized that the light was north of us. It set much too fast. Then everything went dark outside the car. Suddenly the sky cleared and stars light up the sky. I looked at her.

She made a sign. Her lips moved, but no words came out of her mouth.

I understood. She made a sign with her hands and made her lips send the message loud and clear. A big explosion is what she signed and her lips described. Before I could move she grabbed my shoulder and made it clear to stay in the car.

We sat their silently. I wondered why. The wind began to pick up speed. In a few seconds anything light like leaves off of trees began to rise up and fly up into the air. I could see her lips forming the soundless words, Bad Air!

She and I sat there watching as the wind speed changed. Larger stuff flew up and by the car. A yard lounge chair banged into the front bumper. Small pebbles rained on the winds shield. She frantically pointed at a dark object and silently formed with her lips the word DUCK. We both bent down so the dashboard was protecting us. The air whistled as the large object flew over the car.

I started thinking. I should have been listening in on the radio signals. I don't know why I thought nothing of it. How did I conclude nothing bad would happen while I was on my way to a new place. The house on the hill with a large plot of land? It's probably not there. Probably wasn't even there before I arrived. That might explain why the place was so cheap.

The engine starting broke my thought. She steered the car to a road off to the right and around the other side of what I thought was a hill. As the car approached a little house with nice yard I realized it was on the south side of a mountain. The hills I had driven over were a staircase to the top and from the yard I could see for miles all the way down the side of it. She looked at me.

I raised my palms, palms up. I spoke. I'm not from here!

She looked at me. She pointed to the house. I followed along. Looking at the clear starry skies. And reminding myself I wasn't from here. It was a long way back to where I landed. All my gear in the car. My travel suit jetpack and stored emergency gear in the backpack, somewhere down along side the river. It was likely going to be a long hike back to portable home for traveling and living in, in outer space.

I looked at my wrist. Touched the screen. Ran diagnostics. The report made me glad. My new friend and I were far away from any radioactive danger. Tomorrow would be a good day to pack it all up and get back to the ship. I looked at the front porch of the house she led me to.

She stepped up to the column on the right at the top step. A voice came out of nowhere. She grabbed a thin strip of cloth. Put it around her neck. I suspect your wrist watch is more than a time keeper.

You can talk!

This, pointing at her new neckless, is a translator. You just couldn't hear me speaking in my own tongue. I'm guessing you purchased a nice home on a hill with land for expanding new horizons.

I looked at her. Nodded!

Well, it's down there where your vehicle is now. The tenant that bought it before you didn't make it out in time. So you can do anything you want with the empty lot. If you still plan on staying. Do you have a ship? Or did you actually drive that old clunker all the way from the other side of the planet?

It's a synth. I made it to fit in with the times. How did you come by this lovely bit of estate?

It's my ship. Holographic image to keep the locals thinking I was one of them. Only the property pamphlet didn't mention there were no neighbors. The planets a War Zone. Nearly all living creatures and the people who live here have been destroyed. You wouldn't happen to have Uranium?

I looked and pointed to where the car might be.

Great! I'll share a lift to your ship when we get my engine refueled. Then we can part our ways! Deal?!

Deal! Being cautious attempting to be cool and charming as well. Is this your actual form or are you a humanoid biped female?

She smiled. You are a man. Aren't you? Sweet. Too bad my gear won't fit you. I'll have to do the salvage work. Just like a man.

Early the next morning she flew down to where we could see right side of the car exposed. Gathered my gear. We returned to her house.

She looked at me!

If you would like to trade some information. One. I have blueprints that I would trade you for something you have. The device will reduce your thrusters fuel consumption by 50%.

I mistook you for a man! Now I see, you're a trader. What planet did you grow up on?

No! I am a man. It's been so long since I have been with a woman though. I was hoping for a trade, but sex without conception is not programmed for me.

Not programmed?! What? Are you an artificial?

No! I was trained to fabricate clones if need be, but only in an emergency to use to be me in situations too dangerous to assure my survival. So any non-activating relationships doesn't trigger senses that are for my seed bloodline survival. Nothing but for the real birthing.

Oh! Goodness! You're a Father!

Yes! Does that seem strange to you?

I thought your kind went extinct. The look on your face tells me you don't know. Have you been in stasis?

Only a generation.

I have something that I will trade you for the blueprint.

What's that?

You're one of us now! I'll trade you the records from the past to bring you up to date.

I wakened. The sounds of silence after the iRo Vacuum Cleaner alerted me it had cleaned successfully and docked were undemanding. I decided to sleep until noon.

• 3 weeks later...