Nexus Mod Manager, the Nexus Client, entering closed BETA

Dark0ne

best news I've read in a long time.

So. . . pretty much this 'Nexus Client' app is quite similar in some ways to 'Torch Leech" for the 'Torchlight' game. Not sure if any of you are familiar with that... but... either way, Nexus Client is going to be awesome! (even if the name of the app needs a lil more work hehehe)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Natterforme

One question though, and it can be answered by anyone who knows: Will this manager work with Morrowind?

I'm pretty sure that eventually, even if at last, it will work with Morrowind, since Dark0ne stated the "whole Nexus".

Also, will BOSS, and its Fallout equivalents(Idk what they are, I dont play Fallout much with mods) be incorporated to make the mods play nice together?

Most certainly, as the FOMM already includes it, and you can use BOSS separetaly as well. It wouldn't surprise me if BOSS came inside the pack.

Last question: will this be planned to work with Skyrim if it is found to be compatable?

Well, let's see how Skyrim will come out, as it uses a different engine.

Hope I helped.

Boy, I can't wait for this. I'm tracking a whole bunch of mods, I think I'll only install them when this come out. Until then, I'll play Dead Island, that will be released tomorrow =D

Finally a good idea! (I'm referring to fixed width and "NO I WONT CHANGE IT!!!!!")

Really, this mod manager looks awesome, and I'm quite looking forward to it. Let's just hope there's enough people left on tesnexus to make it work...

Guest deleted1753856
Cannot wait! I usually play F:NV with just texture pack mods installed, and with a dozen + authors it's impossible to know whose is whose and what belongs where. Thank you ahead of time, and how "closed" is this beta? Is it exclusive to developers and a few testers or are you accepting walk-ons to try out the functionality of the client? I'd love to help, not a fluent script kiddie, however ;D

yay!

Finally the Nexus is getting the equivalent to the Curse Client! :D

I remember I was talking a while with you on the chat about it a years time back, Rob - I am glad it is here now! :)

@Natterforme

One question though, and it can be answered by anyone who knows: Will this manager work with Morrowind?

I'm pretty sure that eventually, even if at last, it will work with Morrowind, since Dark0ne stated the "whole Nexus".

Also, will BOSS, and its Fallout equivalents(Idk what they are, I dont play Fallout much with mods) be incorporated to make the mods play nice together?

Most certainly, as the FOMM already includes it, and you can use BOSS separetaly as well. It wouldn't surprise me if BOSS came inside the pack.

Last question: will this be planned to work with Skyrim if it is found to be compatable?

Well, let's see how Skyrim will come out, as it uses a different engine.

Hope I helped.

Boy, I can't wait for this. I'm tracking a whole bunch of mods, I think I'll only install them when this come out. Until then, I'll play Dead Island, that will be released tomorrow =D

Thank you!^^ This is really going to bring about the holiday cheer :D.

make your own versions, plug-ins and adaptations to it.

1 worry..

what to do when mod xyz needs ""mike's"" version of the Nexus Client

and mod 123 needs ""tom's"" version

meaning, how to allow people to make there own version of the Nexus Client

without breaking the purpose of the client in the first place

1 client to run them all, yet there (may be) 100+ dirrerent clients