Nexus Mod Manager, the Nexus Client, entering closed BETA

Dark0ne

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds great but I have one concern. How will the Nexus client handle mods which are later pulled down by their authors? Surely it won't suck them back into the Nexus, deleting them from users' computers. I'd rather not have my game broken just because a mod author got pissed off one day.

Great news!

Is this based on FOMM-code as well or build from the ground up?

So this will be the new SKMM too?

And I assume it's OBSE/FOSE/NVSE/SKSE-compatible?

Will it still be possible to manually create your own FOMOD's/OMOD's/SKOMOD's to use in the NMM? (Are the files called NOMOD's? :P )

But all in all great news!

I see a plethora of possibilities! :)

Edited by anandus

Now, we use the client to uninstall Mod B. The Client has no way of knowing that we installed Mod C, so it assumes that the version of fun_file.dds currently installed belongs to Mod B. Thus, upon uninstallation, the Client restores Mod A's version of the file, overwritng the version installed by Mod C. Thus the installed state of the mods is likely not what the user expects.

This wouldn't be a big deal unless you were modding a lot and forgot about some hard work.

One way to be safe would be to have it tell the user that the current mod being un-installed has been changed.

It could be something like this: on mod install record checksums (you're probably doing this anyways) and on uninstall compare the files against them, if files were changed then pop up a child window showing detected changes with a list of changed files + dates (window with scrolling). Add an Ok button and a "Save Changed File to Zip" button that zips them to NV's root folder name something like [mod_name]_date.zip

Just a thought for the dev backlog

[edit]

Wait, this is open source right? Maybe if I get time I can add it in later.

Edited by cancausecancer