This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

The main Skyrim page is still extremely slow :sad: I didn't time it, but I think it takes about 10 seconds on average to load it. It's been that way for well over a week now. Are there any fixes in the works or something? It really is extremely frustrating.

The bottom right hand corner has a "Page served in" timer. If it says 10 seconds there, it's the sites, if it says something less than 10 seconds then it'll be your connection to the servers. Or you can't count to 10 seconds. One or the other! :wink:

At the moment I'm getting 1-2 second page serve times. Not great, but fine for the weekends right now.

Does this happen all the time for you, no matter what time of the day you test it and no matter how many times you refresh? I'll double-check with the coders whether that timer is localised to just you or the sites in general. I had always thought it was a timer from when the site receives the request from your browser to when the page is ready to be served, rather than from the time it takes for you to request the page from the time it takes for the page to be shown to you (there's a difference, as one is simply server-side, and the other depends on your connection to the servers, download speed, and so on).

With the former, there's no reason why I'd be getting different page served times to you, while the latter would explain the difference.

Except for some short and random bright moments the main Skyrim site has been that way for me for at least a week, but I cannot tell exactly.

While my connection is not exactly awesome (lousy wifi), surfing is pretty ok and I don't have problems opening even slow sites hosted somewhere in the U.S. It's just Nexus really. Whenever I try to open or refresh the page, Firefox shows "wating for www.nexusmods.com..." and it takes ages before anything shows up. The web servers are in the U.K. as far as I can tell by the IP addresses, right? So it can't be problem with distance, latency, packets lost on the way etc.

The forums are pretty responsive ~95% of the time even if the main site is just not loading on me.

edit:

I GOT IT! It's just the Skyrim part of Nexus. I tried to open the main nexusmods.com and was almost instant.

Opening the main Nexus page: Page Served in: 0.230s

And right after that, opening nexusmods.com/skyrim: Page Served in: 29.63s (stopwatch says 31s).

Ok, well that's interesting to know. Perhaps something in your preferences setup is slowing it down.

If you'd like us to actually troubleshoot this for you (and I'd like to, because it would suggest a fundamental issue that needs to be fixed that might be slowing the servers down) then please send your password to me via PM. Change it first if you want to. I can then login and troubleshoot.

I experience the same thing as Octopuss.

I am able to manouevre now extremely fast between different Nexus mod sites, I set as favorites for myself. In addition the connection between NMM and Nexus is stable and works well, downloading mods, updating mod infos etc. is very fast. Premium servers deliver a speed of over 1Mbit/s in the best cases.

...but I am almost unable to ever reach the Nexus mods main page for Skyrim. Loading this site lasts an eternity and in the last time it ends up in an "unable to connect" message in 99% of all cases and this happens at different times of day, not only in the european prime time around 6 pm and later.

I guess this site is the most visited Nexus site of course and many people - like me - open different browser windows for Nexus, one window always for the Nexus main page (to check new mods etc.) and other windows for the own favorite mod sites. Establishing connection lasted always a bit longer for the main page as for other sites before, but now it's unbearable.

PS: I am able to reach the Nexus mods main page when I first load this site here and then load the Nexus mods main page, strange, but it works.

I as well am seeing this issue, the one of not being able to connect to the Skyrim Nexus site. I have usually marked it down to load by US users... But it got me to thinking - there are two different types of load. Actual server load, which should have been alleviated by clustering (if it were done correctly, and if the load balancing was done correctly as well) or throughput itself - which could only be alleviated by having more CIR available at high-load periods. Which is rather expensive...