This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

This problem only seems to be affecting people who have set the "Tracked files" as their preferred feed on the front page. Can you guys confirm that's what you guys have done?

I believe so, do you mean authors' updates on files I track? Very useful feature, I like it.

edit: Yes, that's it.

Speaking of feed, do you think it's possible to implement functionality to let people get notified about replies to their posts? The way it works right now it's pretty much useless to post comments, because unless you have genius memory, there's no way to keep track of what I wrote and where.

I agree with Octopuss, notifications about replies to your posts would be very useful.

Another question/suggestion (maybe it´s just my artistic point of view though): I think it would be a very useful and nice feature for screenshot uploaders and for those who regularly upload images/artworks etc, if it would be possible to create subfolders, where you can put your images in. So you could place for example all your landscape screenshots in one subfolder, all your portraits in another, or if you even want to create a whole image story you can place it in its own folder, and so on.

So people who want to browse your images can easily find what they´re looking for and you can create your own "galleries".

Would this be possible?

I believe so, do you mean authors' updates on files I track? Very useful feature, I like it.

edit: Yes, that's it.

Speaking of feed, do you think it's possible to implement functionality to let people get notified about replies to their posts? The way it works right now it's pretty much useless to post comments, because unless you have genius memory, there's no way to keep track of what I wrote and where.

If you go to the top of the page, just under The Nexus Forums, is your avatar, member name and a triangle. Left click on the triangle and a menu will drop down. Look down the list to "My Content" and left click on it. Another page will open with a listing of every topic where you have made a post. Look in the right column and if your avatar does not appear next to the listing, someone else has posted after you in that topic. At this point, it is very easy to open the topic where you posted and you can read the added posts.

Thanks for trying to help, but unfortunately that's absolutely useless. Some mods get tens of posts per day, and trying to find replies in such mess is playing hide and seek.

Besides, there's no way to identify the replies anyway, because there are no quotes at all, just a line saying "in reply to <number>".

We really need something new for that.

Here's an idea, I really hate having to launch NMM everytime I use Tesedit just to toggle the mod. NMM takes about 30secs to launch sometimes because of the amount of mods i have. It would just be convenient to have some kind of quick button that lets you toggle mods without having to launch the program every time.

I find links to Nexus that use a file id number but following the link leads to the Nexus home page. Is file id still used and would it be possible to search for a mod by its file id?

I find links to Nexus that use a file id number but following the link leads to the Nexus home page. Is file id still used and would it be possible to search for a mod by its file id?

I'll try to find out if there's a way to search by file id, don't recall any off the top of my head.

The file ids themselves, however, are still in use. Only the url structure for all Nexus sites has changed a little.

The new format now is along that line, there's no game-specific sub-domains anymore, and no PHP files are called directly anymore either:

"www.nexusmods.com/name-of-game/mods/file-id/"

As you can see, the file ids are still in use and even valid. You only need to know the url name for the game the mod is for, but this can easily be looked up by just going to the Nexus page and selecting the game you're interested in.

Going by this scheme it's quite easy to rewrite old urls which no longer work to the new format so they will work again.

This problem only seems to be affecting people who have set the "Tracked files" as their preferred feed on the front page. Can you guys confirm that's what you guys have done?

Yep, this seems to be it. "Tracked Files" was set as preferred feed. I changed that to "File News" and connectivity is already much better now.