SKSE

Lodbrok

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We appreciate all of your support and desire to contribute. However, the Script Extender team cannot accept donations. We work in the software and game industries and accepting payment could compromise our ability to continue working on the project. Plus when we started this whole thing (back with OBSE in 2006) it was not permissible for any modders to accept any money (via donations, patreons, gofundmes or what have you). So the spirit in which we started these projects continues - we make the script extenders to enable better mods to make a better game experience. If you want to give back to the community - go write a mod or support the mod developers directly.

"...when we started this whole thing (back with OBSE in 2006) it was not permissible for any modders to accept any money (via donations, patreons, gofundmes or what have you). So the spirit in which we started these projects continues - we make the script extenders to enable better mods to make a better game experience. If you want to give back to the community - go write a mod or support the mod developers directly."

A most honorable and noble position concerning your contributions, behippo. It is this very mindset right here that makes the modding community what it is. This entire comment thread is inspiring :-) I have never personally written a mod, I do not know the first thing about it lol. But when I read things like this it makes me want to play a bigger role in the community than I currently do and it makes me tremendously proud of the small part that I already play. I have always supported and endorsed EVERY mod I have ever downloaded, whether I liked it or not, whether I could run it or not, because I appreciate the fact that someone spent their own time and energy to make something to enhance the game and then choose to selflessly share it with every one else far more than I appreciate the mod/contribution itself. This place is a living, beautiful collective consciousness that, fortunately, we are all VERY privileged to be a part of.

To all of you who share this mindset (and even to those who don't), to all of you who have selflessly given to this community throughout the days/weeks/months/years, even to all of those who, like myself, have merely stood by simply to enjoy themselves and share their happiness; THANK YOU for being a part of this community, THANK YOU for sharing your time and energy for and with the rest of us, and THANK YOU for the little pieces of yourselves that you have left here for the rest of us to enjoy and benefit from. The gaming world simply wouldn't be what it is without any of you, and from the bottom of my heart, I am most humbly grateful :-)

Edited by head213

Does SSE even need SKSE? Since it is 64bit now shouldn't it work better now because it has more memory? (I don't have any Idea about this stuff just asking pls don't jump on me :c )

Yes, you need it to get the more complex mods to work, like a mod that makes the dialogs mouse friendly

Does SSE even need SKSE? Since it is 64bit now shouldn't it work better now because it has more memory? (I don't have any Idea about this stuff just asking pls don't jump on me :c )

Yes, you need it to get the more complex mods to work, like a mod that makes the dialogs mouse friendly

If you mean the old skyrim mod, it works just fine. It did not need it at all.

SSE still uses the same scripting engine, with the same limitations on what can be done with scripts. Having more memory space available may mean you can have more scripts running at the same time, but each script can't do anything it couldn't have done anyway.

SKSE adds extra functions to the scripting language, allowing us to do things with scripts that couldn't otherwise be done at all. It has allowed us to create more interesting mods.

Edited by OldMansBeard

SSE still uses the same scripting engine, with the same limitations on what can be done with scripts. Having more memory space available may mean you can have more scripts running at the same time, but each script can't do anything it couldn't have done anyway.

SKSE adds extra functions to the scripting language, allowing us to do things with scripts that couldn't otherwise be done at all. It has allowed us to create more interesting mods.

I see thanks very much. That was the explanation I was looking for. :) Now I am really hyped for the new SKSE and the possibility of awesome mods. Even tho there are some already without SKSE.

Peace out. Going back to da shadows and observe your converserations.