The Great Thumbnail Rebuild

MrMason

In response to post #50318062. #50318772, #50320562, #50323522, #50340197 are all replies on the same post.

Pickysaurus wrote: Any news when we can get our mitts on the new site? And will it be mobile friendly?
Aum1994 wrote: I second this :D
BlindJudge wrote: We are spending a considerable amount of time making the site fully responsive and I can confirm that it looks just as incredible on a mobile device as it does a 4K screen.

However, this is purely for the main NexusMods site. The redesign we are working on will not change any of the NexusMods forum. We will definitely be looking at this in the future (once the redesign is out and all bugs quashed) though.
Pickysaurus wrote: Thanks for the reply Blindjudge! Any rough idea of when we'll see it? Or maybe share some more previews sometime soon?
BlindJudge wrote: We're going to enter into internal testing very soon, followed by focus group testing. We want to iron out as many bugs as possible before releasing it to everyone. It will be worth the wait.

I will try and get a number of videos completed showing the responsive design, interaction and the various new look screens as soon as possible.

Thanks for your continued support, it's most appreciated.

Awesome if you need guinea pigs for testing hit me up

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #50331052.

Faelrin wrote: I don't use 16:9 to play my games, so now all my image thumbnails look weird. Will it be like this on the new site (aka the transparency around the images if not in that resolution)? I'm just really wondering how bad the images will display on the new site if I don't use that format. If I absolutely have too I can, it's just a pain for me (I can explain why, if anyone wants to know). Though I understand this is a standard format for most things these days.

I'm curious. Why do you not play in 16:9?

In response to post #50322132.

Gruftlord wrote: Does this cropping issue effect our background and hot file crops in any way?

I think it only affects the cropping of the previews under the Images tab, though I can't yet speak from personal experience: it looks like my own mod's header image hasn't yet been run through the new system (I've custom-cropped all of the page's images, so I can tell which ones have been run through by which ones have broken cropping).

In response to post #50331052. #50346087 is also a reply to the same post.

Faelrin wrote: I don't use 16:9 to play my games, so now all my image thumbnails look weird. Will it be like this on the new site (aka the transparency around the images if not in that resolution)? I'm just really wondering how bad the images will display on the new site if I don't use that format. If I absolutely have too I can, it's just a pain for me (I can explain why, if anyone wants to know). Though I understand this is a standard format for most things these days.
DaddyDirection wrote: I'm curious. Why do you not play in 16:9?

Probably just doesn't have a 16:9 monitor. Though I have no clue since I don't know him/her personally :P

In response to post #50331052. #50346087, #50349212 are all replies on the same post.

ToxicInfinity wrote: Probably just doesn't have a 16:9 monitor. Though I have no clue since I don't know him/her personally :P

Certainly a possibility.

In response to post #50331052. #50346087, #50349212, #50352762 are all replies on the same post.

ToxicInfinity wrote: Probably just doesn't have a 16:9 monitor. Though I have no clue since I don't know him/her personally :P
DaddyDirection wrote: Certainly a possibility.

I don't know about Faelrin, but for the last few years I've been enjoying 16:10(I know it's really 8:5, but nobody calls it that) monitors. I much prefer the ratio, it's good for web browsing, watching old 4:3 movies and TV programmes, and a lot of other applications benefit from a taller display. 16:9 feels odd to me now.

Will there a public opt-in testing period for the new design like with YouTube's new design? In that case, you go to youtube.com/new and opt-in, then the normal url changes. Will you guys do something similar?

In response to post #50318062. #50318772, #50320562, #50323522, #50340197, #50341977 are all replies on the same post.

Pickysaurus wrote: Any news when we can get our mitts on the new site? And will it be mobile friendly?
Aum1994 wrote: I second this :D
BlindJudge wrote: We are spending a considerable amount of time making the site fully responsive and I can confirm that it looks just as incredible on a mobile device as it does a 4K screen.

However, this is purely for the main NexusMods site. The redesign we are working on will not change any of the NexusMods forum. We will definitely be looking at this in the future (once the redesign is out and all bugs quashed) though.
Pickysaurus wrote: Thanks for the reply Blindjudge! Any rough idea of when we'll see it? Or maybe share some more previews sometime soon?
BlindJudge wrote: We're going to enter into internal testing very soon, followed by focus group testing. We want to iron out as many bugs as possible before releasing it to everyone. It will be worth the wait.

I will try and get a number of videos completed showing the responsive design, interaction and the various new look screens as soon as possible.

Thanks for your continued support, it's most appreciated.
Pickysaurus wrote: Awesome if you need guinea pigs for testing hit me up

I'm with you Pickysaurus, I would love to help out nexus.(and see the new site)

In response to post #50331052. #50346087, #50349212, #50352762, #50354897 are all replies on the same post.

DaddyDirection wrote: Certainly a possibility.
Galvon94 wrote: I don't know about Faelrin, but for the last few years I've been enjoying 16:10(I know it's really 8:5, but nobody calls it that) monitors. I much prefer the ratio, it's good for web browsing, watching old 4:3 movies and TV programmes, and a lot of other applications benefit from a taller display. 16:9 feels odd to me now.

Sorry for the late response. My current laptop is in fact 16:9 (1366x768), but the reason it is such a pain for me to play games on that is because of my bad right eye, and so most of what's on the right side of the screen I don't really see well. Like I said, I can use the format if absolutely necessary, it's just a bit harder since I primarily see out of my left eye (which is of course the stronger eye). I tend to play in a 4:3 resolution or a custom setup that's slightly wider all depending on the game of course.