Official Vortex Beta Release

Dark0ne

In response to post #64250616. #64250721, #64251976 are all replies on the same post.

valshares24 wrote: You killed NMM. I wish vortex a lot of problems and bugs.
DrBrobot wrote: NMM was bad at this point in time anyways, Vortex is great.
silencer711 wrote: @valshares24 - Why would you wish this upon software intended to serve YOU better? NMM isn’t dead either; it is being kept alive and updated by the GitHub community HERE :)

@silencer711 thanks for the Git link.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #64250616. #64250721, #64251976 are all replies on the same post.

silencer711 wrote: @valshares24 - Why would you wish this upon software intended to serve YOU better? NMM isnt dead either; it is being kept alive and updated by the GitHub community HERE :smile:

Go to the GitHub link you provided and I do not find a download for NMM

II had an issue with Vortex that scared me away for now, I have certain Mods that I disable for later use or playthroughs and when I imported Vortex pretty much uninstalled my 255 mods and the version numbers didn't show up in the list (I have some older versions of certain mods and some that are unavailable on Nexus} I'll try it again in a month , please provide us a way to tone down the front page if possible . I'll add this you guys did a great job with Vortex, but I don't have patience with myself.

In response to post #64250616. #64250721, #64251976, #64253981 are all replies on the same post.

silencer711 wrote: @valshares24 - Why would you wish this upon software intended to serve YOU better? NMM isn’t dead either; it is being kept alive and updated by the GitHub community HERE :)
sinizt3r wrote: @silencer711 thanks for the Git link.

So you wish Vortex was NMM?

In response to post #64254276.

roaddogtnkr wrote:

silencer711 wrote: @valshares24 - Why would you wish this upon software intended to serve YOU better? NMM isnt dead either; it is being kept alive and updated by the GitHub community HERE :smile:

Go to the GitHub link you provided and I do not find a download for NMM

https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Nexus-Mod-Manager/releases

In response to post #64251591. #64251691, #64253126 are all replies on the same post.

Tucker0603 wrote: Is this gonna force me to reinstall all my mods again? Cause if so then f*** that!
Lloydd94 wrote: By the looks of things, they may be trying to force users to switch to a new mod manager like they did with how the site used to look.
LeonidasNerevar wrote: How so? I only see an option to download and install Vortex if you choose to. There's nothing to stop you from continuing to use NMM. Where's the problem?

@LeonidasNerevar The problem being if you wanted a easier and perhaps more stable modding experience as advertised through Nexus and wanted to switch over to Vortex, would the only choice be to redownload perhaps hundreds of mods from several games? Either way, support for NMM will be cut off eventually which means at some point you will basically have to switch over, or deal with manual downloads henceforth.

In response to post #64251591. #64251691, #64253126 are all replies on the same post.

Tucker0603 wrote: Is this gonna force me to reinstall all my mods again? Cause if so then f*** that!
Lloydd94 wrote: By the looks of things, they may be trying to force users to switch to a new mod manager like they did with how the site used to look.
LeonidasNerevar wrote: How so? I only see an option to download and install Vortex if you choose to. There's nothing to stop you from continuing to use NMM. Where's the problem?

@LeonidasNerevar The problem being if you wanted a easier and perhaps more stable modding experience as advertised through Nexus and wanted to switch over to Vortex, would the only choice be to redownload perhaps hundreds of mods from several games? Either way, support for NMM will be cut off eventually which means at some point you will basically have to switch over, or deal with manual downloads henceforth.

As I said, they are trying to make us change over. I'm going to go ahead and make the change, whilst backing up my NMM files just to be safe. Better safe then sorry in this case.

In response to post #64251591. #64251691, #64253126, #64253751 are all replies on the same post.

Tucker0603 wrote: Is this gonna force me to reinstall all my mods again? Cause if so then f*#@ that!
Chargersphinx wrote: @LeonidasNerevar The problem being if you wanted a easier and perhaps more stable modding experience as advertised through Nexus and wanted to switch over to Vortex, would the only choice be to redownload perhaps hundreds of mods from several games? Either way, support for NMM will be cut off eventually which means at some point you will basically have to switch over, or deal with manual downloads henceforth.

Just import your working setup into Vortex.
It works much faster and better than NMM ever did.
Stop acting like the protohumans at the beginning of 2001: A Space Odyssey when the monolith shows up.

In response to post #64251591. #64251691, #64253126, #64253751 are all replies on the same post.

Chargersphinx wrote: @LeonidasNerevar The problem being if you wanted a easier and perhaps more stable modding experience as advertised through Nexus and wanted to switch over to Vortex, would the only choice be to redownload perhaps hundreds of mods from several games? Either way, support for NMM will be cut off eventually which means at some point you will basically have to switch over, or deal with manual downloads henceforth.

Just import your working setup into Vortex.

Stop acting like the protohumans at the beginning of 2001: A Space Odyssey when the monolith shows up.

XD I forgot how they acted at the start of it.

In response to post #64251591. #64251691, #64253126, #64253751, #64254801 are all replies on the same post.

Tucker0603 wrote: Is this gonna force me to reinstall all my mods again? Cause if so then f*#@ that!
HadToRegister wrote: Just import your working setup into Vortex.

how do you import it all?

In response to post #64251591. #64251691, #64253126, #64253751, #64254801, #64255111 are all replies on the same post.

HadToRegister wrote: Just import your working setup into Vortex.

BobbysBurgahs wrote: how do you import it all?

On the mods tab of Vortex there is a button that says "Import from..." at the top. If you click that, it gives you a drop down with two options, NMM and Mod Organizer, go from there.