Official Vortex Beta Release

Dark0ne

In response to post #64240536. #64241556 is also a reply to the same post.

XanderVirtus wrote: I can't find any information on whether it's possible to import your own specific load order in Vortex? I don't want a Loot auto sorted load order since it will cause bugs, I want my own specific load order exported from NMM since that is the one that works. Is it possible to do that in Vortex?
LilikeSound wrote: I'm not on the dev team for Vortex, but I have been using it for a while and I can confirm for you that you can disable the autosort feature. There is a little icon for it on the plugins tab, you just click it and its disabled. I can also confirm that Vortex can hook into LOOT for managing a load order, so if you have custom user metadata there shouldn't be any problem. Wrye Bash, Creation Kit, Dyndolod, Texgen, FNIS, and Bodyslide can all be added to the tools tab and be run directly from the Vortex interface. Vortex also has no problems (in my experience) handling FOMODs or other installers.

What about NMM load orders? Ordering 255 mods by hand is a lot of work, and I have all bethesda games installed and modded to the limit. If I can't import that load list I will be sorting mods for days.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #64240536. #64241556, #64257346 are all replies on the same post.

XanderVirtus wrote: I can't find any information on whether it's possible to import your own specific load order in Vortex? I don't want a Loot auto sorted load order since it will cause bugs, I want my own specific load order exported from NMM since that is the one that works. Is it possible to do that in Vortex?
LilikeSound wrote: I'm not on the dev team for Vortex, but I have been using it for a while and I can confirm for you that you can disable the autosort feature. There is a little icon for it on the plugins tab, you just click it and its disabled. I can also confirm that Vortex can hook into LOOT for managing a load order, so if you have custom user metadata there shouldn't be any problem. Wrye Bash, Creation Kit, Dyndolod, Texgen, FNIS, and Bodyslide can all be added to the tools tab and be run directly from the Vortex interface. Vortex also has no problems (in my experience) handling FOMODs or other installers.
XanderVirtus wrote: What about NMM load orders? Ordering 255 mods by hand is a lot of work, and I have all bethesda games installed and modded to the limit. If I can't import that load list I will be sorting mods for days.

Believe it or not, the 'specific' load order doesn't actually matter all that much in Bethesda titles. You can "group" mods together using LOOT groups to keep them together, but per-plugin rules are often not required.

In response to post #64251591. #64251691, #64253126, #64253751, #64254801, #64255111, #64255936 are all replies on the same post.

Tucker0603 wrote: Is this gonna force me to reinstall all my mods again? Cause if so then f*#@ that!
Lloydd94 wrote: By the looks of things, they may be trying to force users to switch to a new mod manager like they did with how the site used to look.
LeonidasNerevar wrote: How so? I only see an option to download and install Vortex if you choose to. There's nothing to stop you from continuing to use NMM. Where's the problem?
Chargersphinx wrote: @LeonidasNerevar The problem being if you wanted a easier and perhaps more stable modding experience as advertised through Nexus and wanted to switch over to Vortex, would the only choice be to redownload perhaps hundreds of mods from several games? Either way, support for NMM will be cut off eventually which means at some point you will basically have to switch over, or deal with manual downloads henceforth.
HadToRegister wrote: Just import your working setup into Vortex.
It works much faster and better than NMM ever did.
Stop acting like the protohumans at the beginning of 2001: A Space Odyssey when the monolith shows up.

BobbysBurgahs wrote: how do you import it all?
XxLon3Wolf13xX wrote: On the mods tab of Vortex there is a button that says "Import from..." at the top. If you click that, it gives you a drop down with two options, NMM and Mod Organizer, go from there.

We do have documentation on migrating too, but only if you want to.
https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Migrating_to_Vortex_from_another_Mod_Manager

In response to post #64250616. #64250721, #64251976, #64253981, #64254386 are all replies on the same post.

valshares24 wrote: You killed NMM. I wish vortex a lot of problems and bugs.
DrBrobot wrote: NMM was bad at this point in time anyways, Vortex is great.
silencer711 wrote: @valshares24 - Why would you wish this upon software intended to serve YOU better? NMM isn’t dead either; it is being kept alive and updated by the GitHub community HERE :)
sinizt3r wrote: @silencer711 thanks for the Git link.
hanageboubounosuke wrote: So you wish Vortex was NMM?

NMM hasn't been "killed", you're still perfectly able to use it. Vortex is a choice, we're not forcing you to use it, but you may want to give it a try next time you setup some new mods :)

In response to post #64254331.

sinizt3r wrote: II had an issue with Vortex that scared me away for now, I have certain Mods that I disable for later use or playthroughs and when I imported Vortex pretty much uninstalled my 255 mods and the version numbers didn't show up in the list (I have some older versions of certain mods and some that are unavailable on Nexus} I'll try it again in a month , please provide us a way to tone down the front page if possible . I'll add this you guys did a great job with Vortex, but I don't have patience with myself.

You can hide any dashlets you want from Vortex's dashboard on the first page of the settings menu.

In response to post #64253761.

roaddogtnkr wrote:

I do not get the vortex to work.

I just got a new computer and every time I try to open/run it it asks what program I want to run it as it will not recognize it and it does not come up with a program in the apps store to run it.

What are you trying to run it on? It's a standard. EXE installer. If you're using a full version of Windows I'd be surprised if you can install anything if EXE files don't work for you.

In response to post #64253686.

natenater wrote: Is there an easier way to install mod update files like the merge feature of MO2 or is manually extracting the updates to the mod's folder the only way?

You can install them as a separate file and set the rules to overwrite. That's probably the cleanest way.

In response to post #64250981.

NightHunter93 wrote: How do I solve the issue with deployment without using hardlink? My F4 game is installed on an SSD and the mods take about 20GB, i don't wanna use up 20 GB of SSD, plus I don't even have that much left on it anyway.

The two options we have are Hardlink and move deployment. Hardlinks, if you want to store mods on a different partition (or hard drive) to the game you'll need to use move deployment - you can change it in Settings > Mods > Deployment.

Unfortunately, if you don't have enough HDD space, you'll have a hard time using mods with any mod manager.