Vortex 1.0 Release

BigBizkit

In response to post #72466388. #72490168 is also a reply to the same post.

ksolonenko wrote: But we still can't change load order as easiliy as in any other mod manager?
UWShocks wrote: No drag-n-drop (which I'd like to see with Vortex).

But you can still setup rules (like with the old BOSS and LOOT plugin sorters [anyone that's been along long enough, this won't be an issue]), and if you need a plugin at a specific spot then you can assign that plugin an Index number (like assign a plugin to load at the 90th plugin spot via Mod Index).

Sorting is easy with Vortex, it would be even easier with drag-n-drop support.
IMO, Vortex is a very good mod manager. There's room for improvement but I don't really understand the hate it receives.

Neither do I. What puzzles me is that the prominent complainers (Arthmoor, etc.) just sit there and complain rather than offer actual useful feedback or suggestions for improvements that that they see as necessary.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #72466388. #72490168, #72503613 are all replies on the same post.

ksolonenko wrote: But we still can't change load order as easiliy as in any other mod manager?

But you can still setup rules (like with the old BOSS and LOOT plugin sorters [anyone that's been along long enough, this won't be an issue]), and if you need a plugin at a specific spot then you can assign that plugin an Index number (like assign a plugin to load at the 90th plugin spot via Mod Index).

IMO, Vortex is a very good mod manager. There's room for improvement but I don't really understand the hate it receives.
Zanderat wrote: Neither do I. What puzzles me is that the prominent complainers (Arthmoor, etc.) just sit there and complain rather than offer actual useful feedback or suggestions for improvements that that they see as necessary.

We have. Said feedback was rejected as being hateful or needless complaining. So you can imagine why those of us who don't use Vortex because we don't like where it's gone are no longer interested in trying to offer these opinions to the developers or to staff. They're not interested.

In response to post #72466388. #72490168, #72503613 are all replies on the same post.

Zanderat wrote: Neither do I. What puzzles me is that the prominent complainers (Arthmoor, etc.) just sit there and complain rather than offer actual useful feedback or suggestions for improvements that that they see as necessary.

We have. Said feedback was rejected as being hateful or needless complaining. So you can imagine why those of us who don't use Vortex because we don't like where it's gone are no longer interested in trying to offer these opinions to the developers or to staff. They're not interested.

So that means you can all stop now, and move on to using the Mod Manager of your choice, such as WryeBash, MO, MO2, NMM, manually etc.

It's nice to have choices, instead of endlessly arguing about making every single mod manager the same.

In response to post #72518033.

HadToRegister wrote:

So that means you can all stop now, and move on to using the Mod Manager of your choice, such as WryeBash, MO, MO2, NMM, manually etc.

It's nice to have choices, instead of endlessly arguing about making every single mod manager the same.

Or we can continue to explain it to people who directly ask us about it whether or not you happen to like that. See how that works?

Some of you people are worse than cult members.

HadToRegister wrote:

Or we can continue to explain it to people who directly ask us about it whether or not you happen to like that. See how that works?

Said the guy who jumped into a Fallout New Vegas thread discussion thread just to tell everybody that he thinks that Fallout New Vegas was the worst Fallout ever.

I can't remember if you called everybody Zealots or Cult Members in that thread or not too, because apparently, everybody that likes something YOU don't is a Zealot or Cult Member.

Probably though.

It's funny that you're trying to toss around that "Cult Member" insult, while acting like a Zealot and Cult Member.

The only cult members here are the ones who won't just move on and use a different mod manager that they claim is "superior" to Vortex, and instead want to drone on endlessly about Vortex instead.

That's dedication AND obsession.

If Vortex was a person, it would've gotten a restraining order against you several pages ago.

In response to post #72520523.

HadToRegister wrote:

HadToRegister wrote:

Said the guy who jumped into a Fallout New Vegas thread discussion thread just to tell everybody that he thinks that Fallout New Vegas was the worst Fallout ever.
I can't remember if you called everybody Zealots or Cult Members in that thread or not too, because apparently, everybody that likes something YOU don't is a Zealot or Cult Member.
Probably though.

It's funny that you're trying to toss around that "Cult Member" insult, while acting like a Zealot and Cult Member.

The only cult members here are the ones who won't just move on and use a different mod manager that they claim is "superior" to Vortex, and instead want to drone on endlessly about Vortex instead.

If Vortex was a person, it would've gotten a restraining order against you several pages ago.

I can't remember if you called everybody Zealots or Cult Members in that thread or not

Then why even bring it up if you haven't even bothered to go see what I actually said?

Oh wait, because that's just what you do is throw around wild accusations about what you THINK people said and act like it's what they actually said. Which is highly amusing since you're accusing me of exactly that. Hypocrisy much?

Nope, because if it were a person, posting to it on a forum is insufficient grounds to obtain a restraining order in any sane jurisdiction of law.

HadToRegister wrote:

HadToRegister wrote:

Probably though.

I can't remember if you called everybody Zealots or Cult Members in that thread or not

Then why even bring it up if you haven't even bothered to go see what I actually said?

Oh wait, because that's just what you do is throw around wild accusations about what you THINK people said and act like it's what they actually said. Which is highly amusing since you're accusing me of exactly that. Hypocrisy much?

Because it shows that you just like to jump in a thread where people are enjoying a discussion about things, and take a dump all over it, "Just Because"

You just like to argue for the sake of arguing and consider your opinion the only valid one, hence you jumping in the FONV to crap all over what was an interesting discussion, for the sole purpose of crapping on the discussion.

Anyway, I've argued with you before, and you have an obsession with having the last word, so I'll let you have at it, because you won't ever stop unless I let you have the last word.

In response to post #72522398.

HadToRegister wrote:

HadToRegister wrote:

HadToRegister wrote:

Probably though.

Because it shows that you just like to jump in a thread where people are enjoying a discussion about things, and take a dump all over it, "Just Because"
You just like to argue for the sake of arguing and consider your opinion the only valid one, hence you jumping in the FONV to crap all over what was an interesting discussion, for the sole purpose of crapping on the discussion.

Anyway, I've argued with you before, and you have an obsession with having the last word, so I'll let you have at it, because you won't ever stop unless I let you have the last word.

The other participants in that thread don't seem to share your opinion of what happened there so I think you're just seeing what you want to see, which is always the case with anything you post.

Honestly, I am surprised there are still some people complaining about the whole drag and drop thing in Vortex. You can literally place a mod exactly where you want using rules, which serves the exact same function. There is even a little area for it to work like dragging and dropping to create those rules.

From day one, this "problem" never even existed. It's just some people who don't want to learn a new method in doing things and so they complain like children, even though it's extremely simple and not hard to learn.

I also agree with HadToRegister for once. Even if you absolutely detest the way vortex does these things, just move on. You have other mod managers you can use that work exactly the way you want. Quite frankly, I am shocked to see any mod author complain this much over something that really isn't that big of a deal. I am sure you get comments all the time about your mods and how someone may not like something the way it is or altered from how it was previously. How often do you think their complaining is productive? Or how about a mod that does something one way, and someone complains it doesn't do it another way when a mod already exists that does it the way they want? Like, just use that mod then.

It's just I would expect mod authors to be more understanding here. But I guess some mod authors are no better than other users. Not sure why that surprises me.

Edited by Brabbit1987