* * Is this a new feature, and possible bugs * *

DarkDominion

Henlo o/

------------------------------------------------------------------
When I'm managing Skyrim Special Edition, but also have mods installed for Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 and I go to my downloads tab, I see all the files I have downloaded for all the games ( SSE+FO3+FO4 ), where before I only saw SSE downloads because that's the game I am managing.

Is this a new feature ? Not saying I hate it, but I don't understand the reasoning behind it... I mean, why do I have to see all the mods I've downloaded when I'm only managing one at the time ?

[EDIT] I went through the change logs, but I couldn't find it...

[EDIT] User error...I messed up my download folder a while ago, when I corrected it, it left some stuff behind in Vortex, cleaning that up fixed it.

When you download a bunch of mods, it was possible to click on the orange "install" button ( positioned after each mod ), on the right side of the Mods tab.

Now when you download a bunch of mods you have to:

-Click on the blue "never installed" button on the left side of the Mods tab

-Click on the bell icon, click the green "more" option and then click "install"

-Click on the arrow next to the orange "remove" button ( which has replaced the "install" button ) and pick "install" from the drop-down menu

Installing like this is no longer a "one click install". If this is a new feature then I really disagree if it's ment to be easier to install.

It would be better to see "install" immediately ( certainly for users new to Vortex ) and not have it tucked away under the bell icon or click on "never installed" to "install" ( which is like Windows' "press start to stop" reasoning if you want to shut down your PC ).

Is this a new feature too ?

Possible bug 1: when I go to my Mods tab, I can customize my page layout with the cogwheel on the right. In the list of options there's a option to switch on "games" but it does nothing at all.

Possible bug 2: when I start up Vortex, the logo appears in the center of my screen, but there's a white semi-transparant square overlay covering the logo, which disappears after a second or two.

Thanks for reading

Cheers

-=DD=-

[EDIT] Added a few more things to the list

Edited by DarkDominion

How is your downloads folder paths laid out?

Like this?

D:\Vortex Downloads\Skyrimse

D:\Vortex Downloads\Fallout4

D:\Vortex Downloads\Fallout3

Or are they like this

D:\Vortex Downloads\Skyrimse\Fallout4\Fallout3

Have you turned on Deploy Mods when enabled, and Enable Mods when installed in the Settings----->Interface tab?

Hi, @DD. The "downloads" tab does indeed show all your downloads. But you should be installing from the "mods" tab. That will give you the one click install that you are looking for. Also, on the downloads tab, you can filter by game, if needed. Lastly, Windows commands work in Vortex. So, you can use ctrl-A and install all once from the downloads tab, if you want.

Forgot to mention, I'm on version 1.2.11

This is what my logo looks like :

8GwUHrol.png

How is your downloads folder paths laid out?

KcFXq2Xl.jpg

Have you turned on Deploy Mods when enabled, and Enable Mods when installed in the Settings----->Interface tab?

I have no idea what that has to do with my problem :confused:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, @DD. The "downloads" tab does indeed show all your downloads.

Also, on the downloads tab, you can filter by game, if needed.

So that is a new feature ? Me not like, it's counterproductive, confusing and absolutely unnecessary imo.

Even if you can filter by game. What is the use to see Fallout X mods when you are modding Skyrim ? I seriously don't get it. :pinch:

But you should be installing from the "mods" tab. That will give you the one click install that you are looking for.

I did install from the mods tab, I told so in my first post.

Look here what I see and have to do:

Pick 1 , or use arrow next to "remove" at 2, or click on the bell icon at 3

yGLZ27Ah.jpg

Then I have to click "more"

BJfzozal.jpg

And then I can click Install one mod, click the bell icon again, click "more" and click "install" for the next mod to install etc.

JXdXdacl.jpg

Now tell me what I am doing wrong ?

If this is a new feature I don't get it....

Cheers

-=DD=-

Edited by DarkDominion

Hey Picky,

Do you mean the View not-yet-installed Downloads / View All Downloads ?

That changes nothing in the Download table

So that is a new feature ? Me not like, it's counterproductive, confusing and absolutely unnecessary imo.

Even if you can filter by game. What is the use to see Fallout X mods when you are modding Skyrim ? I seriously don't get it. :pinch:

If not completely mistaken, the downloads-tab has always shown all games, unless you filter for a specific game.

For one, Vortex is a multi-game mod manager where you can download mods for multiple games at the same time. Not showing the queued downloads for the other games you're downloading would be counter-productive and make it much harder to track down download-problems.

For another, you can also intall mods for other games than the currently active. Also, in some cases you'll want to install mods that is marked for another game, example for SSE you can install many of the original Skyrim mods. As part of a mod-list I've even installed a Fallout-mod in Skyrim.

Since you can filter the downloads-tab on "Current game" it should be simple for you to only see the current downloads.

Now tell me what I am doing wrong ?

If this is a new feature I don't get it....

I hadn't detected they've removed the "install"-option on the far right, with no obvious install-option this does look confusing. Keeping the choice "install" on far right would be better than showing "remove".

Now at least for new users, after downloading one or more mods, the easiest method is to click on the "Install all". Unfortunately, most of the messages will now auto-hide under the bell-icon, meaning it's easy to overlook this message.

In case you select multiple mods, you do have the "one-click" option opening-up near the bottom to either Install or Enable.

Possible bug 1: when I go to my Mods tab, I can customize my page layout with the cogwheel on the right. In the list of options there's a option to switch on "games" but it does nothing at all.

Hmm, yes, it doesn't do anything for me either... It's possible it's something not fully implemented, or it's relevant for one or more games but not for Skyrim or Fallout, or it's buggy...

While I've not seen the white-ish logo, this can also be a possible bug.

So, apart for Downloads-tab that works as it should since you can filter by "Current Game", you can create bug-report for the logo and multiple "feature requests" by clicking the 3 dots in Vortex upper right corner.

If not completely mistaken, the downloads-tab has always shown all games, unless you filter for a specific game.

For one, Vortex is a multi-game mod manager where you can download mods for multiple games at the same time. Not showing the queued downloads for the other games you're downloading would be counter-productive and make it much harder to track down download-problems.

For another, you can also intall mods for other games than the currently active. Also, in some cases you'll want to install mods that is marked for another game, example for SSE you can install many of the original Skyrim mods. As part of a mod-list I've even installed a Fallout-mod in Skyrim.

Since you can filter the downloads-tab on "Current game" it should be simple for you to only see the current downloads.

Nope, it has never been there, so I guess it's a new feature, just like the "missing" install button on the right in the Mods tab.

Clicking "current game" just folds up the other games...I'm pretty sure this feature has never been in Vortex.

Also it doesn't make sense to be able to install a Oldrim mod into SE, because when you download an Oldrim mod, it will appear in the Oldrim side of Vortex.

And when you manually add it to SE, you must have that game active to be able to add a mod from file , or drag it into the designated area in the Mods tab.

It's starting to look like Vortex wants us to install through the Downloads tab ?

Yes, there is an "install" button on the Downloads tab , where it's tucked away on the Mods tab...

Thanks for your post btw :smile: Much appreciated

[EDIT] Filed a bug report and made suggestions to reverse the changes made to the downloads tab and the Mods tab.

Thanks again

Cheers

-=DD=-

Edited by DarkDominion

Guest deleted34304850

something to add to this;

I have noticed that if I download a mod, and do NOT install from the Downloads display, the mod remains in my download display even though I may have already installed it from the Mod display.

To remove the mods from the Downloads page, I need to install the mod again, this time from the mod download page within Vortex. This then removes the mod from the Downloads list. what I then have is an installed mod (that I installed myself via the Mods display) and a second mod of the same name, but in a disabled state.

Not really sure what's going on with this, but it's really not intuitive.

Also, please, for the love of all that's holy; allow me to see the full messages ,because putting an icon on that bell is asinine.

Edited by 1ae0bfb8

something to add to this;

I have noticed that if I download a mod, and do NOT install from the Downloads display, the mod remains in my download folder, even though I may have already installed it from the Mod display.

To remove the mods from the Downloads page, I need to install the mod again, this time from the mod download page within Vortex. This then removes the mod from the Downloads list. what I then have is an installed mod (that I installed myself via the Mods display) and a second mod of the same name, but in a disabled state.

Not really sure what's going on with this, but it's really not intuitive.

Holy Vortex Batman ! :laugh:

You are right.... It never dawned on me....indeed, the Downloads tab was empty after you installed all the mods for that particular game. Now all these downloaded mods stay there...

Thanks @1ae0bfb8, well spotted!

Also, please, for the love of all that's holy; allow me to see the full messages ,because putting an icon on that bell is asinine.

Yeah, they changed that in the version before this...because people complained that "all these messages clutter up my screen",

I wasn't bothered by that, so yeah, I would like to have that back too

-=DD=-