This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

Don't feed the TROLLS

Trying to redirect this topic to be about piracy, lends nothing positive to the discussion.

I just want an easy way to get mods that are working with the latest version,

without having to wade through all the older mods, that may not work.

If after going through all the current and updated mods, I want an old mod,

then and only then, I can search the archives for it.

This is about saving time and efficiency, NOT anything else.

And pretending that the older versions of mods does not aid the pirates is burying your head in the sand. Any discussion of older versions of mods must include the largest audience for those mods, those who actively seek out older versions of mods to fit their cracked games. To do otherwise is to lose sight of reality.

Edited by ScytheBearer

Oh, so what you're saying is that piracy isn't a big issue going forward, but a Bethesda problem from six years ago and which no longer exists is? Are you and BRabbit the same person?

Wow! You realize HeyYou also has disagreed with me on many things, right? Acting like they are me just because you disagree with them is on a whole other level of silly.

But in this particular case, I agree with HeyYou, since using older versions of games is actually fairly common practice across the board. For example, BGS games in particular .. any time they added crap to the creation club, it would cause issues if your game updated. Then you would have to wait for the SKSE version to update too, and maybe even some mods. Which is why, there were mods even made to make a backup incase steam updated the game, you can replace the exe with the backup and bring the game back down a version. Course the other method would be to use steam's console, and you can download pretty much any of the previous versions of a game.

Last but not least, Nexus isn't just a site for BGS games and they want it to all work with every game that is supported by Vortex. There are tons of reasons why someone may hold back on updating their game. Bugs, performance issues, mods not being updated yet, etc.

I also think being able to sort mods by what version of the game they are for would be useful as it would also aid in the ability to sort out any mods that have not been updated or checked for the latest version. Plus in cases for games where it's more common practice to use older versions of the game, I think this would just be extremely useful.

ALL mods should state what Game version they are made for.

And Nexus should be able to List Mods by Game version.

This would not only help speed up my search for mods,

but also help to cut down the time it takes, to build my Game mod list.

I don't need to see every mod made, since the game first released,

just show me what works with my current version.

isnt that why god gave you eyes?

The real issue associated with game versioning of mods is one of pirated/cracked games.

Pirated/cracked games are frozen at a specific level and as a rule, authors do not support these games. The demand for "versioned mods" is in support of users of pirated/cracked games by allowing them to get the version of mods that worked with their pirated/cracked version of the game. Ignoramuses are continually getting banned because they post "stuff" like "I have the cracked version of insert game here, does this mod support version x.y.z"?

Now, Nexus Mods has taken steps which support these pirated/cracked games, by preserving mods associated with specific game levels. Now, a game can be pirated/cracked at a specific level and the mods for that version are preserved in the Nexus Mods Archive.

Mo money, mo money, mo money ...

Not just pirated games are held from updates. For a while there, Beth was notorious for releasing updates that broke more stuff than they fixed, and there were numerous threads on how to prevent steam from updating your games.

Oh, so what you're saying is that piracy isn't a big issue going forward, but a Bethesda problem from six years ago and which no longer exists is? Are you and BRabbit the same person?

Wow. Where did you get that from??

I'd like to see an option on a mods 'posts' tab, to be able to display ALL comments on a single page. So if I'm searching through the comments for a specific word/phrase/question, I don't have to repeat the search 3000 times for every page of comments.

Oh, and same thing for the 'bugs' tab. have the option of displaying ALL bug posts. for the same reason as above. Now that I think about it, please just have an option to 'display all' for every tab.

Please and Thanks.

I'd like to see an option on a mods 'posts' tab, to be able to display ALL comments on a single page. So if I'm searching through the comments for a specific word/phrase/question, I don't have to repeat the search 3000 times for every page of comments.

Oh, and same thing for the 'bugs' tab. have the option of displaying ALL bug posts. for the same reason as above. Now that I think about it, please just have an option to 'display all' for every tab.

Please and Thanks.

If you search a post for a specific word, it shows you ALL comments that contain that word, and it has the page numbers on the bottom so you can go through all the pages.

What are you doing?

Searching for a word, then looking at ONE page of a multipage post, then searching for the word AGAIN?

Before you say "ALL comments" you might want to consider that some mods have 30,000+ posts in their comments.

Correct, some mod pages have a ton of replies/comments. Clarification, perhaps not a button to display all 30k+ comments all at once but a 'show more' where the next set of 10-20 posts are shown w/o having to click to the next page. Or perhaps a search field function to check the entire section for the desired search term/phrase.

Please and Thanks.

If you search a post for a specific word, it shows you ALL comments that contain that word, and it has the page numbers on the bottom so you can go through all the pages.

What are you doing?

Searching for a word, then looking at ONE page of a multipage post, then searching for the word AGAIN?

Yes, many of the popular mods have many pages of comments in the comment section "posts" tab. With no 'search' field to look for a specific term/phrase or the ability to load all comments on a single page, I have to use my browser's 'find on page' function to look for the term/phrase on every single page and pray I find what I'm looking for before I hit page 291 of 300

Guest deleted34304850

go to the forum page for the mod and use the forum search function to search for your text in the specific game forum.