Use of the "Report" feature

How do we go about reporting uploaded files? I read the tutorial at the top of this thread, but it no longer seems to apply with the new layout. Maybe I'm missing it (wouldn't surprise me) but I can't seem to find any report button anywhere on the mod pages. Thanks in advance!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's still there (just really hard to see). Third icon in on the Actions line, the little triangle next to the binoculars. It says Report File when you mouse over it. I don't want to confess how long it took me to figure out that I needed to do that, and not just stare passively all over the page.

It's still there (just really hard to see). Third icon in on the Actions line, the little triangle next to the binoculars. It says Report File when you mouse over it. I don't want to confess how long it took me to figure out that I needed to do that, and not just stare passively all over the page.

You are awesome, thank you so much. I thought I checked out all of those icons. Kudos and many many thanks!

• 2 months later...

I reported a file using the "report file button" a couple of times now over the last few weeks, neither had error so I assume they were submitted successfully, as well as I sent a PM to an admin and received no response and the file is still on the nexus. I guess my question is how long does it take for action to be taken or is the report system not working? Is there any feedback after file reporting?

Thanks

I am looking at it now. And there is no time frame. We have a lot of reports at any given time and get to them as fast as we can. We are not a huge staff and all do this on a volunteer basis. Also when you make a report I encourage you and anyone to put as much information in the report (and proof when possible showing textures, file comparisons, copies of read me or whatever) needed to speed up processing the reports.

Sometimes you will not hear anything about a report. That doesn't always mean nothing is happening or its not being worked.

I am looking at it now. And there is no time frame. We have a lot of reports at any given time and get to them as fast as we can. We are not a huge staff and all do this on a volunteer basis. Also when you make a report I encourage you and anyone to put as much information in the report (and proof when possible showing textures, file comparisons, copies of read me or whatever) needed to speed up processing the reports.

Sometimes you will not hear anything about a report. That doesn't always mean nothing is happening or its not being worked.

No problem, not really the type to police people but was trying to do the right thing as I know you guys don't want illegal content on the site, just was not sure I was doing it correctly, must be more patient. :thumbsup:

Thank you for taking the time to respond and for the nexus sites,

Voodoo

Note that the first warning may not be visible on the site. If we give an informal warning, it will go on their profile that the staff sees, but will not be seen by anyone else. This allows people to clean up their act with no stigma.

• 3 months later...