We’re looking for a full stack web developer who wants to be working with the latest technology to join our team at our new office in Exeter, UK. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in multiple programming languages with experience working on high traffic websites.
With billions of downloads and millions of users we have plenty of interesting projects to work on. You’d be joining our established web team which currently consists of 5 programmers and a designer whose primary responsibility is the Nexus Mods website and everything around it:-
- Nexusmods.com runs on PHP with a MySQL backend via Linux and Apache (LAMP). This stack uses load balancing from nginx and various caching methods like APC and Redis.
- We also have various other services such as our API which is written in Ruby on Rails.
- Git, Docker, Vagrant and Kubernetes are used for deployment and development.
- We utilise cloud services such as CDN, AWS and S3.
- Node-JS, Jquery and Vue are used in some services.
We’re currently hard at work on the Nexus Mods website and we have a long list of features that we’d like you to help us realise. We work as closely as possible to an agile project management scheme and every team member’s input is highly valued - we’re looking for people who can constructively discuss ideas in our programming meetings.
- Working as part of the web team to maintain the Nexus Mods website, fixing bugs and adding new features.
- Participating in team meetings, keeping track of your workflow using project management tools.
- Working with everyone at Nexus Mods to shape the future of our platform.
- Very strong skills in at least one major web programming language
- CSS & HTML5
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written (English).
- Right to work in the UK
- Everything listed in our technology stack
- Comfortable using Linux
- Sysadmin / Devops experience with LAMP
- Experience with code testing
- An understanding of games modding and knowledge of Nexus Mods
- A sense of humour
- A love of computer games
- We will offer a competitive market rate salary dependent on your level.
- We will provide high spec hardware for you to work from in the office.
- For the right candidates we may be able to assist with relocation expenses and logistics.
In order to apply, please send an email to [email protected] with your CV and why you’d be suitable for this role.