Official Vortex Beta Release

Dark0ne

In response to post #64264046.

hgrunt wrote: Vortex is good mod manager, however I'm still not figured how to move plugins in mod list. :(

You don't need to, LOOT will sort them correctly for you :) You can set rules or groups for specific plugins, or if you insist you can lock the load index by double-clicking and setting the property. Edited by Pickysaurus

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. I broke my game, spent several days migrating, i.e. re-downloading/installing, all my mods with Mod Organizer, which miraculously fixed everything without even needing a new savegame, and am reluctant to switch to another mod installer. If in the future everyone starts swearing by Vortex, I might switch, but I don't see a reason to just yet.

In response to post #64264046. #64265726 is also a reply to the same post.

hgrunt wrote: Vortex is good mod manager, however I'm still not figured how to move plugins in mod list. :(
Pickysaurus wrote: You don't need to, LOOT will sort them correctly for you :) You can set rules or groups for specific plugins, or if you insist you can lock the load index by double-clicking and setting the property.

Thank You for answer.

In response to post #64261786. #64263106 is also a reply to the same post.

Lloydd94 wrote:

In response to post #64261111.

Lloydd94 wrote:

Exactly. That was one of the other programs it got rid of. FNIS had to be redownloaded as well as LOOT.

In response to post #64260731.

Lloydd94 wrote:

I'm agreeing with you there. I tried giving Vortex a chance, but because of it, I'm having to redo every mod I had. Vortex destroyed my load order, deleted plugins some mods require to run, and even went and deleted some mods themselves. They should have just kept with NMM. And I have to agree even more: Vortex is difficult to use, even being a veteran modder.

I love you guys at Nexus, but I have to be honest, I'm sticking with NMM. It's far easier to use and to organize my mods. Vortex is neither easier to use, nor designed as sensibly and as much as I want to believe that you'll be taking our feedback on it, that simply has not been the case so far. Many people want manual load order manipulation, I want to be able to rename and organize my mods in all categories and I simply don't understand why there are now multiple screens to do what used to be done on one. Posting that has just resulted in being attacked and told the new features are better when they clearly aren't. I'll keep an eye on this into the future, but for now Vortex is the hardest of passes for me personally.

that and you can't use cbbe outfit studio.

LOOT is built into Vortex, so not required.
Info on that here: https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/About_Load_Orders

The "built in LOOT" destroyed my load order and deleted a few plugins and mods that were required for other mods to work. Because of it, I'm having to manually go through and fix what Vortex broke. Everything was fine up until I download the mod manager and hit the import mods from NMM. To me, Vortex just wasn't ready to be released, even as a beta. THANKFULLY, I figured out how to group mods together using nmm and using the install dates as a reference on what goes where.

Pickysaurus wrote: That's not actually possible, I suspect it's a quirk with NMM's messy file structure and how Vortex tried to make sense of it on import. But I'm glad you figured it out.

It was pretty easy to figure it out when I found out Vortex and NMM can work in tandem. I like it. I like it a lot. lol

In response to post #64242756. #64243356, #64247481, #64248361 are all replies on the same post.

DoverWolf wrote: cant import my mods from NMM 65.2 with vortex
Pickysaurus wrote: It can import from NMM 0.63+
DoverWolf wrote: I get this error when trying to import from NMM
No NMM install found with mods for this game. please note only nmm 0.63 is supported
0Anesthetic4u wrote: No it gets mods from .63-.

Well that sucks they need to add 0.65 support

In response to post #64242756. #64243356, #64247481, #64248361, #64267641 are all replies on the same post.

No NMM install found with mods for this game. please note only nmm 0.63 is supported
DoverWolf wrote: Well that sucks they need to add 0.65 support

It can import from any NMM version starting with 0.63, including 0.65.
However it may be having problems with certain games, which game are you trying to import?
Also: You need to have the game active inside vortex that you want to import, you can't import fo4 mods if you have skyrim activated for example.

In response to post #64242756. #64243356, #64247481, #64248361, #64267641, #64267676 are all replies on the same post.

DoverWolf wrote: Well that sucks they need to add 0.65 support
Tannin42 wrote: It can import from any NMM version starting with 0.63, including 0.65.
However it may be having problems with certain games, which game are you trying to import?
Also: You need to have the game active inside vortex that you want to import, you can't import fo4 mods if you have skyrim activated for example.

Skyrim SSE

How do i add the game active inside vortex? Edited by DoverWolf

In response to post #64250616. #64250721, #64251976, #64253981, #64254386, #64259296 are all replies on the same post.

valshares24 wrote: You killed NMM. I wish vortex a lot of problems and bugs.
DrBrobot wrote: NMM was bad at this point in time anyways, Vortex is great.
silencer711 wrote: @valshares24 - Why would you wish this upon software intended to serve YOU better? NMM isn’t dead either; it is being kept alive and updated by the GitHub community HERE :)
sinizt3r wrote: @silencer711 thanks for the Git link.
hanageboubounosuke wrote: So you wish Vortex was NMM?
Pickysaurus wrote: NMM hasn't been "killed", you're still perfectly able to use it. Vortex is a choice, we're not forcing you to use it, but you may want to give it a try next time you setup some new mods :)

Vortex is great and works much better than NMM in my opinion. Have used it for some time now for both Skyrim SE and FO4 and it is great.