Nice work....

Erenar

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but his post also says "mod that is hidden". So had the mods been deleted or hidden when he checked the link?

I thought I read something from either Picky, Biz or Dark0ne that they'll get around to it ... someday. In the mean time they just show archived or something like that.

They did say that it would take time to do it since it has to be done manually. But since we're about 27 days away from the Aug. 5 deadline, declaring that they are lying about doing it seems a bit early.

What? Do you think they are betting buried in requests? Or maybe they are just waiting for this all to blow over, and go about their merry way, archived mods included.... Not like there is a lot of trust at this point.

What? Do you think they are betting buried in requests? Or maybe they are just waiting for this all to blow over, and go about their merry way, archived mods included.... Not like there is a lot of trust at this point.

I don't know. At the time they posted it was after midnight on a Saturday morning at the Nexus offices. Depending on when they put in their request it might need to wait until business hours on Monday.

Also, I don't know what would qualify as "buried in requests" since I don't know how many staff members they have working on it or how long it takes to fulfill one request. I would assume, based on my own guesses about how they run things, that they aren't going to spend any overtime on it until the deadline comes close.

Process as I understand it:

1. Deletion form submitted.

2. Email sent for confirmation of request.

3. Once confirmation received/verified (obviously takes time), files archived for deletion.

4. Files deleted as they are gotten to/order they appear in the deletion list (also takes times).

since I don't know how many staff members they have working on it or how long it takes to fulfill one request.

It's only the Admin staff processing the removal requests (so 4 at most), and I'd hazard a guess that the time each request takes depends on the amount of mods the user has, since each one has to be scrubbed individually.

So yes, it will take time to get through removal submissions (since they will be conducting their regular duties as well) - but they will be processed.

I will say to remember that August 5th is the final date for form submissions - deletions will continue past that date if required.

Process as I understand it:

1. Deletion form submitted.

2. Email sent for confirmation of request.

3. Once confirmation received/verified (obviously takes time), files archived for deletion.

4. Files deleted as they are gotten to/order they appear in the deletion list (also takes times).

since I don't know how many staff members they have working on it or how long it takes to fulfill one request.

It's only the Admin staff processing the removal requests (so 4 at most), and I'd hazard a guess that the time each request takes depends on the amount of mods the user has, since each one has to be scrubbed individually.

So yes, it will take time to get through removal submissions (since they will be conducting their regular duties as well) - but they will be processed.

I will say to remember that August 5th is the final date for form submissions - deletions will continue past that date if required.

Not sure if this was answered, but Why does it have to be ALL MODS or nothing?

Afraid that's one I don't know the answer for. The above is only my take on the removal process, so there might be part of it I'm missing/misrepresenting - if so, sorry for the confusion should that be true.

Would need (and I can hear the groans already) someone from the Admin level to answer that query, or Robin himself...

What I will say on a related matter though, is that I've noticed some people mention re-uploading files they have no issue being hosted under the newly enacted terms, and while there is no problem with people doing that if they wish, please take time to consider and understand what that means before doing so.

Afraid that's one I don't know the answer for. The above is only my take on the removal process, so there might be part of it I'm missing/misrepresenting - if so, sorry for the confusion should that be true.

Would need (and I can hear the groans already) someone from the Admin level to answer that query, or Robin himself...

What I will say though, is that I've noticed some people mention re-uploading files they have no issue being hosted under the newly enacted terms, and while there is no problem with people doing that if they wish, please take time to consider and understand what that means before doing so.

Thanks, I think one of the things that's a concern is about having to delete everything and reuploading is having to start over and re-qualify for the 1,000 downloads for the GMAD forum, instead of just being able to leave the ONE mod that's already reached that achievement up, while deleting others.

I've noticed some people mention re-uploading files they have no issue being hosted under the newly enacted terms

Files that does not make the mod work on their own, as in, Nexus can't claim the mod since its incomplete and people need to manually go to another site to get the full mod.

All content in the .bsa file that is created by authors should be strictly hand-off to Nexus since its likely to contain assets created with paid-for programs that Nexus has no right to claim for distribution for infinity...

Also you could have given us the option to delete a few files while keeping our mod pages, nothing about this whole situation gives any lean way towards authors at all, all or nothing ultimatum, no wander so many (including me) are angry, especially since you removed our ability to remove our files 3 days prior to even announcing that you did this, thats clearly done with malicious intent to not give us any other options aside from your ultimatum.

Edited by Guest