⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Trying to understand

MajorCyco

I know of one, but I wouldn't name them for fear of harassment.

The harasser fears harassment

How droll

BTW, that nice little "Appeal to authority" you just did, at trying to make it look like you have some "Insider Information" is a violation of any NDA, (if one exists), and was a bad attempt at a FLEX on your part

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good lord, you're still posting?

Hey, at least I am posting on a site I support. Why are you still posting?

Ya know, BigBizkit mentioned that they had been working with some mod authors..... However, I note they haven't mentioned any names. Anyone care to hazard a guess? :D

Not me. Remember, I just uploaded a mod here a few days ago. Plus, no use guessing as it sounds like you just want to be mean about it toward who ever they might be.

But whatever, this will be the only reply from me. I just can't believe you all are still at it. ... and it's funny cause it's the same people, same conversation, nothing new, same misinformation from people who actually don't know what they are talking about but like to hear themselves talk ... for like 40+ pages now lol.

Wow.....just wow

This is beyond ridiculous

Look at the date of the quote, and there's no end in sight.

I am going to make this my signature

It's interesting this is still going on. I would think those who disagree would have just moved on by now and left instead of constantly arguing back and forth over something that clearly isn't going to change. Just a minority of people in a bubble who can't accept change, and just want to continually argue about it because they think they couldn't possibly be wrong. Think it's some kind of knightly crusade they are on to free people from the evils of this world, or bring truth. To battle the oppressor.

It's practically no different then when you go on youtube and you hear people talking about conspiracy theories and they try and be loud to try and get people to listen, but the only people who ever do listen are just the same people who already agree with them and are often doing the same exact thing. They live in a world of lies, one that they themselves created and just get a feedback loop to make them feel like they are correct.

I have read through a lot of these comments, and people who are against this change ... something I have noticed is they don't actually have any good arguments against it ... in fact ... they don't even have bad arguments, they just don't like it. It's all based on emotion which is why these conversation often end up with insults being thrown rather than actually providing something to refute what has been said. And why they typically go in circles.

And the even more hilarious thing is all the people talking about law who don't seem to actually know how copyright works. All bark ... and no one brave enough to actually try and sue, wonder why. The fact some of you do not understand that you, as in the copyright holder, can give permission for someone else to redistribute your work under a contract, there is nothing illegal about that. And by law when you do that under some form of contract, you must uphold your end of that contract. Being the copyright holder doesn't just give you free reign to undo legitimate contracts that you agreed too.

As an artist (and having made mods in the past), it always shocks me how many people don't actually know the law, specifically in terms of copyright ... especially when they deal in creating content themselves. They only go on the internet and constantly bicker back and forth on what they "think" the law is or what they "think" is or isn't allowed based on what they like or dislike rather than reality.

The entire reason you as the copyright holder can give such rights is because most businesses function in that manner, where you have the manufacturer and the distributor. You can't have one individual making an agreement with a distributor and then just allow them to go back on their word, it would be against the law to do that because you have a legally binding contract with them. That is literally the whole point of a contract, so one party can't screw the other party over. If you could just break it and not have any sort of repercussions in doing so ... contracts would not work.

This means, if you know at this point in time what the ToS is, and Nexus can prove that you are aware, such as in this very thread where you are literally talking about it ... you would not win a lawsuit against them if you chose to upload or keep your mods here. Nor would you even have the moral ground to stand on an act like they are taking away your rights. No ... no one is forcing you to use this site. If you decide to use it, your rights are not being taken ... it is you giving the site permission to have the right to distribute. You can't claim it's being taken when you are the one giving it.

But whatever, this will be the only reply from me. I just can't believe you all are still at it. ... and it's funny cause it's the same people, same conversation, nothing new, same misinformation from people who actually don't know what they are talking about but like to hear themselves talk ... for like 40+ pages now lol. Like as if the ridiculous long conversation on the announcement thread or on reddit, or under news articles ... wasn't enough. But hey, maybe it just needs another 40+ pages. Have fun.

Edit: Funny thing is, the next comment quite literally proves the point I just made. No arguments, just insults, and ad homs. And they call me a troll? XD Amazing. I will say though, they in particular are one of the worst. Literally all their comments are pretty much just spewing garbage, even when it's toward the admins just explaining their position.

Brabbit once challenged someone to quote any lie she told in the course of this thread. I'll go one better. I will highlight it in context.

But Brabbit does know how to pad the post count.

Edited by ScytheBearer

Wow.....just wow

This is beyond ridiculous

Look at the date of the quote, and there's no end in sight.

I am going to make this my signature

Still bringing it up I see. Got nothing better to do I guess?

Brabbit once challenged someone to quote any lie she told in the course of this thread. I'll go one better. I will highlight it in context.

Did I challenge that before or is that something you are taking out of context? Either way, not really a "lie", as it was my intention to only post once. But even if you want to consider it a lie, it's not exactly a big one. The fact you all keep pointing it out just shows how petty and salty you are. Also, I feel everyone here is just trolling at this point. You all don't need to keep commenting, yet here you are still doing so .. continuing. And you may say .. well you are too, and sure. But you are all the ones who continue to act childish constantly trying to egg me on.

Literally, I only reply because you all keep saying stupid crap to me.

Edit: I mean, you all wanna talk about hijacking a thread, it's like you all just come here to talk crap about me. Like give it a rest already.

Edit 2: "But Brabbit does know how to pad the post count."

Said the person making a useless post in a thread that is already dead to continue an egg me on. I am starting to think you all actually love me.

Did I challenge that before or is that something you are taking out of context?

It was your VERY FIRST POST in this thread.

He quoted the entire thing, to make a point, IN YOUR OWN WORDS, that IS THE POINT.

YOUR VERY FIRST POST, there is no possible way to take your very first post in this thread "Out of Context"

He quoted the entire thing, to make a point, IN YOUR OWN WORDS, that IS THE POINT.

YOUR VERY FIRST POST, there is no possible way to take your very first post in this thread "Out of Context"

Aww poor thing .. didn't read things properly huh? I asked him about the challenge he claimed I ... made. Should really read things better before you respond. Also caps is so unnecessary.

Did I challenge that before or is that something you are taking out of context? Either way, not really a "lie", as it was my intention to only post once. But even if you want to consider it a lie, it's not exactly a big one. The fact you all keep pointing it out just shows how petty and salty you are. Also, I feel everyone here is just trolling at this point. You all don't need to keep commenting, yet here you are still doing so .. continuing. And you may say .. well you are too, and sure. But you are all the ones who continue to act childish constantly trying to egg me on.

Literally, I only reply because you all keep saying stupid crap to me.

Edit: I mean, you all wanna talk about hijacking a thread, it's like you all just come here to talk crap about me. Like give it a rest already.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lie

\ ˈlī
\
lied; lying\ ˈlī-​iŋ
\

Definition of lie (Entry 3 of 6)

intransitive verb

1 : to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive She was lying when she said she didn't break the vase. He lied about his past experience.
2 : to create a false or misleading impression Statistics sometimes lie. The mirror never lies.

Does "But whatever, this will be the only reply from me" "create a false or misleading impression"? Yes. So, by definition, your statement is a lie.

Now, explain is away. Put lipstick on it. Whitewash it. Dress it in a tuxedo. Bathe is in lilac. Pray over it. Walk it down the aisle. It will still be what it is. Your intentions mean nothing. Your actions are the truth.

Aww poor thing .. didn't read things properly huh? I asked him about the challenge he claimed I ... made. Should really read things better before you respond. Also caps is so unnecessary.

Thanks for proving you're just trolling.

You've shown your true colors and your intent, in this thread.

But whatever, this will be the only reply from me. I just can't believe you all are still at it. ... and it's funny cause it's the same people, same conversation, nothing new, same misinformation from people who actually don't know what they are talking about but like to hear themselves talk ... for like 40+ pages now lol.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lie

\ ˈlī
\
lied; lying\ ˈlī-​iŋ
\

Definition of lie (Entry 3 of 6)

intransitive verb

1 : to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive She was lying when she said she didn't break the vase. He lied about his past experience.
2 : to create a false or misleading impression Statistics sometimes lie. The mirror never lies.

Does "But whatever, this will be the only reply from me" "create a false or misleading impression"? Yes. So, by definition, your statement is a lie.

Now, explain is away. Put lipstick on it. Whitewash it. Dress it in a tuxedo. Bathe is in lilac. Pray over it. Walk it down the aisle. It will still be what it is. Your intentions mean nothing. Your actions are the truth.

Oh, hey thanks for proving my point. Says intent right there. And since I didn't intend to deceive, then it's not a lie.

As for the second definition, that is you taking it out of context, like you do a lot, in everything. When it says "to create" ... that is essentially saying the person is creating a false or misleading impression, not that others took it that way. You taking it as a false or misleading impression, doesn't mean that is what it was meant to be.

Get over it already. Let it go. It's not as important as you all are making it out to be.