Trying to understand

MajorCyco

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go to your download history page, it gives you a message that your download history is being generated, let that complete and you get a list of mods for your specific game. so for me, i was in fallout4 when I did this.

Once you have your history, there's a search box just above, in that search box put the word "DELETED" and it will filter all the mods in your download history that now have a status of "DELETED".

On my screen, when I did this, 143 mods that I had downloaded at least once, are now marked as deleted.

For me it was Subnautica, 45 out of 152, and the ones that are gone now, were some of the highest rated Mods and Modders for the game.

And I'd like to make another point, I remember in one of these threads, one of the "Negative" people saying that most will stay because there was only a a "Handful" of modders being vocal about this in the thread.

Well, two of the top modders for Subnautica have removed all their mods, and NEITHER of them posted in these threads, or anywhere else, they were quiet about it the entire time, and instead just left a small paragraph on their mod pages.

so, out of the 152 mods I have downloaded/download for Subnautica, 45 are gone, that's 30% of my LOAD ORDER.

In other news, it appears that Nexusmods is starting to show how intolerant they are to criticism of their recent actions - Axonis has just recieved a formal warning as well as restrictions on his posting ability. Clearly a warning shot with the sole aim of stating "shut your mouth"

In other news, it appears that Nexusmods is starting to show how intolerant they are to criticism of their recent actions - Axonis has just recieved a formal warning as well as restrictions on his posting ability. Clearly a warning shot with the sole aim of stating "shut your mouth"

............except they are allowing this thread............ let's not invent paranoia and anger issues for something that isn't warranted.

If I understand this correctly, and please correct me if I am wrong, the whole one click collection thing depends on using Vortex as a Premium Member. If this is the case, then a lot of work needs to be done with both Vortex, the downloading mechanism and the problems with purchasing premium. Just look at both the Vortex Support with 5,590 topics, Feedback, suggestions and questions, concerning slow download speeds and download fails and all the topics posted about how hard it is to purchase Premium.

Not to mention the enormous increase in premium membership.

If I understand this correctly, and please correct me if I am wrong, the whole one click collection thing depends on using Vortex as a Premium Member. If this is the case, then a lot of work needs to be done with both Vortex, the downloading mechanism and the problems with purchasing premium. Just look at both the Vortex Support with 5,590 topics, Feedback, suggestions and questions, concerning slow download speeds and download fails and all the topics posted about how hard it is to purchase Premium.

A non paying member can still use it, they just have to click on every download.

So, expect a thread complaining about having to click on every download to appear, there were enough threads from nonpaying members complaining about having that download screen pop-up before a downlead

All I see is some people who want to put their morality above other people's and treat them like crap because they think only their views matter.

<snip>

It's not your job to tell everyone else how they should feel about it.

Pot...kettle...etc.

Second, the legality of it is up to each copyright holder to determine on whether or not they care.

Copyright law is copyright law, irrespective of the opinions of any individual copyright holder.

A non paying member can still use it, they just have to click on every download.

So, expect a thread complaining about having to click on every download to appear, there were enough threads from nonpaying members complaining about having that download screen pop-up before a downlead

Not to mention all the folks that got up in arms simply because they had to create an account to download anything at all...

go to your download history page, it gives you a message that your download history is being generated, let that complete and you get a list of mods for your specific game. so for me, i was in fallout4 when I did this.

Once you have your history, there's a search box just above, in that search box put the word "DELETED" and it will filter all the mods in your download history that now have a status of "DELETED".

On my screen, when I did this, 143 mods that I had downloaded at least once, are now marked as deleted.

For me it was Subnautica, 45 out of 152, and the ones that are gone now, were some of the highest rated Mods and Modders for the game.

And I'd like to make another point, I remember in one of these threads, one of the "Negative" people saying that most will stay because there was only a a "Handful" of modders being vocal about this in the thread.

Well, two of the top modders for Subnautica have removed all their mods, and NEITHER of them posted in these threads, or anywhere else, they were quiet about it the entire time, and instead just left a small paragraph on their mod pages.

so, out of the 152 mods I have downloaded/download for Subnautica, 45 are gone, that's 30% of my LOAD ORDER.

Three top Subnautica modders left quietly, and from what I can tell, they took down a collective of 84 mods. Maybe others also left from that community, so the total number could be more.

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Three top Subnautica modders left quietly, and from what I can tell, they took down a collective of 84 mods. Maybe others also left from that community, so the total number could be more.

Yes! Itâs so sadâ¦it feels so much like losing a homeâ¦.-_-