Trying to understand

MajorCyco

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have her blocked too, but when I see the quoted posts I am likeâ¦oh come on. I donât answer her personally nor do I quote her. For the sake of others.

Yeah, I see the quotes too. I just find that answering isn't worth my time. Sc****e egal.

A company wouldn't have the option to press charges or initiate action unless a violation had already occurred.

Assuming this is a reply to my comment, I have no idea what you mean since we are literally talking about a scenario where such a violation would have occured. In reality, they don't initiate action because they don't want to. They are the enforces of their own copyrights, no one else.

So whether or not you want to see something as against copyright or not is entirely going to depend on the owner of that copyright. For example, we know Nintendo loves to smack down fan projects. We know they love to smack down fan events that require some form of entrance fee. We know they hate any of their characters being used. Like for example if Pikachu was displayed at a children's doctor's office, they probably ask them to remove it. But not all companies are like that. And it's not like they explicitly ever say what they do and don't allow.

If we are under the assumption that it's all against the law unless explicitly allowed, then I guarantee most of you have broken the law at some point. Using a character you do not own as an avatar for example. Did you get permission? Like come on, that so dumb and we all know there are unspoken rules when it comes to crap like this and can't just consider it all against the law that easily, or at least in the same sense as it would be if you punched someone.

But anyway this whole thread mutated to Bunnyâs blog. Bunnyâs daily epiphanies. Bunnyâs feelings and impressions.

But this whole thing isnât about Bunny. Itâs about nexus and how they implemented some major TOS changes without people knowing and about mod authors rights that get violated.

If bunny wants a Thread about herself, her epiphanies, feelings and worries, bunny maybe should open her own thread.

At this point I have to agree, especially having read the last couple of pages. Although "Bunny's twaddle" I think is more appropriate as a description, because it's just rehashing the same old invalid arguments against modders owning their work (and now against copyright as a concept!) that have been argued and debunked over and over and over again elsewhere, using the most insanely illogical straw-grasping and distortion.

You can't help the willfully ignorant. But you can ignore them, and that's what I shall do from now on.

At this point I have to agree, especially having read the last couple of pages. Although "Bunny's twaddle" I think is more appropriate as a description, because it's just rehashing the same old invalid arguments against modders owning their work (and now against copyright as a concept!) that have been argued and debunked over and over and over again elsewhere, using the most insanely illogical straw-grasping and distortion.

You can't help the willfully ignorant. But you can ignore them, and that's what I shall do from now on.

Throughout my time here on this particular thread, I have switched subjects (most still pretty related to the overall subject), whether it was because of me or someone else switching them. You all act like I just repeat the same things when that isn't even remotely true. I have not spoken on this subject at all until the moment I brought it up last night/early morning.

You all are just saying crap like this because you don't like what I have to say and you have to try and paint me worse than I actually am to make you feel more valid on how you feel about me.

Edit: Plus you only ever mention me and literally no one else who is also involved in doing the same. Only because you disagree with me, but not them. But sure, continue to point out how I am going in circles while everyone else here isn't apparently because you agree with them.

Plus is there even a reason to discuss this here like you two are doing. Sounds to me like trolling. The only people making it about me is you two by singling me out.

But anyway this whole thread mutated to Bunnyâs blog. Bunnyâs daily epiphanies. Bunnyâs feelings and impressions.

But this whole thing isnât about Bunny. Itâs about nexus and how they implemented some major TOS changes without people knowing and about mod authors rights that get violated.

If bunny wants a Thread about herself, her epiphanies, feelings and worries, bunny maybe should open her own thread.

I only have 2 posts within the last 2 - 3 pages (3 now). Stop exaggerating.

Well you did say that you needed to sleep. Now we know how many pages a Bunny needs to get proper rest.

Well you did say that you needed to sleep. Now we know how many pages a Bunny needs to get proper rest.

Well, to be fair, there have been times I have even not responded on the thread for a day or two. It's not like I am always here. If you want, I can even count to see how many pages I am on vs others who have been frequent in this this thread. It takes multiple people to have a thread go on, not just one person.

Seriously, I wonder if they ever get tired of hearing themselves speak......
"And another thing....."
"Oh by the way...."
"You're not interpreting it right!"

Ad nauseum....
I'll ad hominem, as well ;)

Well, since this has turned into a "LAST POST WINS" thread.

Here's mine

Sublime HadTo ... I'll see your Last and raise you one Last!!

Violating copyright is against the law.

Shoplifting is against the law.

Assault & Battery is against the law.

Assault with a deadly weapon is against the law.

Rape is against the law.

What these all have in common is there is a victim. If the victim does not press charges does not change the fact that all of these and other acts are illegal. Not pressing changes does not magically make any of these acts legal.

Edited by M48A5