Your longest fight

Argomirr

For me, it was the Battle of Lord Drad's Estate. I walked into that mine expecting to find a pretty standard set of guards carrying a pretty standard set of weapons... only to find out that they were all using Ebony and Glass equipment while I was running around in Fur armor with my most powerful weapons, an Elven Shortsword and a Fine Iron Bow- and an Endurance that hadn't been increased since I left the sewer. I just about shat myself when my opening arrow didn't only not kill my first target, it alerted all of the guards to my presence and sent them thundering after me. I did the only sensible thing and beat feet out to the fields where I led them around for damn near 20 minutes using everything I had to kill them. This was with my old computer, too, so I couldn't even hit them half the time because having that much happening on screen at the same time made for some horrific lag even on minimum settings.

I ended up having used all of my arrows, all of the five or so potions I usually carry while exploring, and my sword was just about broken; all of my armor was. It took me three trips to sell all the loot because I had no feather spells and a pretty low strength since my focus was, as it always is, on speed and agility. That taught me to be a bit more careful when using lower-level equipment at higher levels to "stay in character." That's also about when I started making Alchemy a primary skill so I could poison my sneaky arrows.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the longest lasting fight you ever had in Oblivion?

The longest fight I ever had was against Mehrunes Dagon. I had plenty of health potions, so I pushed the attack. I ran up, hacked, and then... :wallbash:. I think you get the idea. So, on my second attempt I enabled god mode. I spent near 40 minutes hacking away at him before I decided to check online to see how much health he started with. It was then that I realized you aren't supposed to attack him. :whistling:

I have to say faded Wraths as a warrior without a powerful weapon to hurt them... Flare doesn't do much when your at lvl 30. The fight took about a half an hour just to kill one. Had to console kill the rest cause I killed one and felt accomplish that I even managed that.

• 5 months later...
My longest and best fight would have to be with Orlando, from the AFK_Weye mod! After i bought the training area for the home, i was approached by him and he asked me to duel. I agreed to fight him and he told me to meet him on the Imperial Bridge in an hour. With the game slider almost at max we fought for almost 45 minutes, i had to take a break halfway though due to hand cramp from when i cut a finger off (it was re-attached). I ran outta potions, half my armor was broken and 9/10 of my health gone... but in the end i knocked him down, now he is a trainer in my home. The Best fight ever! AND...i have the option to duel him when ever i want...Awesome! :thumbsup:

All of mine involve The Lost Spires. My character is level 42 and a master at many skills. This will contain spoilers.

First up, the Warlock with the shock/paralyze staff. The staff caused shock damage and a 2 second paralysis, giving me just enough time to get back up as another blast hit me. It was like a cat playing with its kill; fall down, get up, fall down, get up, fall down, get up, die. I swear I could hear the Warlock laughing manically at my futility. I finally killed it, don't ask me how, and I heard this deep, evil chuckle. Next thing I knew, huge crystalline shards fell from the sky and killed me. I almost punched my computer screen. Even in death, this Warlock was screwing with me. :tongue: I finally turned the difficulty all the way to the left, and waited until his staff ran out of charge. Then, I dodged his final act of defiance. I finally beat it, after many, many do overs.

Next, I was in a certain lost labyrinth in a certain sewer. There was this one wraith that relentlessly kicked my @ss. It wasn't a boss wraith, or special in any way. I easily killed several wraiths in the same labyrinth before it. Yet, I just couldn't kill it, and it consistently beat the living sh*t out of me. The only weapon I had on me that could touch it was at 29 health from all the other undead, and a damaged silver claymore I desperately swiped from one of the skeletons next to it. After about 10 deaths, I cranked the difficulty to the left (seems to be a common theme with Lost Spires). Even so, I nearly died. Many ghastly claws to the face later, I finally killed it. Unfortunately, I forgot to reset the difficulty, so the huge minotaur at the end was a cinch. That whole labyrinth was brutal. I came out at 3:00 am with broken everything, and decided to pass out drunk at the Feed Bag.

Then there's the final boss...

Mine was fight with Mankar Camoran. There are also Raven and Ruma Camoran, and mine level is ALWAYS more than 35+, and difficulty slider about 90%. Mankar Camoran has deadly damage reflection, plus all those conjured creatures. It's pain to defeat all of them, but I like it. So, it lasts for 45 minutes. :whistling: And I die around 5 or 6 times.

Sorry for bad English. :confused:

My longest fight was with a normal wolf :dry: I was playing my assasin and tried to sneak kill him. So i snuck up to him and shot him with my bow from 2 or 3 meter and he survives :blink: I was at level 16 at that time and used a glass bow with matching arrows! I thought it was a special wolf or part of a quest and tried to get him with out being seen. After 5 arrows or so he realized that someone was shooting at him and went for my throat. :pinch: I unsheated my sword, took out my shield and the weirdest fight ever began. I swung my swords for I think 30 minutes! And he just didn't die! :verymad: Then I realized that there wasn't even blood around him. (I use "gorier blood" so I should have been near to drowning in blood) So I started to run for my life, after 10 or 15 steps I heared how some bandit scream "DIE!" and saw a life bar above my crosshair. So I turned around and saw the wolf AND the bandit lying there. When I checked the corpse the wolf hand one steel arrow and his fur...I DIDN'T HIT HIM!!! Wondering if it was a bug and being a little bit pissed about it I reloaded and tried to kill him again. He fell after one swing of my sword :dry: I really don't know what happened but well I never had such a fight again. Other than that there was only that guy from the "corrupte guard" quest. The guards teamed up with him and while I was busy killing them he took their armor and weaponary and it took my 15 minutes to take him down (level 4 character)