Is Bethesda Trying to Kill Modding Community?

reskyrim95

You can't "let the modding community fix it" because the majority of players have never and will never install a mod.

And "thorough testing" will still never reveal the problems that releasing it to 27 million users will reveal. No software in the history of mankind has ever left the programmer completely bug-free, let alone anything with this level of complexity.

And the number of modders is "always decreasing" because the game is eleven years old. New releases of the game and official updates bring in more players and more potential modders. Without them, these games would have far fewer modders.

Patches and updates don't bring in new players, that happens anyway. I would point out that Morrowind still has an active community, and it hasn't been updated in years...... And beths habit of shuffling how things work doesn't really help either.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SE release brought in a ton of new players. The AE release put it back in the media and brought in new players. The release on Game Pass brought in new players. The release on Gog will probably do the same.

Small technical patches don't, but they are needed for their own reasons.

Guest deleted34304850

Useless updates are getting released one after another for Skyrim. Not only to break the game but also its modding community. And they are releasing multiple mini patches so modders and users can't catch up with them. We need solution. Modding is becoming a headache for users and mod creators.

is it though? i mean, YOU may find it a headache, but you only speak for you.

the bethesda updates can screw a modded game and it can be a nightmare if you are not experienced but you like to mod. this is not a single experience of a lonely player but it is definitely a problem for many modders and players. it also happened to me that i went in that update trap since this is a default setting. not a big problem if you know what to do, if you have a backup and if you know the dependencies. I`m sure there are a lot of people with modded games who leave skyrim gameplay frustrated and never touch the game again - that is sad.

the mod destroying character of updates is an annoyance since script extenders exist and the mod dependency exists even if nobody asked for the upadate. it seems that is the price we have to pay for modding with extender since nobody has found a final solution to update the game without breaking mods before patch release.

Forced updates came about because people constantly complained to tech support about things that were already fixed. They just hadn't bothered to install patches that had been released. Forced updates was one of the major selling points of Steam when it started.

Forced updates came about because people constantly complained to tech support about things that were already fixed. They just hadn't bothered to install patches that had been released. Forced updates was one of the major selling points of Steam when it started.

we mainly talk about unforced bethesda game verions/updates after V.1.5.9.7 here for content nobody asked for. why do we need this with over 5k likes ?

modding clearly suffers severely from forced updates you can not stop beeing performed on steam if gameplay depends also on mods. to tell the people they have to wait for weeks or to play vanilla is no valid option.

Without even looking at that video I will bet it is PC centric and Modding centric.

Updates for consoles and non-modders are required. Updates for non-English speakers are required.

Asking Bethesda to separate their code bases in order to support our use of an unsupported game engine hack is absurd. If you use the script extenders, you wait after updates. That's all there is to it.

Unless you can come up with some magical way for Bethesda to update the engine without requiring a new SE version.

Without even looking at that video I will bet it is PC centric and Modding centric.

Updates for consoles and non-modders are required. Updates for non-English speakers are required.

Asking Bethesda to separate their code bases in order to support our use of an unsupported game engine hack is absurd. If you use the script extenders, you wait after updates. That's all there is to it.

Unless you can come up with some magical way for Bethesda to update the engine without requiring a new SE version.

you misunderstand me. i don't have a contract with bethesda, sony, steam or with microsoft. and i`m not begging to do their job. I'm here on my modding site for pc and want to use and to offer mods instead of trash. yes, so i'm modding centric which should not be such a big surprise speaking as a member of this site. it is not my job to find a solution. i just wanted to make clear hat this problem is obvious and that there are solutions (no forcing.., no drm... and so on).

so i do not understand your weak excuse for what is currently happening.

Because your "solutions" won't work. Steam doesn't allow for "no forcing.., no drm... and so on). GOG does, so your solution has now been presented. And people immediately complained about that because they think it will "divide" the modding community, as though it wasn't already "divided" by the Unofficial downgrade patch or people using other methods to prevent the game from being updated.

When Bethesda issues a game patch it will be issued for all platforms UNLESS the fixes only apply to a specific platform.

When Steam receives this new update it will push it to the users.

It's been like this since Oblivion was released on Steam. It's not going to change.

Complaining that the updates don't benefit you personally is not going to change anything at Bethesda, and it certainly does not indicate that Bethesda is "trying to kill the modding community" as the various conspiracy theorists like to scream.