Banning or removing accounts or mods

alien2godlike

I get your stance on diversity.. but some people(not me bi and proud) like their games without LGBT content in it and I think that's ok... I have friends from both side and I can tell you no one from the sane part of the LGBT community cares if someone makes a mod to remove diverse relationships. We simply don't have to download it 🥱 and removing someones self peace removes the games replayability for those who don't want to see it.. and by removing it you are removing freedom of expression, and doing the same thing straight people have been doing to movies, and shows for generations.. censorship of anything that doesn't fit your agenda 🤷🏿‍♂️

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted34304850

thats your opinion however, that opinion doesn't have any influence on the terms of service that everyone agrees to when they sign up.

don't like a policy - you can either accept it and bear the pain, or leave. its pretty easy.

Got to admit, I hate this policy. The opposite, forcing all relationships into LGBT is permissible, but forcing them into being straight isn't. Yes, sure, support diversity- but allow for the diversity of experience.

As much as it is touted that Nexus Mods is not the end all-be all of game modding, for a great many games it is. A solid example would be the games the website is most known for, the Skyrims, Fallouts and Cyberpunks. It's incredibly difficult for a mod from any of these games, again as an example, to gain any bandwidth or following outside of Nexus. Yes, there are mods that buck the trend, but they're rare for a reason.

Nexus is a great website with great creators, but it's hampered by a dogmatic and inflexible policy that restricts one's freedom of expression. By merit of these time's great politization of all things, an excellent rule of thumb could be to judge whether or not the opposite of the potentially controversial mod would be permitted to be on the site. Again, as a simple rule of thumb, not an eternal rule- Allowing for the blocking of more disfavorable files and mods. 

I hope that the powers-that-be would at least consider changing course, rather than just dismissing and throwing out the opinion of anyone who disagrees with them.

29 minutes ago, RoboticManiac said:

Got to admit, I hate this policy. The opposite, forcing all relationships into LGBT is permissible, but forcing them into being straight isn't. Yes, sure, support diversity- but allow for the diversity of experience.

As much as it is touted that Nexus Mods is not the end all-be all of game modding, for a great many games it is. A solid example would be the games the website is most known for, the Skyrims, Fallouts and Cyberpunks. It's incredibly difficult for a mod from any of these games, again as an example, to gain any bandwidth or following outside of Nexus. Yes, there are mods that buck the trend, but they're rare for a reason.

Nexus is a great website with great creators, but it's hampered by a dogmatic and inflexible policy that restricts one's freedom of expression. By merit of these time's great politization of all things, an excellent rule of thumb could be to judge whether or not the opposite of the potentially controversial mod would be permitted to be on the site. Again, as a simple rule of thumb, not an eternal rule- Allowing for the blocking of more disfavorable files and mods. 

I hope that the powers-that-be would at least consider changing course, rather than just dismissing and throwing out the opinion of anyone who disagrees with them.

This makes entirely too much sense not to make someone mad. I just watched a major creator absolutely melt down at someone for something hetero-oriented. [Edit for clarity- it was a minor, off-hand comment with no context or intended target other than self-deprecation] The creator waved their flag and immediately got their way- no one spoke up at all. The reverse would have caused an absolute firestorm. While the hyper-vocal minority continue to shout "Don't like it - leave," I'm not sure rational arguments are capable of gaining traction. 

Edited by Mindscry

It's simple really.  Wait fifty or sixty more years for the marginalized minorities to be equal with the majority who has power and then you can treat all cases equally.

Maybe go out and help that equality become reality sooner to save some time?

2 minutes ago, showler said:

It's simple really.  Wait fifty or sixty more years for the marginalized minorities to be equal with the majority who has power and then you can treat all cases equally.

Maybe I'm confused here. The section of the population that is currently in the 1%-6% range depending on study... who has absolute 100% say in how anything goes here.... they're going to become a majority, and that will make the argument for acknowledgement of both sides' opinions -- when the 95% majority opinion is completely invalid right now and even dangerous to verbalize because of the incredible, one-sided pushback?

32 minutes ago, showler said:

How are they not equal now? They have the exact same rights that I do.