Forums upgraded

Dark0ne

^ I'm sure there are many unnoticed changes to performance, functionality and security in this upgrade. Also, it's probably more readily supported with newer forum add-ons that are available if Dark0ne chooses to implement something.

I like the design of the white skin for this forum... the whole dark theme was rather depressing.

I just noticed that posts don't count like they used to over at Image Share. For me it's a bad thing, becouse that is my main area of expertise. Instead of making posts not count add a 60 seconds wait time, like on the forums. I'm sure this will prevent spamming, but keep some people happy.

Thanks,

Pushkatu!

They haven't counted for some time since it was abused by spamming. I don't see what the big deal about post-count is anyway. Doesn't mean anything. Quality of the posts is what counts, not quantity.

I just noticed that posts don't count like they used to over at Image Share. For me it's a bad thing, becouse that is my main area of expertise. Instead of making posts not count add a 60 seconds wait time, like on the forums. I'm sure this will prevent spamming, but keep some people happy.

Thanks,

Pushkatu!

They haven't counted for some time since it was abused by spamming. I don't see what the big deal about post-count is anyway. Doesn't mean anything. Quality of the posts is what counts, not quantity.

"

Well, each with it's own way. There is no big deal about it Slof, it was just a change I was curious about and posts count now. I'm not making a big deal out of it and I agree with you about quality over quantity, but let's be honest here, it's images we are talking about. We usualy say" Hey, that's a great picture" and move on, but I save most of those pictures. Like I said each with it's own way, but don't judge others if you don't want to be judged yourself. :turned:

Cheers,

Pushkatu!

But why? Tell me why you decided to upgrade forum version ? The previous version was very good.

I don't think Dark0ne had a choice. Invision Power Board required Bethesda to upgrade their forums software and I imagine likewise with all Invision's clients, including The Nexus forums. Frankly, I think Dark0ne has done a fantastic transition while upgrading the forum software at Invision's requirement.

A refreshing change Dark0ne (Know as Robin to his close friends). :woot: Oh! My! Is the forum like any other addiction and does it have bad effects on our minds? :nuke: Now that my status of, "Addict" is clearly stated I will have to find a woman who can bring me back from the brink of this forum's destructive effects on my health.

Nurse?! :woot:

:biggrin: :pinch: :turned: :teehee: :confused: :unsure: Watch for the Inquisition at your favorite Forum Soon! :blush: :whistling: