Why is no one making my mod request? The reality.

micalov

Or if I see a request that is too specific and mostly only the requester wants it and not the general community. This is also a no to me.

This point made me think. When I post a request, I tend to be that specific with the request, because I have a clear view of how I would like the mod I request. Say I'm requesting a spell; I don't just give the general idea of the spell, but I think up the damage values, how it works with certain perks, etc etc.

I'm not saying this to justify that, but if that's how most modders would feel when they see a very specific request, then maybe that's a sign I should calm down with my requests. I already feel it everytime I request something, "who the hell would care to read all of this?", but then I don't know what text to subtract, because this is how I want this mod.

ÃÂ

Thanks for raising the point, I'll have it in mind from now on.

But isn't 'making a request' a part of the purpose of 'skyrim mod request' forum? Asking for mods the requester wants specifically is part of the whole idea.

It's not really like a 'oh i hope everybody is gunna use my request' when it was meant to be a personal one in the first place. :/

Edited by lefttounge

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And some people forget that the game's engine come with quite a few limitations, and a few "mod requests" would require remaking the whole game for them to work and/or massive (over 1GB) mods.

And yeah, requests tend to be "personal request" most of the time.

I'd have to kinda disagree with that actually.

Yes the game can only handle so much.

But not everybody asks for too much. Sometimes some people ask for simple things, or even ask for legitamate help here on nexus.com

But nobody really cares to lend a hand, because they either don't care, or are far too arrogant and big headed to care...

Edited by lefttounge

I'd have to kinda disagree with that actually.

Yes the game can only handle so much.

But not everybody asks for too much. Sometimes some people ask for simple things, or even ask for legitamate help here on nexus.com

But nobody really cares to lend a hand, because they either don't care, or are far too arrogant and big headed to care...

I did say "some" not "many"...

and I agree about the "care" part.

... or there are not that many capable modders left ;)

There were not THAT many modders that fullfilled requests in Skyrim's prime. Even back then the request/modder ratio was around 20:1 i guess , ofc there are much more players than artists :D

Now the numbers are even muuuch lower (if there is even anyone left - just browsed the board after a long while).

Greetings

I'd still rather play skyrim modded than fallout 4.

You can get 'nookie' mods in skyrim. :P

In fallout 4, nobody even cared enough to do that.

Plus if you notice alone on loverslab.

Skyrim has like over 2,000 mods, while fallout 4 barely has over 200.

It speaks volumes for how people feel.

Edited by lefttounge

I'd still rather play skyrim modded than fallout 4.

You can get 'nookie' mods in skyrim. :tongue:

In fallout 4, nobody even cared enough to do that.

Plus if you notice alone on loverslab.

Skyrim has like over 2,000 mods, while fallout 4 barely has over 200.

It speaks volumes for how people feel.

There is also something to do with Script Extenders, or lack thereof, Fallout 4 and Skyrim Special Edition aren't as understood as Skyrim is...

The thing is that more people strive with most haste to learn to figure out what they enjoy playing the most.

Until they get tired of it of course. :P

That's why people arent quite as friendly to help out on nexus forums, let alone do requests.

The thing is that more people strive with most haste to learn to figure out what they enjoy playing the most.

Until they get tired of it of course. :tongue:

That's why people arent quite as friendly to help out on nexus forums, let alone do requests.

Reasons to make mods:

* "Because I can".

* the chalange.

* the recognition (sp?).

* Fame/Infamy.

* The attention.

* "My girlfriend wanted to go shopping, this is my excuse to not go with her".

* "Family diner/meeting, don't want to go".

* "I already hacked the FBI, CIA, MIB, etc this month".

* "I already hacked the FBI, CIA, MIB, etc this week".

* "I already hacked the FBI, CIA, MIB, wtc today".

* "I'm done cleaning stuff here"

* "It was modding or doing chores".

* "It's one thing to say I can do (X) better than (game company), it is another to prove it".

* "Stu-...Stupid (insert game's name here), i..i - it's not like I love you or anything!"

* etc...

;) You missed a couple good ones:

*antisocial

*i'm a robot

*to monitor human brain activities...

*I'm not into sports, so I just sit around and do this stuff all day.

*I got banned from Youtube...

*I use this as an excuse to hide from daylight

Edited by lefttounge