Why is no one making my mod request? The reality.

micalov

When you request a mod you have to realize this forum is more of a mod ideas forum.

Truth be told the chance of your mod being made is beyond extremely slim as most mod makers are busy with their own projects and ideas are a dime a dozen with every one thinking theirs is "teh bestest idea eveh!".

If you really want your idea come to life you are best to learn how to mod yourself.

Sigh. And what you need to realise is that no matter how much someone wants to do that they simply might not have the ability. I'm working on my own (none Skyrim) project but I don't consider it the "bestest idea eveh". In fact I'm going out of my way to have others give me ideas which I might then add in because they're good ideas. I also tried to get into webcoding, but this combined with everything I needed to do was simply too much at once. And now I know someone ELSE that has a better head for code and can do that. I know enough to be able to tell them where the code needs to go. But THEY are the one putting in the code. And that's what a mod is like. Some people are the ideas guy that does the writing. Others are the ones putting in the content itself. You're basically telling everyone to "Do it on your own". Neglecting the fact that perhaps, just perhaps someone will see an idea on this very sub forum and might just think "Oh, maybe I want to work on that." Maybe they won't just work on that, but it could be something to add in their already existing project if nothing else. Depending on how big or small it is. Or wherever someone finds an idea interesting enough to put their own personal project aside because they might find another, unconsidered idea even more interesting then what they didn't think off.

By your logic we may as well not bother with sharing ideas at all and just do it all on our own. Which is exactly how games came to exist in the first place. People share ideas. They either work together or take another persons ideas and add it into their project. This isn't just how mods are made. It's how games themselves are made. Mods don't just magically get made with one persons ideas. A multiple number of people give ideas for something to exist in the first place. Then something is made and more ideas are added on after that. In the case of the former it's formulating something to be added in to begin with. Tents. Campfires. Hunger. That kind of thing. In the case of the later it's more feedback based. What kind of tent. What can campfires do. How hungry you get over time. Either way it all revolves around ideas. Not just from the person making the mod (or game. Or even book or film or even a RL event) but from other people as well.

Edited by Taramafor

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you request a mod you have to realize this forum is more of a mod ideas forum.

Â

Truth be told the chance of your mod being made is beyond extremely slim as most mod makers are busy with their own projects and ideas are a dime a dozen with every one thinking theirs is "teh bestest idea eveh!".

Â

If you really want your idea come to life you are best to learn how to mod yourself.

Â

Sigh. And what you need to realise is that no matter how much someone wants to do that they simply might not have the ability. I'm working on my own (none Skyrim) project but I don't consider it the "bestest idea eveh". In fact I'm going out of my way to have others give me ideas which I might then add in because they're good ideas. I also tried to get into webcoding, but this combined with everything I needed to do was simply too much at once. And now I know someone ELSE that has a better head for code and can do that. I know enough to be able to tell them where the code needs to go. But THEY are the one putting in the code. And that's what a mod is like. Some people are the ideas guy that does the writing. Others are the ones putting in the content itself. You're basically telling everyone to "Do it on your own". Neglecting the fact that perhaps, just perhaps someone will see an idea on this very sub forum and might just think "Oh, maybe I want to work on that." Maybe they won't just work on that, but it could be something to add in their already existing project if nothing else. Depending on how big or small it is. Or wherever someone finds an idea interesting enough to put their own personal project aside because they might find another, unconsidered idea even more interesting then what they didn't think off.

Â

By your logic we may as well not bother with sharing ideas at all and just do it all on our own. Which is exactly how games came to exist in the first place. People share ideas. They either work together or take another persons ideas and add it into their project. This isn't just how mods are made. It's how games themselves are made. Mods don't just magically get made with one persons ideas. A multiple number of people give ideas for something to exist in the first place. Then something is made and more ideas are added on after that. In the case of the former it's formulating something to be added in to begin with. Tents. Campfires. Hunger. That kind of thing. In the case of the later it's more feedback based. What kind of tent. What can campfires do. How hungry you get over time. Either way it all revolves around ideas. Not just from the person making the mod (or game. Or even book or film or even a RL event) but from other people as well.

Lol af, there is no way in hell i'm reading that giant script L_L sorry bucko. Please consider shortening. Edited by lefttounge

• 4 weeks later...

The reason topics like these even pop up is because users who don't mod get so worked up over not having their vision(s) become a reality, it manifests into some people being rude to the point of harassment. I know, before I leaned what little I have, I used to write JohnSkyrim once a month (or more) trying to find creative and 'witty' ways to encourage him to finish the 'Judgement Armor (from World of Warcraft)" project he had been working on for sometime... at the time I thought maybe my desire for a mod idea would be enough to work a modder into WANTING to do what I wanted, but the reality is I was being whiny, impatient, and above all UNWILLING TO SOLVE THE ROOT OF THE ISSUE MYSELF.

I personally neglect the 'fact' that someone logs on to The Nexus after they get done with work and un-cork a bottle of champagne as they open a forum topic of ideas from users who are not willing to do what it takes to make their visions become reality. I'm sure it happens, but I'd wager not often, and any mod author who practices that I would have to assume would do so in between projects that derive from their own interests.

I'm not really sure how micalov's position does not make sense to you... or you think it's unfair or something... "may not have ability?". I think you're selling yourself short... and you're unwilling to do what is necessary to bring your own ideas to life, which is fine. I can understand... it's a lot of stuff to learn. But I can't help but notice that your position is backed by nothing.... you are telling a user who has released 85 mods that they 'need to understand' something.... you have not released anything, Users who complain about the advice of modders always fall into the same category. Perhaps if you spent as much time learning 'webcode' as you did writing out your comment you'd be steps closer to both understanding and seeing your ideas become real.

I don't mean to be offensive in my language, I simply am passionate in the defense of those whom have worked for their skills and knowledge, and do not appreciate seeing users denigrate feedback from those whom they are reaching towards for a hand-out.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys :D Im not sure where exactly Im supposed to post requests but this thread looked pretty lively. If there are any modders who have the time, ive been trying to find a mod to allow you to equip a shield with your two handed weapons. To clarify: I dont mean wielding a greatsword with one hand and just swinging it like a regular sword. Id like to keep the damage and swing speed of the two handed weapon but be able to equip a shield with it.

If there is anyone who is willing and able to help I would very much appreciate it!

@AnonymouslyAwesome

Just give up, lol my friend. :unsure:

Modders don't help others much (especially on the mod requests forum, they're least likely to help, you can still go there if you want). Most just want to help only themselves, by putting up what THEY want.

It's almost like some of them are bots. Ya feels where I'M jivin at?

I bet if you went on reddit, you might get a better response, i'd try there as well. Um, good luck :)

Edited by lefttounge

Modders don't help others much. Most just want to help only themselves, by putting up what THEY want.

So you're really complaining about the fact that modders work on stuff that THEY like instead of fulfilling all these ridiculous requests of the anime-manga-fanboys that pop up here everyday?

Edited by Novem99

That's RIGHT, bucko! L_L

Modders dont ask people what they want, instead get just do what they do. And when people do ask. They get angry. Like you do, and the first thing they go is. "Modders work very hard and stuff"

But really, its just most -not ALL I said most-

Just hurling out awkward followers again, instead of making followers I asked for, or what others asked for.

Again, most think everybody owes them something. Then years later they quit modding anyway and say its too hard and stuff. If you helped people with what they asked for,you would feel good about yourselves more.

Hmph! Thats why presets are everywhere, which will take completely over the nexus as time goes by, my son. :armscrossed:

Edited by lefttounge

If you are a modder and you get the same silly questions again and again after releasing a mod like

"Could you do a CBBE conversion?"

"The handle of the sword is too thin. Could you make it bigger?"

"Could you release a Ninja Turtle race?"

"Does it conflict with SMIM?"

it's just understandable that you get angry.

Btw I remember well seeing YOU with these kind of questions in the comments section. And with your comment above you've clearly shown that you have no clue about the whole modding thing. You have absolutely no right to get your very special kind of request being made.

Edited by Novem99