⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

The last movie you watched thread

HellsMaster

Look on the bright side Paga ... Elon isn't expecting any of us common folk to be anything but hired help (and for most of us we still get to pick and choose who we'll work for, at least to some extent).

So it'll be the 0.1 Percenters ponying up the big bucks deluxe for "the trip of a lifetime". With any sort of luck maybe Elon can help us winnow them down to 0.05 percent, or at least 0.075 ... err, but wait ... Elon will have his big bucks deluxe ticket fees, but the passengers will be leaving behind their planet sized piles of cash. Somebody will get their grubby paws on that for certain and then we'll be back up to 0.1 percent.

Could be one of those "you can't get there from here" things.

You don't remember what the deal of the day was for MARS???!!! What pill did you take to forget? I want some!

The people to test the Starship are all are rich civilian workers and volunteers.

The first to go to MARS signed up YEARS AGO from the college volunteers board and online bulletin board. Which, only one of them, who dropped a hard boil egg on Elon's plans, was kicked off the Volunteer's list.

All of them from RICH families and are the Universities top college members of the Smarty pants families children who will be in their 30's soon. So they will be too old to go if they don't lift off before 2021. Let me do the math. 18 + 10 = 28

They posted and got all the volunteers from colleges in the last 10 years, 18 to 30 year of age. NOW OLD!

By 2021 the 30 year olds will be washed out, and the ones reaching 30 will be filtered out, for new younger volunteers who have at least studied at home enough to pass the exam on, "How to stay calm when the air in your suit is all that you have left because yours lost fuel and the fuel left isn't enough to get back to Earth without resources (that are not on Mars) until they send yet another Starship to get you in 6 months." :laugh:

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look on the bright side Paga ... Elon isn't expecting any of us common folk to be anything but hired help (and for most of us we still get to pick and choose who we'll work for, at least to some extent).

So it'll be the 0.1 Percenters ponying up the big bucks deluxe for "the trip of a lifetime". With any sort of luck maybe Elon can help us winnow them down to 0.05 percent, or at least 0.075 ... err, but wait ... Elon will have his big bucks deluxe ticket fees, but the passengers will be leaving behind their planet sized piles of cash. Somebody will get their grubby paws on that for certain and then we'll be back up to 0.1 percent.

You don't remember what the deal of the day was for MARS???!!! What pill did you take to forget? I want some!

The people to test the Starship are all are civilian workers and volunteers.

The first to go to MARS signed up YEARS AGO from the college volunteers board and online bulletin board. Which, only one of them, who dropped a hard boil egg on Elon's plans, was kicked off the Volunteer's list.

All of them from RICH families and are the Universities top college members of the Smarty pants families children who will be in their 30's soon. So they will be too old to go if they don't lift off before 2021. Let me do the math. 18 + 10 = 28

They posted and got all the volunteers from colleges in the last 10 years, 18 to 30 year of age. NOW OLD!

By 2021 the 30 year olds will be washed out, and the ones reaching 30 will be filtered out, for newer, younger, volunteers who have at least studied at home enough to pass the exam on, How to stay calm when the air in your suit is all that you have left until the return flight ship comes back to get you in 6 months. :laugh:

Beta testers ... dime a dozen at best.

Trust me, Elon's business plan isn't transporting volunteers to hither and yon. He also has a list of deposit paid customers, and they aren't living in discarded fridge boxes under some freeway overpass.

Now me?? Yup the adventurer side of me would have loved it, but Elon's people will need to spin up the propellers on their hats a bit more to get me. Using your math we'll need a few more "plus 10's" added to the equation (well alright ... quite a few).

I believe I'll need to wait for Elon's crew to fab up a time machine.

By 2021 the 30 year olds will be washed out, and the ones reaching 30 will be filtered out, for newer, younger, volunteers who have at least studied at home enough to pass the exam on, How to stay calm when the air in your suit is all that you have left until the return flight ship comes back to get you in 6 months. :laugh:

Trust me, Elon's business plan isn't transporting volunteers to hither and yon. He also has a list of deposit paid customers, and they aren't living in discarded fridge boxes under some freeway overpass.

Now me?? Yup the adventurer side of me would have loved it, but Elon's people will need to spin up the propellers on their hats a bit more to get me. Using your math we'll need a few more "plus 10's" added to the equation (well alright ... quite a few).

This is getting so I can't have a near death experience, revive, and not find that someone has brought up Time Travel.

Not one of the long near death experiences. A pause in time. Pondered as I wondered what I ate that gave me the desire to sleep when I wanted energy to raise me up and get me moving like I was 18 again. Coffee isn't strong enough to keep me awake some times and I can only imagine I ate a bad grain of oat meal steamed, maybe the milk was sour, and/or the brown sugar was older than me. But I digress. Back to the thinking that I found when my body was roused again.

The Time Machine. H. G. Wells wrote an extraordinary book on the subject. Touted as a Science Fiction. Details in the work suggested he had a vivid imagination that turned history around so the usual crowd of readers of old text found his style unusual and also drew the attention of people who seldom lifted a book on dusty old tomes for their style was so monotonous.

Still seen from the work of his "The Outline of History" my copy was the Fourth Edition Revised in 1903. He wrote it comparing his time in history to the past history of others, items, and places as they changed over time. He made history interesting while he made his way along the paths of the past, present, and future.

THE BIG QUESTION IS; What would you use a time machine for?

Since you raised the banner, would you mind starting a thread and given the question I gave; answer it in your opening statements.

This is getting so I can't have a near death experience, revive, and not find that someone has brought up Time Travel.

Not one of the long near death experiences. A pause in time. Pondered as I wondered what I ate that gave me the desire to sleep when I wanted energy to raise me up and get me moving like I was 18 again. Coffee isn't strong enough to keep me awake some times and I can only imagine I ate a bad grain of oat meal steamed, maybe the milk was sour, and/or the brown sugar was older than me. But I digress. Back to the thinking that I found when my body was roused again.

The Time Machine. H. G. Wells wrote an extraordinary book on the subject. Touted as a Science Fiction. Details in the work suggested he had a vivid imagination that turned history around so the usual crowd of readers of old text found his style unusual and also drew the attention of people who seldom lifted a book on dusty old tomes for their style was so monotonous.

Still seen from the work of his "The Outline of History" my copy was the Fourth Edition Revised in 1903. He wrote it comparing his time in history to the past history of others, items, and places as they changed over time. He made history interesting while he made his way along the paths of the past, present, and future.

THE BIG QUESTION IS; What would you use a time machine for?

Since you raised the banner, would you mind starting a thread and given the question I gave; answer it in your opening statements.

Paga ... I think you dropped this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can't believe I watched a family: Bee Movie. Where I found the voice of Seinfeld playing a bee, became a Bee lawyer, and was living life with a human florist. It's like seeing a repeat of the short life of a honey bee. I got a pack with 3 movies for the price of one, including, Antz and Turbo the Snail.

I've got real Wasps living on my outdoor thermostat radio antenna transmitter. After I saw a dozen or so of the Wasps parked, not crawling around on it, at night they packed in close to each other and parked on top of the one inch wide broadcast device. It is under a small porch overhang. It's got to be a 90 degrees Fahrenheit under there.

I can't believe I looked up and saw them. I even asked Hey! Google why do Wasps do that. I found out they are doing it most likely because their Hive was destroyed.

Looks like a Bee Lawyer is needed. A sequel to Bee Hive; Bee Hive 1. Bee Lawyer sues humans for destroying Wasps home for no reason what-so-ever. They like to hang around anything that has a electromagnetic pulse.

Story: Wasp's trying to use small electronic weather station antenna to send out an SOS to Berry.