Nexus Mod Manager, the Nexus Client, entering closed BETA

Dark0ne

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really good news!

What will the client do with Premade FOMOD Packs such as those Kaburke made for Fallout 3, or the PFPs made by me or Gopher for New Vegas? (Replace "FOMOD" with something else if FOMODs are being replaced with a new type of file.)

Will they become obsolete, except for inactive authors, when the new Mod Packaging GUI is added? If they don't become obsolete, how will the client handle updates for mods installed using a PFP? An automatic update through the client could overwrite features of the PFP, like install scripts. (Potentially, if a mod has been installed using a PFP, and the mod and PFP are both updated, could the client find the new version of the PFP and update the mod using that PFP?)

Edited by nyrb

Well I hope this works better than OBMM. If I uninstall a mod with BAIN that overwrote some files of another mod, BAIN will reinstall the files from the mod that got overwrote - automatically. OBMM does not do that. OBMM is fine for static load orders, but if you want to check out a mod and then remove it again, you're asking for trouble.

There are also a number of Oblivion modders that have switched to BAIN packaging for their mods - you can't use OBMM to install those mods. I have switched my mods to BAIN packaging, although at this point, I still have an OMOD conversion script. Some mod authors don't.

@bben46 - with Wrye Bash, you can drag a mod to a different spot in your load order - the same as you can with OBMM.

This was something i was waiting for a long time. I will get the premium membership if this gets public download. and start a new modlivion with it.

most questions where already anwered but: will it also handle mods and data that are outside of the data folder? like obse and so on? would be confortable to check and update the version of that tools too.

now that i think about it, obse is a bad excample course its no nexus file.

@ishameltheforsaken

FCOM may be in need of more concise install instructions and more centralized locations for downloading the necessary files, but I doubt that something so complicated will ever be able to be effectively installed at the touch of a button.

Even if it was packaged like that, it would consequentially make it extremely difficult to manage the overhaul to ensure stability and even then you would still need to know how to use the Bashed Patch to get the game to work.

@arthmoor

"Actualy, according to what you initially asked for, it is, but you've now switched up and are asking for something different "

Not realy no. In both of my previous comments, i clearly mentioned an absence of installation order software which handles the order automaticly. Or even a simple guide that would help us to manually order our list. Therefore BAIN clearly is not an option in this relevant matter. ( Also let us not forget there are workaround ways to sort OMOD installer in OBMM when we're saying sorting the installers order manually in bain is a powerfull thing to do)

I'm sorry but; You sir just didn't quite read my post carrefully.

edit: I don't know how to make quote things. Sory.

Edited by Elrumel