This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

As for how to see or manage the list of users you block, go to your file site User Area: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/users/userarea/

And below "Files" you'll find an option "Manage blocked users": http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/users/usermoderation/

It may say 'moderation', but I'm sure last time I answered this question I wasn't yet a member staff, and I'm pretty sure it's not a staff-only feature by any reason.

As for those switches from logged in to logged out in the course of switching from front page to file page and vice versa, it could be an issue of the url you're using.

I experienced this myself quite a lot in the past already while following out-dated links to Nexus mods. "skyrim.nexusmods.com" for example isn't correct anymore, and worse yet it is a different sub-domain even, while cookies are mostly restricted to domains or sub-domains, and as such you will be able to have 2 different login states in your cookies, 1 for "www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/" and 1 for "skyrim.nexusmods.com", or the old one simply won't work at all anymore anyways.

Many old or dead links are redirected automatically by the Nexus servers already, but not always do they end up at the right destination. When following off-site links, or even those provided by SiteBot in older topics(!), it is paramount to check the url structure. Anything else but "www.nexusmods.com/<name-of-game>/" will only lead into trouble at one point or another.

This relates to the Skyrim mods, but as I understand the new site design it probably relates to all mods. When I go to download a mod manually, I select a file to download then I get a window asking me where to download it. If at that time I choose cancel, the file still seems to download entirely - But to where? (No, I know that you can't tell me...) So, I have one suggested change and one question.

Suggested change(s): DON"T start the download until a 'download to' choice is made. OR stop the download any time a 'cancel' choice is made. Some of us do pay for bandwidth...

Question: If 'cancel' is selected instead of 'download to', is the file then removed after the download is finished? If yes, then looking for it is an exercise in futility, isn't it?

Ok, I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but when I go to click the link to download a mod using the manager, it freezes the website to where I can't click on anything on the website, but I can still scroll up and down in it..... I've also had the issue that when I try to manually download it, it tells me that my browser can't find the page or the link. I've tried on 2 different internet browsers but it just doesn't work on either of them. If anyone can tell me whats wrong with the website, or if anyone else is having trouble with it, I would love to know how to fix it. Thank you :smile:

Edited by bloodhavoc31

On 5 March 2014 I renewed my membership for 12 month, yet to this date I have not been activated. My bank statement shows that you received payment of $41,00 and a foreign charge of $1.23. Can someone tell me the reason why I'm not yet activated? My internet address is [email protected]. PS: I don't know if this is the right place for this request, Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

I do not feel comfortable adding people as friends who I do not know, but there are plenty of people I want to "follow." I often find myself in want of a news tab that essentially works like tumblr, where you can follow modders and see their status updates and new/updated files. Not sure if you can currently write articles not anchored to a mod, but that would go well with that feature as well, to get updates on as yet unreleased mods and such.

Would it be considered to add body types in the blocking tags section? I use the New Vegas Nexus for mods, and it seems like for most armors and other clothing I just see Type3, etc. body types. I don't really like those body types, so it would be nice to be able to whittle them out and focus on armors and clothing that I want to put in my game, or can put in my game.

Also, if there is an existing way to hide stuff like that, please let me know, heh.

Dark0ne, is there any chance of implementing tracking replies (with notifications - it wouldn't even have to point to specific posts, just to know I got a reply in comments for specific mod would be tremendously helpful) to your own posts?

Edited by Octopuss

Dark0ne, is there any chance of implementing tracking replies (with notifications - it wouldn't even have to point to specific posts, just to know I got a reply in comments for specific mod would be tremendously helpful) to your own posts?

What makes a 'reply' for you? Clicking the 'reply' button on the file sites? Replies on the forums will remain unnoticed. Using 'quote' on the forums? File sites left out. Using both, what's with people just making another post in which they just personally address you? How's the site meant to tell the difference and cover all possibilities?

For what it's worth though you already have a somewhat close implementation of this in place here on the forums side:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications

It doesn't yet cover all of what you're asking for, but it's quite a lot already. ...I wasn't even aware of the feature to receive a notification when somebody 'quotes' me!

Ah you mean notifications here on the forums? Yeah well... I stopped visiting the forums almost completely, because apparently you're not supposed to post here, because it creates horrible mess in the comments section of mods (I understand the underlying functionality for that comes from the forums, but it's a bit complicated), and I was "yelled" at for doing that on multiple occasions.

So are you saying I can get a notification in the forums if someone clicks a reply in comments section of a mod? That would be enough I guess, if it worked (it doesn't seem so).

Basically what I had in mind was a notification on the main nexus site (or one for specific game, more precisely) when someone replies to a comment you make. The same kind of notification you get when new files for tracked mod is uploaded.

Edited by Octopuss