This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

I am a new premium member. Why can't I post a new topic of discussion instead of having to scroll though EVERY post to try and find some help with a mod or installation? There is NO New Topic or New Thread button on my page.

What page? And premium doesn't affect whether you can start a thread or not. If you want to ask a question go to the correct forum page and choose New Topic

I would, except there is NO New Topic button or Icon to choose... This is what I see... And this SHOULD be the correct forum... Feedback, Suggestions and QUESTIONS

AdvancedThis topic

photo-thumb-1.gif?_r=0
Started by Dark0ne, Jan 29 2008 08:45 PM

2553 replies to this topic

AdvancedThis topic

photo-thumb-1.gif?_r=0
Started by Dark0ne, Jan 29 2008 08:45 PM

2553 replies to this top

@Jggregory99

The reason you don't have a "Start New Topic" button at the top of the page is that you cannot start a new topic when you are in a topic. Your example shows that you are on page 256 of 256 in the sub-topic "This is the site feedback/questions section".

You can start a new topic if you were in the main page of "Feedback, suggestions and questions".

The search function seems to be a bit ... Off. As an example, (the only one that I have handy) if you are in the fallout 4 mods page and try to search for "full dialogue interface" (or any combination derived,, Such as 'Full' or 'dialogue' or 'interface' or 'dialogue interface',,) you won't find it. You will be given a list of suggestions, but not that mod. If you google "fallout 4 full dialogue interface" it shows you the page first hit.

The search function seems to be a bit ... Off. As an example, (the only one that I have handy) if you are in the fallout 4 mods page and try to search for "full dialogue interface" (or any combination derived,, Such as 'Full' or 'dialogue' or 'interface' or 'dialogue interface',,) you won't find it. You will be given a list of suggestions, but not that mod. If you google "fallout 4 full dialogue interface" it shows you the page first hit.

The forum search is broken. I suggest using google to navigate the site

Searching for "full dialogue interface" on the Fallout 4 file site to me yields the mod immediately at place #1.

Check your Content Blocking settings for some of its tags you potentially block, if you get different results in searches than the rest of the membership. ("translation" is likely the most blocked tag around, and this mod page has it set.)

Hey, I appreciate the work being done, but gotta say I hope the new download page is temporary. When you're popping in and out of different downloads, redownloading, testing your own files, etc. etc. it can be annoying to have to wait for yet another page to load. Old one was faster.

I second this. I understand the download speed is slower for non-premium, I don't need to be reminded every time I download something like I was downloading from some crappy fileshare website.

Hey, I appreciate the work being done, but gotta say I hope the new download page is temporary. When you're popping in and out of different downloads, redownloading, testing your own files, etc. etc. it can be annoying to have to wait for yet another page to load. Old one was faster.

I second this. I understand the download speed is slower for non-premium, I don't need to be reminded every time I download something like I was downloading from some crappy fileshare website.

Third this. Back before they do this, the site actually automatically seperate premium and free user download speed. I tried as premium and free user. It actually seperate the 2 types of bandwidth for users. The site dev just makes the less UI friendly with that extra steps for everyon to click. Since most users have been using Nexus since back when, it's been a smooth journey. Now you just make us do another click for no reason at all.

Edited by Crane92

If you comment on a pinned thread that hasn't been posted on in over a month, is it "thread necromancy"?

Depends on what you post. Sometimes a month is no time and the topic is still valid, so you might have some valuable new information or discussion point.

However, if the topic itself already is long since dead and buried, the OP and/or other participants unlikely to even be still around, and all you post is just something like "me, too, I have the same problem", when additionally that's also very unlikely as the original problem was long since fixed, well... I think you get the drift.