Big changes for the Nexus Mod Manager and the introduction of Tannin42, our new head of NMM development

Dark0ne

In response to post #46558390.

NightroModzz wrote:

Okay, the guy is now doing this full time, has his own team, and should have access to both MO and NMM source code. Why don't we have any news on a beta yet or at least development updates?

I have refused to play Skyrim and mod it since SSE. I hat NMM as it is and whenever I reinstall it, it carries over my old mods that no longer exist in a data folder and shows as installed. I can't uninstall or install modes in that condition. The overwrite system and the way it handles certain mods are very poor. When it was usable, a lot of the time it was game breaking for me.

+1

Just a tiny update, please. What progress so far? How many months away are we?

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I'm just hoping I can have Skyrim not randomly crash on me because of the amount of mods I'm using so much when this "new NMM" comes out.

That shouldn't be dependent on your Mod Manager, but rather your modding practices and general Load Order.

And there was yet *another* update today (63.13). The rhetoric of it no longer being supported seems a bit ridiculous.

It's one thing to say you're working on something better that will replace it, and another to say you're no longer supporting it. I am also hesitant to install the new update, considering it blew out EVERY installed mod (150+) the last time.

Now, granted, this new update DOES provide for a backup (which the last did not), but it still comes down to, please do what you say and say what you do.

Thanks.

(And the work that goes into all this does NOT go unappreciated!!! Frankly, you should be employed by the game companies to make their games what they SHOULD be in the first place!)

I'm confused- is the open beta nexus mod manager worked on by tannin?

Not the current version up for download, no. The one Tannin42, DuskDweller, and Luco81 are working on right now is still in development and hidden behind closed doors.

We'll most likely get an update on the progress once they have a near-testable version, or whenever they want to post a new announcement about it. Until then, we'll have to sit tight and wait patiently for any news. :)