SKSE

Lodbrok

Well, I use Rudy ENB and Vivid Weathers. OK I know ENB is limited at the moment (some ENBs generate awful skin tones). But I could not be happier with what I have scenery and weather-wise in my SE. It's outright gorgeous. Hopefully there will be improvements in due course from Boris Vorontsov to help improve skin tone, etc. But it is early days.

BeHippo from the SKSE team said Skyrim SE is like having old Skyrim but with the "index" slightly askew. It's not so much everything changed, but certain elements did. The team have been working their way through the new "index" and reconnecting the elements in the 64bit game. As we know some of the game is unchanged (quite a lot, really).

So hold on to your hats - I suspect we'll have a reasonable stab at SKSE 64 before long!

And whilst writing please may I pass on my thanks to the SKSE team for what they are doing! If I knew what a hexadecimal looked like I'd offer to help, but...I'm dumb. So I'll sit here pulling arrows out of my knees for now.

@ Goffender - SKSE is available from the Silverlock web page http://skse.silverlock.org/ . I don't know if Nexus will host a page - that's up to the Silverlock team.

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will SKSE64 be available on steam or only Nexus?

Neither. It will be available on it's own page like the other Script extenders.

SKSE has a steam page, but that is up to Valve/Beth to allow it.

*cues the drum rolls and waits in silent and eager anticipation of news as March marches on*

*also does the full on cheer-leading thing complete with mini-skirt and pompoms*

Edited by Tilgia

I'm currently listening to an update video. Looks like the SKSE team is still twiddling the code. Release for a beta version was expected mid-March, but it looks like we're not gonna make it there just yet. As I listen to the video, it sounds like they're probably headed more for a late-March to mid-April release.

3/15

Yeah I'd call this mid-March. Assuming their ETA was accurate it should be nearly done by now.

I haven't played SE at all since I've been waiting for this. I see no reason to start installing mods

when the best ones depend on a script extender.

I'm checking the website frequently.

I'm currently listening to an update video. Looks like the SKSE team is still twiddling the code. Release for a beta version was expected mid-March, but it looks like we're not gonna make it there just yet. As I listen to the video, it sounds like they're probably headed more for a late-March to mid-April release.

where is this update video?? I haven't seen any updates on the SKSE website.